Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Catalyst Alert: Weird Enemy Spawn

Drufo

Hi! Minutes ago there was an alert with a catalyst as a reward on Uranus (so it was submersible). I did it with another player and we did fine until we killed 82 enemies on 157 (it was an exterminate). Then we had to "fly" with the archwing for kilometers of empty water until we reached the extraction. So we returned on land, but there were no enemies. At a certain point, on the map a room becomes red, we go there and 20-30 enemies have spawned there. We kill them and then we go back searching for others. After moving of a couple rooms, the same one of before turns red, we go there and other 20 spawned there. And so on, kill, move of 2 room, go back, kill... til we killed the 157th. Then we had to fly/swim slooowly for kilometer of empty water again.

The spawn mechanic in exterminate mission definetly to be fixed

Had the same thing happen to my squad.  Got to the extraction point after a few miles of undersea tiles with about 100/170 on the enemy counter.  In our case the host left, and after the host migration the mission instantly completed itself.

This is a regular problem with the submersible missions on alert.. I wish they would remove them from the map alert rotation until they fix this problem.

I just wasted a good hour trying to do an extermination alert that should have taken around 20 minutes at best.

I had to abort the mission three times before I got a clan mate to join me (i was solo before that) and we finally got enough enemies to spawn and finish the alert. If you are unlucky enough that despite repeated aborting the stupid alert expires, you miss out on the reward because of a pretty big fault with the map.

I did wait and managed to get some enemies to spawn on my second run.. but after about 20, they just stopped. I ran back to the start, and walked back through the map and nothing so.. abort again -.-

Pretty deng frustrated at this point.

The exact same thing happened to me. The Exterminate turned into a hide and seek. 93/167 enemies at the extraction. We had to fly back all of the 45645045609 kilometers to the non-sharkwing part. Then we ran back and forth for another 5 minutes til all of the remaining enemies spawned, sometimes right in front of our eyes.

This was the longest exterminate i have ever done, even surpassing my first t1 exterminate with an unranked seer back in my noobtimes.

Same thing happened in potato alert, I foolishly swam several minutes all the way to extraction, knowing full well I'd have to turn right the F around when I got there.  Something tells me there are supposed to be enemies in the water too, but something is stopping that from happening.  There is simply too much empty underwaterness.  The worse part is you cannot use hyperthrusters in sharkwing, so it takes forever to navigate through to just reach extraction 20 light years away.

Soooo... I missed a catalyst alert...

yes, yesterday, I missed a reactor the day before, so you aren't alone.  Can't be online 24/7, sadly.  And there are simply no truly good alert methods to keep one informed of certain alerts.  I've tried a few and none have the filtering or simply work in a way that I prefer.

yes, yesterday, I missed a reactor the day before, so you aren't alone.  Can't be online 24/7, sadly.  And there are simply no truly good alert methods to keep one informed of certain alerts.  I've tried a few and none have the filtering or simply work in a way that I prefer.

Off topic, but I'm liking the Wardroid Android app.  It has a number of built in filters, and also supports custom keyword filters.  On my phone it plays a sound and blinks the alert light just like a text message.