The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Needs A Rework...

Vanicx

Since saryn,rhino and excalibur and others got their rework why not chroma? When i got him i had such fun with him and wow i breathe fire like a dragon oh cool but then higher levels ended up not dying from spectral scream. Like vex armour is awesome why not let it use energy over time instead of having duration? Spectral screams damage needs a huge buff since it makes chroma useless when active so he is an easy target. I think chroma needs a good looking at cause he is an awesome warframe imo.

the skill i never user is breath, unless im using ice to freeze enemies
Vex armour doesn't need to change it is fine

Chroma is fine

but i agree breath should have a buff in some way

While that doesn't happen why not just stop using that breath if you become so useless doing it ?

Edited by g43riel

Chroma DOESN'T need a rework.

Spectral Scream needs a buff. Thats it.

Vex armour, E-ward and Effigy are fine. (And before anyone says anything, effigy IS good. Stick it in a chokepoint, or use it when picking up allies or distracting enemies, and you now have a floating tanky powerhouse that ISN'T effected by range, so you can easily sacrifice that to boost all 3 abilites)

Vex armour, E-ward and Effigy are fine. (And before anyone says anything, effigy IS good. Stick it in a chokepoint, or use it when picking up allies or distracting enemies, and you now have a floating tanky powerhouse that ISN'T effected by range, so you can easily sacrifice that to boost all 3 abilites)

This, especially about Effigy. pop it, leave it some where you'd like things dead, and it'll do the rest for you. Armor nerf? pff, do you even Vex Armor bro?

It'd be nice to be able to recast Vex Armor and that's about it.

also this, I'd like this if for no other reason then not having to build the buff back up.

Alright, this is just sad. Back when Chroma came out, everyone said about how much better he was than Rhino and every other tank except Valkyr and maybe trinity. EVERYONE complained that rhino needed a rework to match chroma and his insane survivability. The community went on fire and asked DE to rework Rhino. Now that Rhino finally got a rework, you want Chroma to get a rework? Are you serious? He's not really that old, and their are SOOOO many other frames that need a rework. Mag and Hydroid especially. Buffs? Always appreciated, but an entire rework? Just watch Tactical Potato and his Chroma. Watch anyone who mains chroma.

Chroma does not need a rework. Period. DEs ,do not touch chroma. Any of us real chroma users know, do not touch him.

People complain about him not being a team frame, no support... How bout this for support, he will wipe out whatever danger there is. O your overrun. Think again, there gone. You can thank chroma for his support.

Edited by (PS4)selfproclaimed

Chroma does not need a rework. Period. DEs ,do not touch chroma. Any of us real chroma users know, do not touch him.

People complain about him not being a team frame, no support... How bout this for support, he will wipe out whatever danger there is. O your overrun. Think again, there gone. You can thank chroma for his support.

Than you dude. Elemental Ward is a pretty nice team buff, but it does need some improvements.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

Chroma main here. I am rather fond of my little dragon even after the second dream reveal. I can tell you that if you call for a rework on chroma, you still aren't using it to hid full potential.

First you need 3-4 forma and exilus slot unlocked if you want to see some serious business. Because he has no problem in tanking lv 80+. And I say TANK not FACE TANK.

As a valkyr you can just pop "hysteria" and face tank while you heal. Chroma's tankyness is on a timer. And he has no mean to heal without restores or Vfocus. Don't just stand there, be a bit tactical, manage shield and health loss to buff yourself to the max and then wipe out entire rooms with the added damage.

Have vex armor and elemental ward on at all times, and it should be fine using Spectral Scream with out dying.

Effigy is a nice cc/aggro countermeasure if you need to distract enemies while you revive or need to do stuff.

The only thing he needs is a recastable vex armor/elemental ward and maybe a status chance increase on the scream. But he is fine right now.

Also, I don't know if you were around for Mesa and Saryn reworks. Do you really want DE to nerf him?

Also, if you fail at things you can always say: "F this I'm a dragon" and walk away XD.

But for the benefits it gives it should definitely have a decrease of energy drain per second.