Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag, The Corpus Destroying Goddess

crimsonspartan1

mag is one of the most strongest frames when it comes to corpus enemies. shield polarize is the best ability for destroying corpus enemies. with 174% power strength im deal like over 2 million damage to corpus enemies and 1 shotting enemies over lv100. with her shield polarize augement u can have never ending overshields and watch corpus enemies get 1 shotted or lose their shields instantly making them an easy kill.

i just hope for a buff for all her abilitys except shield polarize but no nerfs for any of her abilitys so she is more useful as she is awful for all enemies except for corpus enemies (with corpus enemies mag is the queen)

all bow down to your corpus destroyer mag...

maybe i shouldn't of said that cus a de staff might read this and nerf her best ability :/

Edited by crimsonspartan1

Stop with this thread before greedy pull is nerfed again.

Seriously, not pulling through walls when a carrier can just "sucks".

I used to play my mag against all factions (yes after first nerf, but not after second). Now she only comes out in corpus levels for a P22W frame.

Not a well rounded frame.

Stop with this thread before greedy pull is nerfed again.

Seriously, not pulling through walls when a carrier can just "sucks".

I used to play my mag against all factions (yes after first nerf, but not after second). Now she only comes out in corpus levels for a P22W frame.

Not a well rounded frame.

YOu need to drop Greedy Pull out of your mod folder and try Bullet Attractor. It has Damage Multiplier that is affected with power strength.

That thing is dangerous for a reason.

Yes he suffers from being a corpus oriented, but saying she sucks at everything else means you havent done much experimenting besides OMG GREEDY PULL.

I swear that mod ruined people and im glad that mod got nerfed,

Mag has been one of my top 3 favorite frames forever.   Who cares about augment mods when she's still a beast without them against corpus.   However, saying she sucks against other factions is pointless.   Every frame doesn't need to excel against every faction.   It's ok to have some frames fill a niche.  

Just saying almost every frame is extremely strong in some category and weak somewhere else.   While some of them are still decent against other factions, there's always another frame who is far more powerful against those other factions.   

In my opinion, when you start trying to make every character in a game equal in effectiveness against every faction or thing in a game a game usually takes a turn for the worst.  

So Mag does not need buffs on her other powers just to make her more viable against other factions.  She fills a niche and excels at it like no other frame, that is her balance, that is true balance in a game like this where you have lots of characters (frames) to choose from for specific situations.

The explosion of bullet attractor should deal a percent of the damage dealt to the targeted enemy. Other than that, she's fine as is. Sheild polarise could be changed to a more general attack like priming enemies to take shock procs instead of just being a Corpus gib nuke, but the ability is good the way it is.

Thing about mag, is yes she is good against shields, but really only 1/3 of the major factions use them at all. Against the rest of them she doesn't handle so well. She has a very powerful niche she fits, but I do feel the devs want to make her more viable everywhere.

I think that's what they've said in the past. I did a sortie a few days ago and found myself spamming SP because the other three people just kept dropping like flies. By the end of 20 waves I had 75%?of the damage and almost 50 revives, and I literally just sat around playing with my cat on my desk. It was a bit disappointing. I hope some changes come along soon. Just with the theme and current abilities there are so many chances for really cool synergy.

I love Mag, and I would hate to see Shield Polarize get nerfed, but... maybe trivializing an entire faction to a press of 3 is a bit, how do I say it, over powered. Even being meh at Infested/Grineer does not mean you can turn the other faction into a clicker game.

BUT, don't you dare touch Shield Polarize until the rest of her kit gets a good looking at.