The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki New Skin Design Looks Better In Drawing Than In 3D

Vlada91

May thoughts exactly. I was super excited for this skin and when it came on I just thought "What?"

His body shape is completely off. In the drawing he looks thin and nimble. The actual model is the biggest meh in history. I shudder to think about the Trinity and Banshee skins. I really hope they make some major changes to the skin, starting with his body and arms which look like they were taken from the robot Chappie.

This is my thoughts. If they did that to Loki's skin, i'm starting to worry about the Trin and Banshee skins I was so excited for.

Maybe the damn drawing makes him look way too skinny and this cannot be taken over to the model just as a pure skin ?

Its not so much about the shape of the body.It is more on his design.He should look more like a metal as a new rhino skin 

and not as plastics without details.looks simple and unfinished...he looks more like a toy  :(
Edited by Vlada91

Its not so much about the shape of the body.It is more on his design.He should look more like a metal as a new rhino skin 

and not as plastics without details.looks simple and unfinished...he looks more like a toy  :(

It's unfinished, i'm pretty sure those would be the final touches.

Not a fan of the in-game design. Looks way too bulky compared to the sketch, not to mention that his left arm in the sketch seems to have a sleeve, where the in-game model makes it look more like a bracer/body armor. The helmet is also seem very off and lumpy compared to the sketch, especially how it transitions from (what I assume is supposed to be) cloth to his metal body. Almost just looks like he has a ton of chins instead of an actual neck.

The cod piece is also very speedo-eqsue and disturbing.

The concept art is fantastic. I love the contrast between the cloth and metallic armor. It makes it look like a very slender Warframe was actually dressed in clothing. The in-game design looks like one solid, bulky piece of metal.

It looks a lot more similar to Oberon's or Limbo's model than it does to Loki's, though. Loki's current model is very bulky, mostly because of the hammer pants and shoulder/arm pieces.

I feel like they lost a lot of the darker lines and detailing, like that orange bit on his stomach. On the concept it's segmented with orange on the very top, while in the skin it's one big orange blob.

http://imgur.com/9HMxpJW

Not sure how to post images but that's a clear picture of the loki skin concept art.

9HMxpJW.png

Edited by PublikDomain

Lmfao

Also the skin is probably unfinished. It may look a bit better when released. (hopefully)

not to any meaningful degree i doubt, it might not be fully polished but the general design has been established and it doesn't seem to work. namely the torso doesn't look quite right, it is too stocky and makes the entire thing look very out of place.

I think it looks awesome, personally.... but only on Loki Vanilla.

I really, REALLY hope their is a way to make Loki Prime fit the look of this new skin (much like how you can change the mesh of Paris Prime to the ever superior aesthetic of Paris vanilla by putting the day of the dead skin on it, or how you can totally change Kestrel to make it look like a Glaive by equipping the proto-Glaive skin on it).

I have never been a big fan of Loki Prime with his non-symetrical mega thighs and elbow "blades''. 

I would definitely by this skin if I could throw it only my Loki Prime and make him look like a Vanilla Loki. 

I at least hope DE gives us the option!

I think it looks awesome, personally.... but only on Loki Vanilla.

I really, REALLY hope their is a way to make Loki Prime fit the look of this new skin (much like how you can change the mesh of Paris Prime to the ever superior aesthetic of Paris vanilla by putting the day of the dead skin on it, or how you can totally change Kestrel to make it look like a Glaive by equipping the proto-Glaive skin on it).

I have never been a big fan of Loki Prime with his non-symetrical mega thighs and elbow "blades''. 

I would definitely by this skin if I could throw it only my Loki Prime and make him look like a Vanilla Loki. 

I at least hope DE gives us the option!

that's the only option there is? what deluxe have you seen that doesn't disregard prime extras?

In the public DE only praise wth good comments,and ignore the bad 1.

it is simply sad that they know how to S#&$ting some things and then ignore it like it's no big deal.

I'm not a fan of Loki,but I was hoping that the new skin will change that.And now I am even more disappointed.

DE had a good potential that this looks awesome,and now they blew it....Its simply sad.

Now loki looks more like a court jester and not as a cool silent killer.

Edited by Vlada91