Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Farming Trick Or Just An Rng Blessing?

AnnoyingBanana

Question

So yesterday clanmate invited to do Ivara farming, before that I had done alot solo runs for chassis and didn't got it (formed 3 weapons on 20lvl spy). But yesterday I've noticed something weird, I don't know if its a trick or just RNG bless, but ill share this information with you.

So we went Lex on Ceres, on first run we stealthly took A and C (in order) and B, after A and C was taken, got caught and started timer (he got it) and on mission end voila ivara helmet. This was very first run.

We continued to do Lex Ceres for BP after 3 unsuccesive runs (full stealth but no success for ivara) we extracted B and C in order and got caught on A, after B and C was taken, extracted A and guess what? Ivara main Blueprint.

I though maybe lets try this trick for chassis but will start timer on C this time. Then we went on Saturn (dont remember name, but 15+lvl) extracted A and B in order and i started C timer, extracted all 3 and guess what? Ivara chassis.

I don't know what about systems, because I had them for a while, got it from random syndicate spy.

P.S. I don't really know if this was only a RNG bless or it's a trick how to farm it, but this totally worked for us, before that I spent more than 15 hours without success.

Img of Ivara parts crafted (proof that i actually got those parts)

ugFY9ji.jpg

clgc9d4.jpg

Edited by AnnoyingBanana

22 answers to this question

There's no way this is more than RNG. Would DE really implement a system that would punish players who complete the missions in perfect stealth, when we are supposed to be as stealthy as possible to retrieve the data? No. If it turns out to be true I quit Warframe. For good.

There's no way this is more than RNG. Would DE really implement a system that would punish players who complete the missions in perfect stealth, when we are supposed to be as stealthy as possible to retrieve the data? No. If it turns out to be true I quit Warframe. For good.

There's no such thing, it's just RNG.

So yesterday clanmate invited to do Ivara farming, before that I had done alot solo runs for chassis and didn't got it (formed 3 weapons on 20lvl spy). But yesterday I've noticed something weird, I don't know if its a trick or just RNG bless, but ill share this information with you.

So we went Lex on Ceres, on first run we stealthly took A and C (in order) and B, after A and C was taken, got caught and started timer (he got it) and on mission end voila ivara helmet. This was very first run.

We continued to do Lex Ceres for BP after 3 unsuccesive runs (full stealth but no success for ivara) we extracted B and C in order and got caught on A, after B and C was taken, extracted A and guess what? Ivara main Blueprint.

I though maybe lets try this trick for chassis but will start timer on C this time. Then we went on Saturn (dont remember name, but 15+lvl) extracted A and B in order and i started C timer, extracted all 3 and guess what? Ivara chassis.

I don't know what about systems, because I had them for a while, got it from random syndicate spy.

P.S. I don't really know if this was only a RNG bless or it's a trick how to farm it, but this totally worked for us, before that I spent more than 15 hours without success.

Img of Ivara parts crafted (proof that i actually got those parts)

ugFY9ji.jpg

clgc9d4.jpg

I tried your explanation and got zilch, I have been farming those parts for 4 days now and have none of them.

Mate I had the same occurrence and was told its only RNG as well, I tripped one alarm per mission and got Ivara in 8 runs. Now after 20 runs I have 2 of each part. My theory was that by making it a non-perfect run, you lower the probability percentage of certain items in the reward pool dropping eg rare mods like Scorch. This would therefore increase the odds of Ivara dropping since the drop rate percentage doesn't seem to change for her parts. Further backing this theory the trick doesn't seem to be as effective on getting the Systems which doesn't have as many rare rewards given that it's obtained from low tier. For the doubters this does not mean that the rare mods cannot still drop, it merely means the likelihood is decreased. This is entirely possible within the mechanics of the game and has worked for several others who've tried it after my suggestion.

So yes OP, I think it works as well mate, you're not alone. I just wish I could sell her parts cos I can get them all with ease lol.

I tried your explanation and got zilch, I have been farming those parts for 4 days now and have none of them.

Just try this my friend, trip one alarm per mission, though remember it's not as effective for getting the Systems. I did Oceanum, Pluto for BP and Helmet, Shklovsky, Phobos for Chassis and Vesper, Venus for Systems. Good luck, on average it took me about 5 runs doing this.

Edited by Zilchy

It seems awfully RNGy, though I have seen a fair few people giving the same basic explanation. On the off chance its more than rng, that'd have to mean that the drop chance for something old differs depending on stealth vs loud. Maybe the elemental mods?

I'm still not convinced that its anything but RNG, but at least it'll be a fun diversion to the Ivara grind to test it out, eh?

Given how much trouble people have been having farming Ivara, wouldn't you agree that the odds of getting 2 sets in 20 runs are pretty astronomical?

I've had and seen better odds than that but yes, 2 sets in 20 runs is really lucky.

Given how much trouble people have been having farming Ivara, wouldn't you agree that the odds of getting 2 sets in 20 runs are pretty astronomical?

When there's thousands upon thousands of players going after the same thing, eventually something is going to happen to a group of players that they'll put it down as 'luck' or 'a hidden boost to PRNG'.  Some people will buy lottery tickets every week and win nothing, some will buy a lottery ticket every once in a while and win multiple times.  Did the winner do anything special?  Nope, just got lucky.

note: For helmet/blueprint I recommend Cyath on Eris since alerting the infested doesn't cause the alarms to go off.  You have the option of practicing a normal run whilst not having to go into a mad rush if you accidentally fall off a ledge, or whatever, and into an enemy.

I understand what you're saying but I do find it odd that I can confidently do another 10 runs and expect another set of Ivara while everyone else is having to do countless runs, RNG or not. Which is why I theorised what the reason could be and it seems within the mechanics of the game. It's a shame I can't datamine this in order to know for sure.

Edited by Zilchy

100% RNG. There has heen quite the discussion about whether or not the order of hacking, or tripping alarms or not affects the rewards for quite some time now. When I mean quite some time, like a really long time before Ivara was even being conceptually developed.

DE set the record strait by saying the only thing that matters for Spy rewards is whether or not you hack the console. No hack = no loot. Hack = loot. Hack order does not matter, nor does getting caught. The only thing that changes when you get caught is your console hack affinity reward bonus.

So I would assume Ivara would fall under this as well, as Spy is basically just 100% RNG.

Here's a food for thought. Why would triggering the alarm increase the chances of obtaining her parts? If anything, triggering no alarms(a perfect run) should yield the optimal reward.

My theory(and it is just a theory) is that the rare mods like Covert Lethality, Scorch etc that can be a reward in these spy missions has a lower percentage droprate when an alarm is tripped, whereas the Ivara parts droprate remains the same. This is backed up by the fact I had more trouble using this trick when going for the Systems which drops from the low tier Spy missions which do not have these rare mods as possible rewards, therefore it doesn't increase the odds in your favour for Systems. Essentially I think it lessens the loot pool dilution by decreasing the odds of a rare mod reward, which by contrast will increase the odds of Ivara dropping. I can't prove it of course but I can confidently do a few runs and earn a set of Ivara quite easily. I just wish I could sell them.

Edited by Zilchy