Anyone Loving The New Nexus App?

321agemo

Because i sure am.

MrotrAC.jpg

Additional screenshot in spoiler

EFwNdQW.jpg

kKSWciu.jpg

wjHgVip.jpg

The fact that i can now claim stuff from foundry and collect extractors finally makes me happy.

Theres still a few functions still missing like that puzzle to earn resource or chat function as said in that one devstream, i think this is a really good start.

The options are awesome, but not everything works fine.

It actually runs terribly for both my iPhone and iPad, laggy and heavy feeling in every menu.

Also i think i lost a couple of login rewards because of it, nothing to worry about, but still enough for preventing me from using it again before it gets an update with fixes

The features of the app are great, the execution of the app itself not so much.

First thing you notice is that it's not running smooth enough (performance). My guess is that the app wasn't coded native, so that it could be easily distributed across different platforms.

There is also lack of feedback (or miss-timed feedback). For instance, when you claim an extractor, you get a message that the item is claimed while it's still not finished processing it. The list then gets refreshed completely, instead of just removing that one item from the list.

The message that pops up after an action, doesn't have an ok button to close it. It also, unnecessarily, covers the entire screen with a black overlay. Personally, I'd have just shown a message notification popping down at the top of the screen and fading it out after a few sec (depending on how long the message is).

The general flow of the main navigation isn't user-friendly enough, in my opinion. You can swipe left and right, but it's missing an indication at the bottom, for instance. Like a set of icons that you'd also be able to click to jump to the desired page right away (without the need to open the menu or swipe a few times).

The features of the app are great, the execution of the app itself not so much.

First thing you notice is that it's not running smooth enough (performance). My guess is that the app wasn't coded native, so that it could be easily distributed across different platforms.

There is also lack of feedback (or miss-timed feedback). For instance, when you claim an extractor, you get a message that the item is claimed while it's still not finished processing it. The list then gets refreshed completely, instead of just removing that one item from the list.

The message that pops up after an action, doesn't have an ok button to close it. It also, unnecessarily, covers the entire screen with a black overlay. Personally, I'd have just shown a message notification popping down at the top of the screen and fading it out after a few sec (depending on how long the message is).

The general flow of the main navigation isn't user-friendly enough, in my opinion. You can swipe left and right, but it's missing an indication at the bottom, for instance. Like a set of icons that you'd also be able to click to jump to the desired page right away (without the need to open the menu or swipe a few times).

^^^ this, exactly what i was trying to explain in a very bad english.

A lot of performance issues plus a terrible and unfriendly interface design.

But it has so much potential, please DE give it the dignity it deserves

well, it's early days yet. the thing has only just been released, so it'll likely get reworked again at some point. personally I think I'll wait until after it's improved, I have very little patience for slow Apps.

Nexus has existed for a while now.

It wont even let me doinload it, saying I don't have enough space while I do. Last time I used it it downloaded the pictures of the entire codex into my phone, does it still do that?

i don't think so considering the images aren't instant loaded in. though you might be able to store it as cache files.

I'm pretty sure i'm not getting my resources from extractors from the app too. So i would only deploy, not collect via the app. I'll test more tonight but i'm almost positive seems one of my drones got a 12 pack of neural sensors, i got home and went to build an item that needed them, and i had 0, which is a blow to the nuts big time.

The utility in the game is great, for an existing player.

The interface is horrible, clunky, poorly designed and so very far from the platform's design guidelines (all of them) obviously, as a result the performance is shockingly bad.

IMHO this does not reflect well on the game, if I saw this before I was involved in the game I wouldn't touch Warframe with a bargepole.

The utility in the game is great, for an existing player.

The interface is horrible, clunky, poorly designed and so very far from the platform's design guidelines (all of them) obviously, as a result the performance is shockingly bad.

IMHO this does not reflect well on the game, if I saw this before I was involved in the game I wouldn't touch Warframe with a bargepole.

idk if youve seen the new app, the last design was not good, but the new its a lot better, i like it, and idk it makes the game look better imo