The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Back After A Year+ - What Are The Best T4 Wave 60+ Weapons These Days?

mrwald0

Question

I quit playing around the time the Synoid Gammacor was nerfed and Volt Prime came out. I'm back and looking to get back into farming end game T4S/D.

I still have fully forma'd Amprex, Torid, Brakk, Synoid Gmmacor, Soma P, Synapse, Opticor, Latron P, Dread, Braton P, Boltor P and the Rakta Ballistica. These all have the optimal builds for end game T4, but the T4 that is a year+ old.

I'm looking to find out if anything has changed since the Volt Prime came out that would limit any of these weapons.

So what are the best end game (By end game i mean optimal weapons for 60+min T4 surv games. I've been Googling around a bit and people are saying stuff like the Atomos and didn't really look into it and started building it last night as so many people were telling me it's the new best side arm in the game, just to find out that it primarily uses fire damage...

So can someone suggest some good primary and side arms for REAL end game content. I'm guessing Tonkor and Synoid Simulor are the best Prim these days, but what about sidearms?

17 answers to this question

If you want to know which are the top tier weapons now, those are still the Dread, the newly introduced Rakta Cernos, and the new Launcher, the Tonkor. Opticor and Lanka are also Top Tier now, well...Opticor already was.

I have no experience with Synoid Simulor, but seems like a big AoE Tonkor that doesn't do as much raw damage in itself but can really rack kills fast.

Shotties do insane damage now, specially Tigris/Sancti Tigris and Hek/Vay Hek, but with the drawback of low range and the horrible Tigris mechanic.

For Secondaries I would recommend the Furis because of Winds of Purity which heals you. Not many of them, if any are capable of matching the stopping power of these primaries, so I normally take Secondaries for Utility purposes.

Atomos has the problem of the D. And low range, and Fire Damage which is only useful with an Accelerant Ember.

For melee, The Ninkondi and Lacera destroy level 100 Gunners, whereas the Míos, (spoilers)the War and the Broken War (end of Spoiler) destroy everything by raw power and crits

Edited by Swailwort

Tonkor, Sancti Tigris, Tigris for plebs, Hek, that other Hek... Syndicate primaries in general are really strong 

side arms....

I'ma tell you side arms are a waste of resources and I would not even dignify them with the 0.5 seconds it takes to swap to them... it's a play style choice but it goes to show how powerful primary weapons are nowadays.

Actually atomos is really good. I suggest watching some videos on it. It's damage chains much like the amprex does. I still think the lex prime is the new pistol god with the veykor marelok not too far behind. Also, if you have fun with bow or shoties I would suggest the Rakta Cernos or the Veykor Hek. 

Sonicor is an extremely powerful and useful secondary. Massive knockdown area on every hit. I take it to the Sorties and it's able to stun-lock and even kill the level 100 enemies, unless they have some sort of augmented armor/shield or damage resistance.

1) Define 'Endgame content'. This is a serious question.

2) Fire damage isn't bad at all, assuming you have 4 CP auras (which you'll want if you're serious about 60+ min against armored enemies). Just add Viral before it, make it Rad/Tox or Corrosive/fire if not 4*cp, or stick with pure fire for Ember- as you said.

But get the +range mod for it (drops from Jackal, iirc).

Chains like the Amprex, but non-crit, better ammo efficiency and full damage on chains (Amprex is 1/2).

All the guns you listed are good (though you'll need an ammo mutation or restores for the Sycor, I prefer the Amprex to the Synapse, and I can't stand the Torid).

The stuff that was good before is basically still good.

Beyond that, agreed with Swailwort on primaries, AnnoyingBanana on secondaries.

Vk/Marelok are crazy good, Lex P is slightly worse total base damage, but better crit, status and IPS spread (if you don't have 4*cp). And Atomos is damn good (though aiming with it is inconsistent, but that's a engine quirk).

Edited by Chroia

If you want to know which are the top tier weapons now, those are still the Dread, the newly introduced Rakta Cernos, and the new Launcher, the Tonkor. Opticor and Lanka are also Top Tier now, well...Opticor already was.

I have no experience with Synoid Simulor, but seems like a big AoE Tonkor that doesn't do as much raw damage in itself but can really rack kills fast.

Shotties do insane damage now, specially Tigris/Sancti Tigris and Hek/Vay Hek, but with the drawback of low range and the horrible Tigris mechanic.

For Secondaries I would recommend the Furis because of Winds of Purity which heals you. Not many of them, if any are capable of matching the stopping power of these primaries, so I normally take Secondaries for Utility purposes.

Atomos has the problem of the D. And low range, and Fire Damage which is only useful with an Accelerant Ember.

For melee, The Ninkondi and Lacera destroy level 100 Gunners, whereas the Míos, (spoilers)the War and the Broken War (end of Spoiler) destroy everything by raw power and crits

I've read mixed reviews about the Rakta Cernos, some say the Dread is still hands down better, but others say that the Rakta Cernos is better. The moment you said Furis. I thought that i was gonna be able to pull out my Dex Furis, then found out that the mod you mentioned doesn't work on the Dex Furis.

I guess that i will invest the time to forma the Tonkor and the Sancti Tigris since everyone is saying these two the most and most likely the Synoid Simulor, since i kind of prefer AOE/Crowd control weapons, even if these used to fall off in later waves.

Can you actually use melee in late game now? I was able to get to 60min in T4S back in the day using only the Scindo P with Loki, but it really wasn't worth the time and effort it took.

All depends on your setup,frame as well. Primary I generally use the synodic simulator or tonkor. Before they changed the nullifies , simulor was perfect for killing nulls and so was the atomos because the atomos could chain into the null but not anymore. Atomos is my most kill greedy stealing weapon. With the right frame,setup, it's an absolute beast. I don't share my specific builds or setups. But I will say right before update 18. I did a T3survival with someone ( they ran a Valkyr ) , I ran..something else but not a CC frame. We went 2hrs 26 minutes and I had over 4000k kills using atomos and synoid simulor.

If you prefer Aoe weapons, I use the sechura penta, high crit, and high elemental damage, it naturally does blast damage and radiation blasts, so without any elemental mods, you are clearing rooms, and confusing anyone who is still alive...but I find everyone's definition of endgame content to vary widely, and differ hugely from mine, I use elemental damage more than anything, so I still rock a serro, and my go to pistols are the secura dual cestras...and seeing as how no one has ever listed these things, I guess I must be in my own little warframe world

Oh and quanta, can't believe that wasn't mentioned

+60?

That's tonkor pretty much for you, anything else and you need to think about buffs, armor and multipliers because weapons alone won't be enough.

Yes you can kill the enemies, but past 60 waves and it takes a long time to kill the enemies. no joke.

I mean, i assume that past 60 you mean wave 80 goal, so yeah you need to think about it carefully, many ppl here have no clue what a wave 80 in t3 defense is and how much hp they trully have.

Sinoid simulor stops being an effective killing machine at wave 40 or less, you can stun and proc, but killing will be an issue, trust my words.

Edited by KIREEKPSO