Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Anubis Helmet. Name will change, but nearing completion.

arch111

Hi fellow Tenno!

So the new warframe Inaros has a helmet that is pretty much mine but with robot-weirdness.

I was on the verge of scrapping this helmet alltogether at that point,  but I have taken a step back and reevaluated.

So. I will choose a new name and finish it as planned. I had originally tjought to add Egyptian touches. I will have to rethink that now, depending on what thematic name I go for.

Seth is still viable. Carrion and Kerberus too. I like Fenris after the giant wolf of Midgard, but I just  can't find a good enough reason to use the name for a nekromancer.

Arch111

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first time doing anything for Steam and on this serious level. I am used to concepts but this time I will do the works untill I have a finished and textured model.

Nekros have a cool theme, and I have a long love for ancient Egypt gods and mythology.

Therefore I am attempting to merge Warframe with that and the god Anubis seemed good fit.

- UPDATE 26 february-

anubis_slanted_by_gaber111-d9t59c0.jpg

anubis_helmet_for_nekros_14_testpose_by_

nekrosanubis_color_by_gaber111-d9pa8mn.j

Colorpaint to test tintareas.

nekros12face_by_gaber111-d9p7ov9.jpg

nekros10pose_by_gaber111-d9nr0my.jpg

nekros_bastet_v4_by_gaber111-d9n8rgs.jpg

- ORIGINAL QUICK MODEL -

nekros_tg_body_by_gaber111-d9mbkdm.jpg

Will Update here as I make progress. Please comment on your thoughts and constructive feedback.

Cheers!

Arch111

Edited by arch111

Those are some cool weapons. The way I see it Nekros should allready have signiture-weapons, and those scythes and that Orthos look very familiar as Egyptian tools without googling that further.

I'll say I am intrigued.

As always, great work arch. Keep up the nekros work and love

Thanks! Since I got so good response to the idea I will have to raise the bar on this one.

I am mostly concerned about the snout not looking to long or out of place. Zephyr and Chroma did it, so at least I am not the first to try it.

And I know that Zephyr is a girl, but you could also do a Horace skin for her since she is already a bird. Then you could have the Old God's Bundle Pack: Night God Skin Pack (Nekros) and Day God Skin Pack (Zephyr). It's a ton of work, but would be cool.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

What are these ideas? I'm intrigued.

Well, I do want danglies but I am still not sure about limitations and restrictions there.

The head I will cover in a divided hood typical to Anubis and the Pharaos, but I want to blend a hard-tech and a organic skull that might make you think of mummies, as well as keeping some shapes in here that Nekros have in the body allready.

Most important are the eyes. I will see how well a mechanical eye looks in there, like the default one has.

It's either a clear menacing gaze, or blind. I will not know untill I trie for sure.

I think this is a little too literally-an-Anubis-head. Egyptian/Anubis theme is a cool starting point but you need to do some more really rough shape/form exploration, especially from multiple angles, before blocking in details.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this theme! It certainly suits Nekros

I was just going to say exactly what Syncrasis did - the Anubis influence is an excellent conceptual origin, but I think you took it a bit too far. It looks too much like Anubis. Try to be more abstract and vague.

Haha Syncrasis really stole the words right from my mouth. Promising work though!

Thanks for commenting, and yes being too literally Anubis from Egypt was my initial thought as well, but it very much lie in the angles and whole.

The second iteration allready looks alot better like you both said, this is a starting point, not the end result.

Warframe is all about weirdness so Im sure a nekromancer killer coyote can look the part ;)

After working with this, I realized that I have 2 clear options.

1. Go the Chroma and Zephyr road. Place the coyote over the face, this is the norm in mechas too.

2. Redo the helmet into something else and still put the features of Anubis in there, buy in a more warframe way.

I tried 1. Felt wrong. So I reworked it.

nekros_bastet_v4_by_gaber111-d9n8rgs.jpg

nekros_altsketch_by_gaber111-d9n072e.jpg

I like this version better. The new one just looks weird.

I think you should have kept this style but just scaled it back a bit.

Although, look at the: Ketos Helm, Scorpion/Locust Helms, Bastet Helm, Cierzo Helm

and even Nekros' own helms. Some are quite literal reproductions and those examples

will point more to how to do the blending.

Think Guyver/Warframe/Gods of Egypt (google it, kinda cool).

I like this version better. The new one just looks weird.

I think you should have kept this style but just scaled it back a bit.

Although, look at the: Ketos Helm, Scorpion/Locust Helms, Bastet Helm, Cierzo Helm

and even Nekros' own helms. Some are quite literal reproductions and those examples

will point more to how to do the blending.

Think Guyver/Warframe/Gods of Egypt (google it, kinda cool).

Well, I have the v2 of the first model as well. Problem was nnever the front but from the side and at angles.

It keeps looking like a dragon to me, their shapes are really similar.

I like the classic Anubis look too, I just need that to work 100%.

Possibly I can blend the two styles into a v5 that gets us to where we want to go. I will show you how it looks from side and at angles.

I would love to nail that design, I have been struggling a bit though. That's why I did a new design.