Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where To Farm R5 Cores?

JustNaes

Question

Triton got nerfed to hell, thanks DE, not like you have like so many R10 mods that require ridiculous amount of cores to hit max.

Sorties are once a day and totally random.

Are there still any reliable ways to farm cores after the changes from update 18?

14 answers to this question

There is no way to 'farm' RNG. Unless it is a specific part that drops in a specific void mission.

They changed the rotation and rewards. its 25% for credit cache, power throw, steady hands, and R5 cores before. Now it changed to scale with difficulty. I only get R5 cores when I get past the 2k cryotic mark, by then it enemies are ridiculously difficult to deal with. Below 2k is usually void keys and credit cache.

Well if the warframe wiki is still correct any tier 3 survival or excavation on rotation A will reward you with a 25% chance at getting 5 cores. Any Tier 3 mission is if they have level 20 enemies or higher when you start the mission. (Rotation A on survival is 5 & 10 minutes then again on 25 & 30 etc, while on excavation its extractor 1 & 2 then again on 5 & 6 etc.)

I normally go to Triton on Neptune, I stay until 2,200 cryotic or 22 extractors. That will give you 12 chances at getting fusion cores. If you're good and have a great team that can go past level 50s-60s then you can continue to go higher. But generally any rag-tag team can get in between 1,000 to 2,200. Frost makes this mission easy, if you don't have a frost you won't be able to stay long as the enemies start to one shot your extractors.

I would say excavation missions are faster than survival since you get two chances in two minutes versus the two chances in 10 minutes on a survival. However there are some survival missions that yield other rare materials like Tellurium and Gallium on Uranus that are quite useful if you need them, but your chances at the fusion cores drop.