Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Feedback From A Newcomer To Pvp In Warframe

Adaptor-Face

for most of the experience players i play with melee is completely useless even with staggers, they are in the air a lot and very hard to keep up with, and sometimes if you do manage to get close they can kill you before you get the stance out :/

If the aerial melee system were more robust to keep up with very aerial-mobile targets, and attack animations were able to be canceled using alt fire or something, do you think melee would stand a better chance?

If the aerial melee system were more robust to keep up with very aerial-mobile targets, and attack animations were able to be canceled using alt fire or something, do you think melee would stand a better chance?

I think an arial system would be amazing, but deciding weather it will be able to keep up is dependent on how it works so cant really say until we get one

I think an arial system would be amazing, but deciding weather it will be able to keep up is dependent on how it works so cant really say until we get one

True...was thinking it would be cool to be able to knock someone out of the air and straight to the ground, heh. Might be too much to ask of Warframe right now, though.

Well...

Melee sucks, except ground slam as a starter, but you will not be able to slam a decent player.

That said, i can only give you one advice: Press SPACE, press it a lot, only Ash prime and frames that are just in the process of a dodgeroll touch the ground.

Also i have never be stunlocked once, you can always roll away.

If The icon above your enemies is a moon. You are team sun. If it is a sun...

Also, your energycolor is either blue or yellow, depending on your team.

The only point i agree with is: no menu while dead, that sucks.

I play warframe pvp alot (I unlocked everything except the new skins and 3 mods from the drop tables) and i really like how it evolved so far, problem for most players is just that it requires things like movement and exceptional aim which are never needed in pve.

EDIT: About Air-melee, ask @Kanell how many times he sliced me apart midair with his Anku.

Edited by Marrt

EDIT: About Air-melee, ask @Kanell how many times he sliced me apart midair with his Anku.

I stole many things from NNKanell. That is one of them. Truly an excellent player.

99% of players in pvp, even skilled ones, do not use air melee. They're missing a tool in their toolbox.

Edited by Pythadragon

@ Nighttide77 - Come to Xbox man. Fast melee using specific melee weapons and stances like Final Harbinger are crazy hard to play against. Guys on Xbox can consistently get heavy kills and close the distance like it's nothing. There's guys easily with over 12K kills and very insignificant deaths by doing this. Melee-ing if done correctly is pretty deadly. In fact if you're using the right combos from specific weapons such as the A&B you don't even need to worry about staggering anyone.

but is air melee viable for most weapons?

With the exception of heavy weapons:

When bullet jump is chained with air melee, all melee weapons are viable at providing extra mobility + finishers vs weakened opponents.

The definition of viable may change depending on the frame's mobility (bullet jump speed) and how comfortable you are with the weapon's air melee range/velocity boost. It requires good timing and distance to pull off for damage and kills.

But it's easy to integrate it into your mobility, especially for frames that lack in vertical bullet jump potential.

Heavy weapon air melee is not viable because the underarm swing animation is ridiculously slow whereas all other air melee animations are fast.

Edited by Pythadragon

first: i like that everyone but two people completely ignored everything in my feedback, except for two sentances, does this mean you agree completely?

second: i never said remove stuns and DONT GIVE MELEE ANYTHING ELSE, all i want is stuns gone. tenno fight with honor, there is no honor killing an enemy who cant defend themselves. inplace of stuns, mobility slow that stacks on each hit? idk really, but stuns are a poor mechanic, beacuse we have no mechanic to counter it.

third: i have been knocked out of rolls, bullet jumps, this is mostly beacuse of lag bringing the P2P problem into play

Warframe PvP is Close Quarter Combat for the most part (the exception is CTC where the Cephalons are), which makes getting INTO melee range really easy. melee also hit in an arc thus being able to hit MULTIPLE ENEMIES AT ONCE, something ranged weapons cant.

your reward is that your target can try to fight (requring them to aim at someone right in their face and that are moving around quickly) or run. THATS the reward melee have. short story: they need to have skill in order to fight someone mashing E at different intervals, and you want to disable their skill with stuns.

and last time i checked melee combos ARE SUPER EASY TO DO, unless you want to tell me in pvp they require you to mash 15 buttons at once to swing once. also stuns are BEFORE combo branches (unless im missing something) or ON EVERY GODDAMN HIT. a stun on the last part of a branch so that you get rewarded for completeing said branch is ok, but THIS IS NOT how it works at its current itteration.

im trying to tell you melee has enough advantages that they dont need to be able to leave the target defenseless.

EDIT: last time i check melee damage is handled client side, while ranged weapons are server side, moving lag to the recepiant ONLY

You need to try multiple sword alone weapons to truly comment on that playstyle. Melee is hard. Heavy melee very hard.

Also, if you have a melee in your face, jump. Get on a wall. There are so many ways to get,away from melee. Seeing as you have little WF PvP experience, you will pick up on the strats that will save you from melee.

IMO, with the current state of Warframe PvP, if you are being killed by sword alone user then either: 1. That user is amazing at that playstyle. -Or- 2. You need more practice.

first: i like that everyone but two people completely ignored everything in my feedback, except for two sentances, does this mean you agree completely?

second: i never said remove stuns and DONT GIVE MELEE ANYTHING ELSE, all i want is stuns gone. tenno fight with honor, there is no honor killing an enemy who cant defend themselves. inplace of stuns, mobility slow that stacks on each hit? idk really, but stuns are a poor mechanic, beacuse we have no mechanic to counter it.

third: i have been knocked out of rolls, bullet jumps, this is mostly beacuse of lag bringing the P2P problem into play

I actually wish stuns and generic CC were a thing with higher TTK. BUT, cc that you could break out of by bashing 'X'.

i just want air strike to have some form of oportunity window generation, like forcing a hard landing if the target doesnt chain to wall jump with his next feet contact, or mobility reduction for 3 seconds, it doesnt need to be a direct disable but a chance to exploit if one is capable of

Edited by rockscl

@ Nighttide77 - Come to Xbox man. Fast melee using specific melee weapons and stances like Final Harbinger are crazy hard to play against. Guys on Xbox can consistently get heavy kills and close the distance like it's nothing. There's guys easily with over 12K kills and very insignificant deaths by doing this. Melee-ing if done correctly is pretty deadly. In fact if you're using the right combos from specific weapons such as the A&B you don't even need to worry about staggering anyone.

I bet Final Harbinger is hard to play against...  I bet most melee is difficult to counter on Consoles due to the nature of gun aiming with the controller.

Give me a mouse and keyboard for the Xbox and we'll talk, lol.

I bet Final Harbinger is hard to play against...  I bet most melee is difficult to counter on Consoles due to the nature of gun aiming with the controller.

Give me a mouse and keyboard for the Xbox and we'll talk, lol.

Well, there are adapters for that, but they add a bit of input lag. That, plus consoles are restricted to run warframe at 60fps and I wouldn't. 60 is a minimum, and fine for nearly anything, but competitive pvp is an exception. I've set my fps to 60 before and it kills my performance, just doesn't feel the same. Usually I run 120.

Edited by PhaseShifted

So everyone will use macro?

I wouldn't use macros for that. I could macro melee combos for easy access, but I don't.

My point is: if there is going to be hard CC (like vanilla Equinox) then have a mechanism to break out of CC. If you're concerned about macro abuse then randomize the input.

I like CC (even tho I never play classes with hard CC. Snares yes.) , as long as there is a counter.