Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

46 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

For the rest, what you're talking about is a different design language. I'm trying to change that with every skin i'm making to keep things interesting instead of just a version of more of the same for every warframe (like an alata version of everything).

Fair enough. And of course I have no idea what goes into making such beautiful things, so I can't really criticize either way. I was just saying what appeals to me, personally, and what I see when I look at Bai Hu.

Btw, I hope you make some money from this. I feel like people should be compensated for using their artistic talent like this.

19 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

By the way, aren't you worried that the new Ash deluxe skin (coming "soon") may have a very negative impact on Bai Hu sales?

I doubt it will have too much effect, though doubtless it will have some. I worry more about Caduto, with umbra coming out. Do we know that Caduto will work on Excal Umbra?

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

Probably none of those ^^

As much as I love trinity and banshee, I think it would be great if you could bless some of the uglier frames such as chroma, limbo, and hydroid. I would jump on any of those, just so I can finally play them without being distracted by my awful appearance.

45 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

First of all we all know you are good in this work,and second your Frost looks lot more as the same at Hailstorm Frost http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590630820&searchtext=

and helmet comon -_-  its too simplistic and you can do it much better,I have faith in you.Maybe you only need an right inspiration at the right time.  I just hope you know what I mean...

And Emperor need to look more like Emperor   

Reveal hidden contents

dnIeYKd.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CV4TBIY.jpg?1

Reveal hidden contents

V2-6GxUCwqdM39upIUjgTSJn395fHHGnWvxk0G4Z

Don't be mad :smile: I do not want to teach you how to do your job just give an idea and that's all.... :smile: 

Ok those are totally impossible to make in tennogen. It's not that i can't do something like that if i would, its just that we are not allowed to modify the warframe bodies at all so whatever i do it does have to use the same exact shape of Frost. That's the real problem...

31 minutes ago, Rurabomber said:

By the way, aren't you worried that the new Ash deluxe skin (coming "soon") may have a very negative impact on Bai Hu sales?

Uhm nope, they look way too different and i don't think that everyone is going to be happy with that skin, the ones who are not are going to have Bai Hu as an alternative :)

I saw some people here discussing about Frost Emperor skin and I also saw that it wasn't picked for next round.

While it is true that this skin seems to get a lot of upvotes on steam, I still think it lacks of inspiration. The crown thing was suggested many times and you made it too simple by being just a metallic ornement. A good alternative would have been to make it an ice crown instead that would be colored with your energy. The front part has empty zone that feels just too wide. While it makes space for a sigil, people expect more tints options. And one of the main issue with Frost, is that he already only gives you a few. I understand why you decided to work harder on the back (that's what we see when we're playing), but people buy skins for how it looks from other players' side. That's why people are hanging in Larunda for example. The quality of your work is amazing, but this is for me the less inspired skin you've made so far. We can see what makes it a "skin made by Hitsu San", which is an important point, but it is more about the textures than the spirit. It lacks this crazy touch of you that makes your skins look unique. I was baffled on this one.

And then I see Ash and I am like : that's what I'm expected from this guy in terms of inspiration. But, I understand how people feel about it. The main issue is that your texture is too sleek. It needs to get a bit dirtier. It just looks like some kind of shiny armor that has never been to the battlefield yet. If you compare it to Alata or Grumpy Excal, you'll know what I mean. You can't add more depths by changing the structure, but you did something amazing with Caduto and Alata : it looks dirtier, darker, combat ready. That's where you could balance the lack of organic elements that make a Warframe what it is. Also, what I absolutely loved with Visage was how you added some shadows and wrinkles to the textile. It really adds something more, that feels more alive. All those small elements are what Bai Hu needs.

I absolutely love your work, but I can see why an Emperor skin wouldn't make the cut. And I'm afraid that it will be the same for Bai Hu if it stays like it is.

Do you understand what I mean?

19 minutes ago, matto said:

Officium made the cut for next round ! \o/

Can't wait to get it in game ^^

Good :D especially cause it now looks completely different from the screenshots and most people haven't realized XD i just didn't had time to update those...

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

As much as I love trinity and banshee, I think it would be great if you could bless some of the uglier frames such as chroma, limbo, and hydroid. I would jump on any of those, just so I can finally play them without being distracted by my awful appearance.

Chroma is too much work for now, It will take me much longer than any other warframe and DE can just not publish it for whatever reason so it's way too much risk for me. I'll make Limbo eventally, not Hydroid, not anytime soon at least.

2 minutes ago, matto said:

I saw some people here discussing about Frost Emperor skin and I also saw that it wasn't picked for next round.

While it is true that this skin seems to get a lot of upvotes on steam, I still think it lacks of inspiration. The crown thing was suggested many times and you made it too simple by being just a metallic ornement. A good alternative would have been to make it an ice crown instead that would be colored with your energy. The front part has empty zone that feels just too wide. While it makes space for a sigil, people expect more tints options. And one of the main issue with Frost, is that he already only gives you a few. I understand why you decided to work harder on the back (that's what we see when we're playing), but people buy skins for how it looks from other players' side. That's why people are hanging in Larunda for example. The quality of your work is amazing, but this is for me the less inspired skin you've made so far. We can see what makes it a "skin made by Hitsu San", which is an important point, but it is more about the textures than the spirit. It lacks this crazy touch of you that makes your skins look unique. I was baffled on this one.

And then I see Ash and I am like : that's what I'm expected from this guy in terms of inspiration. But, I understand how people feel about it. The main issue is that your texture is too sleek. It needs to get a bit dirtier. It just looks like some kind of shiny armor that has never been to the battlefield yet. If you compare it to Alata or Grumpy Excal, you'll know what I mean. You can't add more depths by changing the structure, but you did something amazing with Caduto and Alata : it looks dirtier, darker, combat ready. That's where you could balance the lack of organic elements that make a Warframe what it is. Also, what I absolutely loved with Visage was how you added some shadows and wrinkles to the textile. It really adds something more, that feels more alive. All those small elements are what Bai Hu needs.

I absolutely love your work, but I can see why an Emperor skin wouldn't make the cut. And I'm afraid that it will be the same for Bai Hu if it stays like it is.

Do you understand what I mean?

Yep totally! I'm making a list of things that i can add on BaiHu with a little rework, wrinkles and better materials are definitely one of those ;)

About Emperor, i need to ask why it's been rejected this time cause the reason might be literally anything but yeah alright i will tell you... i might have done that skin in... under 2 weeks sleeping 3 hours at night. Oops i guess ^^ I'm still not sure if that makes it look bad or way more amazing...

Just now, HitsuSan said:

i will tell you... i might have done that skin in... under 2 weeks sleeping 3 hours at night. Oops i guess ^^ I'm still not sure if that makes it look bad or way more amazing...

That's why I told you many times "take you time man" :)

6797823_700b_v2.jpg

7 minutes ago, matto said:

I totally get what you're saying, I kinda said something similar an hour or two ago, only using more words that make less sense. But I disagree about Bai Hu not making it in as is. It's still much better then - for example - the mag Orbit skin, which has little texturing to speak of and large unbroken color patches.

2 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Yep totally! I'm making a list of things that i can add on BaiHu with a little rework, wrinkles and better materials are definitely one of those ;)

I can't wait. Thanks for listening!

3 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I can't wait. Thanks for listening!

Thanks for helping :)

4 minutes ago, matto said:

That's why I told you many times "take you time man" :)

I didn't had more time to work on that ^^ it had to be done in that time so i've made it happen. If DE keeps rejecting it i need to know the reason why though cause it's a lot of risk to just go back and spend 2-3 more weeks on it if then the reason is just that they're not adding more Frost items at the moment... that would make me want to jump out of the window.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I totally get what you're saying, I kinda said something similar an hour or two ago, only using more words that make less sense. But I disagree about Bai Hu not making it in as is. It's still much better then - for example - the mag Orbit skin, which has little texturing to speak of and large unbroken color patches.

Yeah I might have exaggerated a bit about Bai Hu not being picked up next time. But I'm trying to warn and trigger Hitsu San's genius mind :D

Also, we could suppose that Mag doesn't look organic enough from the start to consider a sleek design as not viable for the game. That's why, surprisingly (or not), Orbit was able to make the cut.

Ash is something entirely different though.

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

If DE keeps rejecting it i need to know the reason why though cause it's a lot of risk to just go back and spend 2-3 more weeks on it if then the reason is just that they're not adding more Frost items at the moment... that would make me want to jump out of the window.

I hope that you'll get some answers. Feedbacks are something essential. Especially from the decision makers.

Just now, matto said:

Yeah I might have exaggerated a bit about Bai Hu not being picked up next time. But I'm trying to warn and trigger Hitsu San's genius mind :D

Also, we could suppose that Mag doesn't look organic enough from the start to consider a sleek design as not viable for the game. That's why, surprisingly (or not), Orbit was able to make the cut.

Ash is something entirely different though.

I hope that you'll get some answers. Feedbacks are something essential. Especially from the decision makers.

Yeah, if you knew the reason why Alata didn't made it in the first time... And it got accepted the second time without me touching ANYTHING about it fortunately O_o.

15 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

Ok those are totally impossible to make in tennogen. It's not that i can't do something like that if i would, its just that we are not allowed to modify the warframe bodies at all so whatever i do it does have to use the same exact shape of Frost. That's the real problem...

Yea i know and that not the point in modify bodies,its more like design on texture to looks more like a fabric combined with metal and perhaps gold. something similar as the player who has create the skin for Frost-Graxx. I'm not asking to copy the skin :smile: its more like,you to understand what I mean...thats why I sent you pictures to see more unique designs:smile:  Because your Excal and Ash skins are very unique.....

Archived