Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Proof Of The Warframe Psyche And A Disturbing Question

Evanescent

Hunhow never suggests that the Stalker is a Warframe. He says that Stalker is asking himself if he's one of these wretched things - the Tenno. Notice how he says that as the Stalker is looking at and about to grab the Tenno operator.

could be, but why would he say, only tenno´s death will end your despair, I would think he means then the control will be over.

This just makes me wanna be able to replay or rewatch my own SD quest.

Totally

Being replayable is a must especially with all that effort put into it, it would just be a waste. =\

That would be immensely helpful.

I'm uploading all 12 of them right now~

i relate them closer to evangelions, they have a sorta mind of their own but are still controlled by a pilot 

that mind thing shows up in most funny way when EVA unit 01 goes rampage just after having its brain smashed of the skull....

but yeah overally the resemblance is too visible to not see it :)

Warframes are human-sized remotely controled Evangelions...

The answer is Evangelion. Like the Evas, Warframes are capable of going 'berserk' when their Operator is threatened.

Its an obvious reference/inspiration and i think its something thats true in one way or another.

Edited by Misgenesis

The answer is Evangelion. Like the Evas, Warframes are capable of going 'berserk' when their Operator is threatened.

Its an obvious reference/inspiration and i think its something thats true in one way or another.

Does that mean that our warframes are also our dead parents?

well the tennocite virus did infect many .. it twists and mutates, the orokin by speculation sued it and the mutated...subjects material to craft frames....

"why harm us, we are your flesh tenno"

comes to mind

the warframes could be artificial creatures constructed from manipulated genes, this would mean they have restrictions and limitations designed in them for our operator to use, controlling genetic points they physically cant fight 

Regarding for the Warframe to remove that sword from itself, ever thought that the Lotus took control of that Warframe somehow to remove it?. We all know the Lotus has some control over the Warframes as in the first beginning in the game when Vor puts that thing on the warframe's leg, The lotus says  that SHE is surging the Warframe power or something like it? It could means the Lotus saved us by controlling that Warframe.

I always thought it was:

"WE ARE YOUR FLESH! WE EMBRACE YOU! WHY DO YOU DEFILE US?"

Regarding for the Warframe to remove that sword from itself, ever thought that the Lotus took control of that Warframe somehow to remove it?. We all know the Lotus has some control over the Warframes as in the first beginning in the game when Vor puts that thing on the warframe's leg, The lotus says  that SHE is surging the Warframe power or something like it? It could means the Lotus saved us by controlling that Warframe.

That would suck. =/

I also consider the fact that Warframes, at the very least have some kind of CAPACITY for autonomy. The proto-Rhino in the codex acted the way it did because of how it came to exist. A tortured experiment. The warframes we use are purpose built for transference. I have a theory that since there are rejects consigned to Lua, there must be successful ones that are not. So I think that the frames we have are actually based on a Tenno wearing a suit. The very first successful Tenno had some quality or skill that the Operators did not. And for transference, the Orokin could of used these Tenno as templates or source material for surrogate bodies to be used by operators. 

We also should consider that frames themselves might have the capacity for self-action. A will of their own. But since they never actually have to exercise their own will, then like a muscle, that part of them atrophies. When they do act on their own (if they ever do so) then the reasons for it might be extremely simple. Like with War, it was a sharp thing hurting the frame. So the frame did the only thing it considered to do and that was to break it. The frame might not of even realized that by breaking the sword like that, it would be making considerably more damage. And thus when it did break, the frame cleaved itself from chest to neck and properly shut down due to the massive damage. 

I also consider the fact that Warframes, at the very least have some kind of CAPACITY for autonomy. The proto-Rhino in the codex acted the way it did because of how it came to exist. A tortured experiment. The warframes we use are purpose built for transference. I have a theory that since there are rejects consigned to Lua, there must be successful ones that are not. So I think that the frames we have are actually based on a Tenno wearing a suit. The very first successful Tenno had some quality or skill that the Operators did not. And for transference, the Orokin could of used these Tenno as templates or source material for surrogate bodies to be used by operators. 

We also should consider that frames themselves might have the capacity for self-action. A will of their own. But since they never actually have to exercise their own will, then like a muscle, that part of them atrophies. When they do act on their own (if they ever do so) then the reasons for it might be extremely simple. Like with War, it was a sharp thing hurting the frame. So the frame did the only thing it considered to do and that was to break it. The frame might not of even realized that by breaking the sword like that, it would be making considerably more damage. And thus when it did break, the frame cleaved itself from chest to neck and properly shut down due to the massive damage. 

The Tenno are the rejects consigned to Lua. No, there aren't any other "successful" ones. Excalibur's codex entry refers to the Tenno as being rejects.

The Tenno are the rejects consigned to Lua. No, there aren't any other "successful" ones. Excalibur's codex entry refers to the Tenno as being rejects.

Speaking of Excalibur's codex, the way its worded makes me wonder if he wasn't made in a different way from other frames? I mean, they must have gotten the idea vaguely described in the Rhino codex from somewhere. "Excalibur was the first" and yet they didn't have the technology down by the time they were working on the Rhino frame? That was before they knew the Zariman children could be used to control the would-be warframes, and yet they were already working on something, had already "turned to the void". Perhaps others had already "returned from that place" before the Zariman children.

Here is a thing none has looked at. Excalibur Primes Codex entry.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

The part to take away from this is, "We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." This statement suggests that Tenno indeed are in the suit, that frames are suits encasing a being within. And yet, with the advent of Second Dream we learn Warframes are remotely controlled.

Now, look at the quest for Mirage. The Lotus shows genuine fear of losing Mirage, and mourns her passing. Once again, with the advent of Second Dream Hunhow implies that the reason the Stalker constantly fails against the Tenno is because he has not killed their "heart", the operator, and that is why the Warframe repeatedly rise again and again short of being utterly dismantled or vaporized. With that we can infer that transference of a Tenno consciousness does not work Matrix style with the operator dying along with the Warframe being destroyed.

Now, here is where my Excalibur prime point comes on. If Tenno do not die when their suits are destroyed, yet Mirage was actually mourned in her passing by Lotus, and Lotus sat there trying to send life support, send reinforcements (albeit lying to comfort Mirage) and bring her shields back up to prevent her destruction, why bother if the real Tenno is safe in a bunker? Why would the Orokin state they encased the Tenno in a suit of war to harness their power? What if Warframe AMD Tenno are both one and the same? By that,I mean what if there are actual Tenno within those suits being controlled by the Operators? Furthering this, what if there are Tenno who do not need Operators (Mirage) because they were able (either through sheer force of will, or the experiments, heck, possibly both) keep themselves from fracturing mentally, breaking under the torture and likely unimaginable pain being infused with void energy likely would cause with the changes to the body it forces.

I see this going somewhat like what happened to the Spartan IIs during Halo. There is a number of these children who managed to not only survive the experiments but strong enough to keep their minds, evolving the most from the void. Then you have those crippled either physically (Operators) or mentally (ones controlled) creating a codependency on one bother. The Orokin do not strike me as the types to throw out possible war assets and would use their resources to use even a broken weapon. This would explain the disjointedness across codex entries and the second dream.

SO here is my question, where do the originals the warframes are based on fit in, per details of mirage and limbo?

Also sargas ruk does talk about peeling away the metal frame to the flesh beneath. There is something iniside, something infested.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

After reading some of the answers more i question what i got from the the Second Dream quest.

First of all what i got was that the Stalker its actually a Tenno, not a warframe, he is indeed still dress with some of the Zariman suit, thats why he look at his hands while the Player Tenno look to, noticing the similarities with the Stalker, i thought that that was the reason why the Stalker hesitate in the first place.

About the Nature of the warframe i think they have their own will or consciousness but its replaced while a Tenno command them. In the Rhino entry  Davis said that no one could believe him, no one could believe that he found a way to control those weapons of mass destruction, so what we read on the entry was rhino with his own will or rage killing everything but when he got to the place were the Tenno was the warframe replace the consiosness with the pilot let say, making him look at his hands thinking that he killed all those people..

Well those are my thoughts and as many people have said we need more intel to get to conclusions, hope we get more in the next cinematic quest in Update 19