The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unairu Focus, Broken?

Zhoyzu

Question

Im completely convinced this focus is 100% broken.

To start it off it has less perk than the other focus trees (unless somehow the entire tree isnt visible in 1920 x 1080)

secondly. Ive invested 75k focus into obtaining two new perks. The first perk i unlocked was where ti does 200 dmg a second for 20 seconds.

I have never seen this dot applied anyway in any form. (ive left enemies next to dead to see if they die).

The second perk i unlocked was where theres a fiery inferno explosion for 1000 dmg a second for like 5 seconds or something. Scorching earth its called.

I have never seen a fiery explosion followed by a DoT either.

Is it just me or is this focus tree broken as hell. It takes the entire duration of the skill basilisk flare to turn an enemy to stone.

I feel like i should switch but id like to see if maybe its an id10t error first.

15 answers to this question

Two things:

You have to click the Focus upgrade to enable it in the tree (red = enabled, black = disabled).

All Focus passives are active only after you have used your Focus ability once in a mission.

in other words the perk is available upon unlocking it... you have to funnel more points into it before it can be used? 

in other words the perk is available upon unlocking it... you have to funnel more points into it before it can be used? 

No.

When you unlock it, the icon is black.

You need to click the icon to turn it red, to enable it.

If the icon is red, it will apply in missions.

If the icon is black, the upgrade is not active.

If you get a mod drop, you don't have the effects of the mod at all times; You have to install the mod to receive the effects, and likewise, you have to enable the Focus upgrade after purchasing it.

No.

When you unlock it, the icon is black.

You need to click the icon to turn it red, to enable it.

If the icon is red, it will apply in missions.

If the icon is black, the upgrade is not active.

If you get a mod drop, you don't have the effects of the mod at all times; You have to install the mod to receive the effects, and likewise, you have to enable the Focus upgrade after purchasing it.

running an ODD currently and i have scorched earth active (thanks) but perk isnt working lol.

which cult is less broken? i was thinking of swapping to zenurik anyways

Energy regen works, and that's it.

Everything either doesn't work, outright lies to player or simply isn't worth it.

e.g. efficiency bonus (PASSIVE!) is a 15s bonus after activating the ability and gives whopping 20% more efficiency (additive, still caps at 75%).

Umbra Lance outright lies to player, as it ticks once ever 2 seconds (heck, even making it tick 3 times per second would be better than this) and still deals like 6000 damage of unknown type per tick (or about 3000DPS, half of the advertised value).

Other bonuses, like random chance to lose shields but gain speed buff, or enemy radar effect (doesn't even highlight enemies through walls, it's a glorified enemy radar), hardly worth the effort...

At least energy regen works as advertised.

Edited by Mofixil

which cult is less broken? i was thinking of swapping to zenurik anyways

I started with Naramon and it has the most useful set of passives if you enjoy melee. I usually switch between Naramon and Zenurik depending on the type of frame or playstyle I'll be going for.

Ability spamming frames that don't have a toggle I set Zenurik as my primary. IMO Energy Overflow passive is the only part of the tree that is worth maxing out, everything else is just 'meh'. Also less passives/bonuses active means a faster cast time for your Energy Overflow to kick in(4 energy per second is great)

For frames I enjoy using melee on I switch to Naramon. The crit bonuses for both going invisible and giving your melee more crit is really nice, also the passive that gives 25% more affinity from melee kills makes capping your Focus go much much faster. 

- Shadow Step gives you 10 seconds of invisibility(at max) when you score a "true" crit with melee. Basically the invis bonus crits that Ash/Loki/Ivara doesn't count as true.

- Deadly Intent can give you 30% more crit to melee and stacks with True Steel of course. With just that mod and the passive active you get a 95% crit chance when using Valkyr's Hysteria. I'm sure red criticals are possible with Arcanes active.

running an ODD currently and i have scorched earth active (thanks) but perk isnt working lol.

It worked for me a while ago.

It leaves a barely noticeable effect on the ground around around where the Operator was when Basilisk Flare ends. The visuals are very minor, almost like a pattern on the ground. I'd say petrify some enemies, get next to them, end the ability, and watch for damage being dealt.