The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Dropping After Some Time In Any Kind Of Missions

LionelAtwill

Hello everyone this is my problem. Before the update 18 i was playing good with everyone, but after i keep see that after 15-20 min on survival (any of kind survival) or 2 waves on draco, or some defense mission  I starting to laggy and my fps drops from 30-40 (is my normal) to 5-10. I don't see how to fix this problem to me, i'm playing on all min there is nothing to switch off.

• 3 weeks later...

so this will fix the issue with crazy FPS drops when you reach +40 minutes into a survival?! 

Praise sweet Jesus my prayers have been heard!

Yep, this should fix that. Survival was one of the modes we tested this fix with the most, along with Excavation. 

If you still experience poor performance then please let us know.

Yep, this should fix that. Survival was one of the modes we tested this fix with the most, along with Excavation. 

Friend and I just crashed after having FPS issues at around the 35 minute mark of a Tower 3 Survival, eating his key and losing all our rewards.  This is definitely not fixed.

This issue is definitely not fixed.

Hi everyone,

We believe we have a fix for this issue with the release of today's 18.2.3 hotfix.

• Fixed a memory leak for Clients that would cause the game to become progressively slower the longer you remained in a Mission.

More information on this hotfix can be found here: https://forums.warfr...55-hotfix-1823/

Its better, way better now but still not what it used to be before these issues first appeared.

Hey guys, I ran a 14 hour stress test and at the end both client & server were running at 60 FPS (2 embers, infested).

https://twitter.com/DE_KickBot/status/685457652579696640

I ran an input-recording that blasted the snot out of a steady stream of Infested with two copies of the game streaming on a single PC that streamed it all to Twitch. Fourteen hours and it was still cool as a cucumber the next day -- and I wasn't just checking the frame-rate counter: I was digging through detailed telemetry to check for things creeping upward.

This morning I did some more stress-tests: a 45 minute run (infested, 2 Saryns) and a 40-wave T1D (3? Ivara and 1 Frost), and a 3143 crytotic excavation run with 2 Saryns, Ember, and Equinox). In all these tests everyone's performance was fine at the end.

If there's still problems I'm definitely having a hard time finding it.

1) If you encounter it please report your team's loadout and enemy type (ideally the mission too). Find out if you were the host (are you #1 in the squad?) and ask if your team if they're having problems too. It might be just clients, or it might be just the host.

2) If you can reproduce it solo this is ideal. If you can reproduce it with a team all using the same equipment this is also helpful.

3) If you *crash* I want a WAR-number.

pBAJbHt.gif

4) If you're seeing this on PS4 or XboxOne you'll just have to wait longer -- the fixes were just made this week and need to go through certification. 

Team's loadout doesn't matter, it occurres when I am a client (and I am never the host because bad things happen when I'm hosting), with either Valkyr, Loki and Ember (the Ignis is the persistent part of my loadout tho but I barely use it), and my only teammate is running Nezha.

After this New Year it's a regular issue with FPS drops: I get kicked out of mission sessions during the loading time, and if I load, it takes at least twice the time it takes for the host of the mission, whose computer is in the same local network as mine (i.e. our computers are plugged into same router with disabled uPnP and forwarded ports).

EDIT: It happens in Void, it happens in regular missions. And when I am solo, I seem not to lag too much.

EDIT2: All settings are on low of course.

Edited by TheMugbearer

I did 7000 cryo Hieracon run and after initial decrease that happens after a while it seems to stay there. It's still big improvement since before latest fix it would keep going down straight to single digits. Now its mostly 40-50, but starts above 60 and remains there for a while.

Also this thing never happened solo, always 60+ solo.

Edited by ViS4GE

If alt-tab cures things then I wonder: 

1) What version of DirectX are you using? (Check launcher settings)

2) Are you running Full-Screen, Windowed, or Borderless?

3) Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?

hm... I just went from 23 to 38 FPS after Alt+Tabbing using Full-Screen...

DirectX 10

GeForce Game Ready 361.43  | updated!

GeForce 610M

though I don't like using FS-Mode, beause I always have other Programs running in the background, and Alt+Tab takes long to get me back into Warframe after switching applications (this time it was about 20secs

Edited by -.A.-Prime

Directx 11

Full screen

Yes.

Mentioning the Alt-Tabbing thing, somehow Warframe Launcher is messed up and I doesn't let me access to Steam (through Alt-Tab), maybe the two things are linked?

DX11, Borderless. The graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7600M, driver version is 15.201.1151.1008

Edited by TheMugbearer

DX11, Borderless. The graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7600M, driver version is 15.201.1151.1008

I noticed that you've played a lot in 32-bit mode -- which are you playing now?

GeForce Game Ready 361.43  | updated!

Same for you -- a mix of 32/64 -- what are you playing now?

WAR-728797

1. Logged in

2. Did the sorties, repeating Sortie 3 - experienced a host migration

3. Went afk over two hours while logged in

4. Returned from afk

5. Opened syndicate missions list in Navigation

6. Crash

Background - have been experiencing occasional stutters (game freezes/unresponsive) since at least two recent minor point version updates. No issues prior to that. No other programs opened besides Warframe.

DX12, Windowed, Card is Intel HD 4600. Latest driver version 20.19.15.4300. Windows 10 Pro x64

Edited by PigeonKing