Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't The Old Weapons Have Clips Or Magazines?

Ironlixivium

There's no getting over being WRONG in terminology. You either know what you're talking about or you do not.

Plan to be corrected until you get your head out and get it right.

No really, there is. You just get over it, it's easy.

Sorry guys, people who are well versed in guns and gun terminology are in the minority in most places, even the US, even on video game forums, plan to be correcting people till your fingers fall off.

Edited by rapt0rman

No really, there is. You just get over it, it's easy.

Sorry guys, people who are well versed in guns and gun terminology are in the minority in most places, even the US, even on video game forums, plan to be correcting people till your fingers fall off.

Honestly, this is a little confusing.

I'm too lazy to argue against peoples ignorance generally, it'd be a full time job.

But why would you willfully want to be ignorant?

I'm too lazy to argue against peoples ignorance generally, it'd be a full time job.

All you need to do is just not make that big of a deal out of it, one guy corrects him. BAM DONE!

No one was being "willfully" anything, gun terminology is not the most important thing in the world, especially not the difference between a clip and a mag. Certainly didn't require an entire extra page of people digging into him about it.

Of course, If you actually own a gun or use one on a regular basis, I'd absolutely expect you to have a very firm understanding of exactly what is in your hands because that's just gun safety 101.

Edited by rapt0rman

im honestly surprised this hasnt been locked yet for being so derailed..

all the OP did was ask a simple question and it turned into this terminology mess that very few people really give a hoot about.

Edited by xcynderx

There's no getting over being WRONG in terminology. You either know what you're talking about or you do not.

Plan to be corrected until you get your head out and get it right.

I actually already knew the difference between a clip and a magazine. I just didn't care, just as you shouldn't either.

I would usually correct people's grammatical issues too, but honestly, its so tiring, I stopped caring. But don't think I stopped having knowledge about it -- usually I actually use it as a weapon (to annoy people that really just need to shut up, or just for the lols)

Also its not that people don't want to be corrected, it's more that they don't want to be wrong.

But seriously, can we get back on topic? I think the older weapons should be updated to have actual magazines or clips instead of just going full pretend mode. (literally, the latron reload animation has your frame making motions like they're removing and replacing a magazine from the bottom of the gun, but there's nothing there at all....)

Yes, there are weapons like the boltor that have moving components, but still don't make sense because you don't insert bullets into the gun at any point of the animation, same with the strun and boar prime. Boar actually has a magazine, while boar p's magazine seems to be fixed on the gun and simply rotates backwards to it's starting position. I'd be fine if it had a magazine fixed in the gun with a removable clip, but the reload animation doesn't show one, nor does it make any sense for one, as it would be jamming it in the bottom of the magazine as it rotates....

Now that I think about it it would be cool if we could insert the clip through the side of the magazine,it would make the boar prime unique from the boar and make sense, since the boar prime's magazine seems to be way more intricate and valuable. (from appearance)

For people who still want to talk about clip vs magazine:

Shut up about the stupid terminology. Contribute to the topic at hand or get out. I corrected myself and everything, so there's no reason that discussion should keep going in this thread. If you wanna keep talking about it, why don't you go make a thread about it in the off-topic section?

Edited by Ironlixivium