The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Is Super Fast Sure But...

Deshiel

you know something funny about language? it changes.

For example, where I leave there are two words for an homossexual person. gay, or "paneleiro".

technically, "paneleiro" means "cooking pot maker". yet, somehow, it got to be the equivalent to fa*got. 

And its offensive, and it shouldnt be used.

So I'm sorry, but its not the origin of the word that defines it as offensive or not. And it surely isnt you. It's the language, the culture that decides. and trap is offensive. So stop using it.

I'm sure that every language has its own alternate names, words for universal thing.

For example

In our country, homosexuals are often called "Teplouš" which could be translated as "heat man"

Actually there's no other word that properly encompasses a 'trap'. 

As I said, in anime (the origin of the context of the word) most traps are heterosexual males who are feminine in their appearance or behaviour to the point of confusing others of their gender. 

They're not transgender, so it wouldn't be correct to call them that. Calling them 'feminine' might work, but it doesn't quite have the same weight.

Seriously stop. No one cares about what happens in anime. THis is the real world and here it's a slur. You don't get to decide what is or isn't offensive to a marginalized group you are not a part of.

Way too much Tumblr.

Activism anbd civil rights didn't exist until Tumblr. It's science.

- snip -

Anything can be offensive to anybody depending on how a person chooses to define or otherwise interpret a given thing.

That said, Nezha is in fact a trap, but in the more traditional definition of the word. On the surface he looks fun and useful, but in reality he's just...not. I almost spent plat on him. Really glad I didn't.

oh then that makes it okay. Feel free to use all slurs as long as you only use them on fictional characters. N word, F word, T word, it's all good. It doesn't count that way. No one gets hurt amirite?

No, everyone is jumping people's throats instead of asking them to use a different word (except DE_Danielle), and act like an entire group of real people are being attacked. And instead of a civilized conversation, a derail happens.

Because no one answered whether the coptering with Nezha is real or not. You know, the thing the thread was started with.

That represents real life people.

Also, anime. Traditionally the most lgbt and women friendly type of tv show.

Okay then.

Edited by IEpicWolfI

You are welcome to identify Nezha however you please. However, officially, Nezha is a male Warframe. That said, I've been seeing a lot of derogatory comments since his release, the most popular being "trap". Several of these insulting remarks have already been removed from this thread. Out of respect for the community as a whole, I implore you refrain from posting any gender-shaming comments. 

Thank you and Carry on Tenno   (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I appreciate your work, but my post wasn´t gender-shaming and yet you removed it.

I appreciate your work, but my post wasn´t gender-shaming and yet you removed it.

No hard feelings! If you were quoting someone who was it was removed to keep everything on track.

The point of my post was not to derail the thread further, it is unfortunate that this was the result. Locking.