Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Return Exterminate Mission To Pre 18.1 State

AlienOvermind

Seriously, DE, with despawning enemies Exterminations were really nice. And now It's extremely annoying to backtrack all the level to get a couple of somehow missed enemies. It's obvious you've cut this feature to counter stealth Focus farm tactics. But you've ruined one game mode in process. If you need some quick band-aid — you may simply remove bonus affinity from stealth kills until you figure out some more reasonable solution. But just fix Exterminations please.

Edited by AlienOvermind

If you don't farm focus on exterminations, why do you even need them?

well... they are common in sorties.

but even if they weren't, enemies seemingly spawning in rooms you previously cleared is pretty hard to do these missions on a time limit.....

On one T4 ext run, it took me over half an hour for 160 enemies...

If you don't farm focus on exterminations, why do you even need them?

Sorties, vault runs, void runs, clearing the starchart nodes.

Exterminates right now are a pain in the arse. Even if you make sure you leave no enemy behind - they WILL spawn behind you. Far behind you. In one of the sorties I was at the exit with 40/190, killing every enemy along the way. After that I spent 30 minutes backtracking through the entire map, with the game spawning single enemies across the goddamn tileset every time.

The "rebalance" of Exterminate spawns royally fucks over everyone that needs to or wants to run Exterminates - while you can still farm focus XP with stealth or as nuker frame in other missions no problem.

edit: speeling

Edited by TimFlint

Had some exterminates since the update where one clown spawned in thwe starting room when I reached the extraction zone.

Sometimnes on the big rail tiles on ceres spawn inside walls under the rail.

And spawns in secred rooms and even in unreachable tiles do happen too.

Edited by bubbabenali

Seriously, DE, with despawning enemies Exterminations were really nice. And now It's extremely annoying to backtrack all the level to get a couple of somehow missed enemies. It's obvious you've cut this feature to counter stealth Focus farm tactics. But you've ruined one game mode in process. If you need some quick band-aid — you may simply remove bonus affinity from stealth kills until you figure out some more reasonable solution. But just fix Exterminations please.

yeah, they can take twice the time now and it's quite annoying to have to go back to the start just for one mob.

Instead of totally remove the spawn at the end, they could have allow it to only a few ennemies at a time, the ones we might miss doing the run (like 5-10 max).

I have to say that the current system only needs a tweak so that minions can only spawn in rooms out of LOS and adjacent to you, and code it in such a way that it can't happen in the first three rooms.

Yes, it's extremeely frustrating (particularly as it was on the Sortie mission) when your spawn jst happens in the starting room.  But it's also frustrating having to run five rooms to force a spawn.

By the way, that isn't an exxageration.  That's what I had to doi to end other Exterminate missions.

Guys, some of us have lives and jobs beyond Warframe. I have no desire to come from work launch the game for couple of hours just to have exterminate mission take half an hour to complete because a single (last) baddy decided to spawn at the beginning of the map. Couple of updates ago I had to back track couple of areas. Now it is usually all the way to the beginning section of the map. Either way you look at it it is pure waste of time and not fun to run endlessly to kill a single enemy.