The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers)"an Orokin Weapon That Backfired"

(PSN)Crimson_Judgment

So when fighting the infested your operator can point out that the infested where an Orokin weapon that backfired.

The irony is so are the tenno... and the sentient... and the grineer

Pretty much everything in the warframe universe is an Orokin weapon that backfired

So how did a super advanced society never once develop a fail safe of some sort?

They did...except that in a panic and not thinking of P.E.T.A. and people standing up for machine rights they let loose other weapons that were not even close to be in control.

example infested and Us

only thing that bound us from not killing them was honor...Until they done SCREWED UP
but yeah...as for the infested they screwed up thinking that infestation wouldn't think of them as food probably thought that it wouldn't develop a Hive like mind.

And the grineer they really weren't weapon but builder and slaves got their independence because of the Chaos that was occurring they really don't count it wasn't a rebellion it was more that everyone else thought of them as something that would expired if left alone or something that would become food.

Leaving that to the Sentient they did have  fail safe and I am sure they didn't adapt to that fail safe considering they still don't access the moon themselves, BUT that being said I feel more like the issue Exist with did something like P.E.T.A do something to bring them back...like you know expedition were people go somewhere and bring back the problem because is being harvested inside of them(could be how they got human form idk) but that's just ideas and theories.

Short answer - arrogance.

The Grineer were supposed to be controlled by their low intelligence. However, the Orokin applied contradictive approaches to Grineer - they rooted out mutations of the genome that would make them unruly and at the same time promoted the genomes that produced competent workers and soldiers. So, they themselves undermined their own efforts.

Tenno were subverted by Natah, and before her were probably actually docile. Supposedly they did have good restraining bolts, but those were removed by outside force, The Sentients.

As for the Sentients - we don't know what actually caused them to rebel, but either way the Orokin just dug their own garves her by making them too good at what they did.

All of these were supposed to have failsafes, that were overcome one way or the other.

They did...except that in a panic and not thinking of P.E.T.A. and people standing up for machine rights they let loose other weapons that were not even close to be in control.

example infested and Us

only thing that bound us from not killing them was honor...Until they done SCREWED UP

but yeah...as for the infested they screwed up thinking that infestation wouldn't think of them as food probably thought that it wouldn't develop a Hive like mind.

And the grineer they really weren't weapon but builder and slaves got their independence because of the Chaos that was occurring they really don't count it wasn't a rebellion it was more that everyone else thought of them as something that would expired if left alone or something that would become food.

Leaving that to the Sentient they did have  fail safe and I am sure they didn't adapt to that fail safe considering they still don't access the moon themselves, BUT that being said I feel more like the issue Exist with did something like P.E.T.A do something to bring them back...like you know expedition were people go somewhere and bring back the problem because is being harvested inside of them(could be how they got human form idk) but that's just ideas and theories.

Tenno have no honor they massacred a whole empire of people over the death of one. Do you honestly think every single orokin was evil and deserved to die? highly unlikely . 

I think everyone of them deserved to die and I think we have honor you make the wrong assumption that honor is base on the society but in reality honor is being able to maintain your ideals and those that follow you and look up to you without having to turn back.

In the Eye of every tenno that helped kill the civilization for the death of mom A we all see each other in honor as for the Tenno that hide and didn't fight along side us we see them without honor(That would be the case if we weren't all in for it)

SO don't mistake honor as something based on your perspective as for tenno themselves they see themselves as they have Honor that one person who was the world for them much bigger then a civilization.

"I miss Mom..T-T"

"I should have murder more of those Orokin to numb the pain"

Edited by Leavith

I think everyone of them deserved to die and I think we have honor you make the wrong assumption that honor is base on the society but in reality honor is being able to maintain your ideals and those that follow you and look up to you without having to turn back.

In the Eye of every tenno that helped kill the civilization for the death of mom A we all see each other in honor as for the Tenno that hide and didn't fight along side us we see them without honor(That would be the case if we weren't all in for it)

SO don't mistake honor as something based on your perspective as for tenno themselves they see themselves as they have Honor that one person who was the world for them much bigger then a civilization.

"I miss Mom..T-T"

You must be aware that in order to kill a whole empire that means everyone had to go women and children too

Also it was the orokin council who sentenced the women to death not the whole damn orokin empire

Edited by (PS4)HexerMako

"I miss Mom..T-T"

there's a good chance teshin and baro are Orokin you can start there

Tenno have no honor they massacred a whole empire of people over the death of one. Do you honestly think every single orokin was evil and deserved to die? highly unlikely . 

Actually thats not true. Some of the synthesis imprints strongly hint that Tenno killed only top echelon of Orokin ruling class, and those was pretty terrible people.

Grineer; fail safe; 2 year life span. Their leaders have over come that somehow though... Hmm.

Corpus; no fail safe needed, these are humans and not clones. I doubt they were created; a splinter group from the orokin...note alad v.

Sentients; arrogance of having superior tech probably was why there was no fail safe, probably didn't even think they would succeed...just launch and see what happens. Bad things apparently lol.

Infested; probably out evolved what ever counter measures that may or may not have been created, again arrogance or even desperation.

Tenno; fail safe, utter trust through indocrination.

Warframes: fail safe is kill the tenno while they are vunerable in a chair drooling and do not have to worry about the wfs at all. 

Edited by fizbit

Actually if like u said we kill the whole civilization including women and children then Alad V would ot exist or the corpus because those groups were consider Orokin I think the Sys fusion Moa I believe explain how people after the fall decided to live their life.

As for If we killed women and children I am good with that if you want something done right without any payback you remove anything and everything that would wish to have revenge on you....but it doesn't look that way since stalker is alive.

But a little reference of what I mean.

Let say your given a mission that says end the royal family ruling....Do you

A.Murder the King

B.Murder the King and those inline for the throne(only male children)

C.Murder the King/Nobles and those inline for the throne(only male children)

D.Murder the King and his whole family(wife/daughter/elderly/and children included)

I would go with D starting of with his family and then going for the King....To kill Hydra removing heads don't kill it but removing the body kills the heads.

Now I will go get good at pvp and aim to murder tenshin.

Edited by Leavith

lol nope, as stated in systhesis imprints they wiped out the rulers, remember that corpus seem to be the low society of the empire, so the corpus would be dead, also, dax menz and lorist ontella codex (cant remember what synthesis target) is supposed to be AFTER the fall of the empire, and they are orokin, and they are alive, with a bunch of other soldiers, alarez, and bilsa, are alive also and are orokin, remember larez wants to recover the empire, so, the tenno wiped out the rulers, and the empire disolved, the grineer insurrection, did a lot, also, a tenno seems to save lorist ontella an menz´s squad, so its clear the only wanted to kill the rulers

Edited by mstriker

From what we know, firstly, the main 'fail safe' for the Orokin empire, as implied by the Guardsman Synthesis, is the presence of genetic locks. Ergo, only those of sufficient rank could make things even work. Executors then get full clearance, whilst a Sectarus like Bilsa can control and communicate with a Cephalon, but someone below Sectarus rank wouldn't.

Problem is, by killing off the elite and having them die in places you don't really have a hope of reclaiming their material from (Eviscerator synthesis had that certain Executor murdered on a tower that was succumbing to Infestation for example) you have no real means to get around this technology lock. The entire Dark Age style break down is what happened when the fail safe failed because they never considered what would happen if the Executors and similar elites were no longer around.

And, of course, assumed that any surviving high rankers like Bilsa wouldn't throw in their cards with the rising power groups. I doubt that Bilsa was the only Sectarus who figured to make themselves useful to the Grineer as it gave them some measure of their former privilege, after all.

As for 'why?'...The Orokin were just...terrible creatures. Nothing with even a shred of decency could look at the empire, look at the Executors and think 'yeah, this can really be left to carry on as it is'. With all the segregation, genetic 'perfection' pursuits, abuse of lower castes just to further the survival of the Orokin elite...

All those that turned against the Orokin (barring the Infested maybe) were in a position to recognise how decadent and corrupt the empire and its leaders really were.

Wiping out a caste, and the Orokin very clearly appear to be a caste at this point, is what brought it all down. You might be an Orokin subject...but you weren't Orokin if you follow?