The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Here? Is The Frost Prime Worth For Me?

Trollston7777

Question

22 answers to this question

Frost Prime is a very versatile, durable, and new-player friendly frame. A bit slow, but has massive armor, shields, and health. Additionally, squads will almost always benefit from having a Frost due to his defensive abilities. 

You will never regret having a Frost. I would highly recommend getting it.

Well noone can tell you really if Frost Prime is a good choice for you. It is the same as with everything else in Warframe it depends alot on what you like and how you play. I personally enjoy Frost and he is alwaays great to have in a Team in any Mission where you have to Defend an Objective.

Is the deal worth it? Yes. The platinum is on discount, you get a fully built frame and 2 weapons with their own slots and catalysts/reactors installed. And you get a sweet syandana.

Should you get it? I don't know. Would you see yourself playing this game for quite a while after purchasing this pack? If so, then go for it. If not and Warframe is something you've just gotten into or you only play it occasionally, probably not.

the only actual difference between frost and frost p, is that frost has 150 base shields and frost p has 175 base shields and one extra vazarin polarity, not enough of a change to justify one over the other, just pick whichever you want, they're essentially the same

U can buy frost for ~200p. +100p for each weapon. +slots and potato (32+20x3) And time for Craft around 3 days.

Frost is very good now and musthave.

If u like sandana and feel myself better if u have exclusive -- buy it. It mostly about it.

Extractor is cool to for a newbee.

P.S All my calculation is only about 75% off discount on plat. In regular price this is best buy for you.

People saying that it's better to buy 4.3k plat with 3 golden mods when the 75% off discount comes... i dont know what to do xD

Thank you for all of the replies! very friendly comminuty

Hum i dont know if the 75% plat is still in the new reward system so i guess you might set apart this idea.

Frost is a realy good frame pefrect for defense.

Welcome home Tenno.

If you farm for him in the void, he's the single most needed frame for almost any team makeup.

If you buy the bundle, opt to never buy anything in-game with plat except for weapon and warframe SLOTS and you will just barely have enough slots for everything currently in the game.  It's about the minimum amount of plat to be able to do this.

This is absolutely a great value for you. Heck i got it too!

-For that price you get 1000 plat to spend.

-A prime frame with a free slot + catalyst = 40p just for the slot + cata. 

-A prime weapon with free slot + cata = 40p again. The weapon isn't that bad, not my cup of tea.

-The cosmetics which imo is one of the best looking ones.

-And another thing, a free prime extractor drone  + the blueprint to make more. For a newer player this is actually a pretty big deal as they wont have tons of resources and these little buggers will help rake them in pretty quick.

Usually get around 1000 plat only for 50$ lol.

This is absolutely a great value for you. Heck i got it too!

-For that price you get 1000 plat to spend.

-A prime frame with a free slot + catalyst = 40p just for the slot + cata. 

-A prime weapon with free slot + cata = 40p again. The weapon isn't that bad, not my cup of tea.

-The cosmetics which imo is one of the best looking ones.

-And another thing, a free prime extractor drone  + the blueprint to make more. For a newer player this is actually a pretty big deal as they wont have tons of resources and these little buggers will help rake them in pretty quick.

Usually get around 1000 plat only for 50$ lol.

can u maybe help me in game n be friends xD

On the one hand, It's good to support the devs - they are giving us good product. 

On the other hand, especially if money is a problem for you, I would advise against it 

You can farm normal frost easily. He is not as swaggy looking but battle efficiency is 99% the same. 

Learn to play, make first steps alone. I buy 5$ of plat whenever I get 75% discount, I've spent nearly 50$ by now anyway, but imo more effective then to buy big lump of plat and spend it on silly things. 

can u maybe help me in game n be friends xD

Anytime, hit me up in game. I've been helping out alot of new players lately. We can do some fun farming runs. I usually play in the evenings EST time, and the first 20-30 min i hop on i'm busy doing the new sorties!

People saying that it's better to buy 4.3k plat with 3 golden mods when the 75% off discount comes... i dont know what to do xD

Thank you for all of the replies! very friendly comminuty

You mean the 75% discount that I have seen only twice in my entire career?  

I started playing in November of 2013, by the way.  So I've clicked beyond the two year mark.  

Some people see that discount every couple months.

Not this guy.