Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Armored Core Fans?

EmptyDevil

You can see that 3 wasn't really that slow, even with this setup which isn't the most powerful either.

It still seems pretty slow to me, in comparison with the future games. The heat system is probably what slowed it down for me, having to constantly stop boosting to avoid having you walk again and again.

A fan of the PSP games. Haven't tried em on other consoles, it pretty much looked like they added infinite boost in the later series. The PSP versions required boost tapping, which isn't hard to do. Combat seems to be same paced as they are in the console versions.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

A fan of the PSP games. Haven't tried em on other consoles, it pretty much looked like they added infinite boost in the later series. The PSP versions required boost tapping, which isn't hard to do. Combat seems to be same paced as they are in the console versions.

AC4/A made thruster boost infinite, only jet pack and overthruster required energy, however it is also the same pool energy weapons draw from so you had to be careful to set up your NEXT the right way. My favourite setup in 4A was a modified white glint with two swords a sniper shoulder and the rest of the AC was purely thrusters. It was a fragile unit, BUT you only take damage if you get hit, which my white glint setup had approx 2.5x the speed of the next fastest unit. In fact it was so quick only 3 of the targetting systems in game could lock onto it. However no projectile could hit it at mid to long range (AC4/A doesn't have hitscan weapons).

ACV basically removed jump packs, I think there are some high end parts that can still be used for moderate thrust, but the lowest end jump pack in 4A has greater vertical thrust then the highest end one in V, which I found disgusting. I think eebus mentioned that thrust was no longer limited to a pool in V/VD, but honestly with the right reactor you never had to worry about it in 4A (unless you used assault armor, which is basically a panic button anyway, assault armor created a field that dealt 100k damage and negates any damage entering the field, but also completely drained your reactor level and put it offline for 5 seconds).

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

If they do make a new one it would need a major graphics overhaul the current ones do look............passable, but they are completely S#&$ these days.

No, scratch that, it would need a major overhaul in every part of the game if it wants to stand a chance these days.  

What? The only real problem with these games is there was never enough buttons on a controller. Other than that, have you seen some of the HD remakes that have been released lately? A minor bump in graphics and enabled online play would be all they would need to be a relatively successful port. I would love to see them release them all in a pack and allow you to inport saves from one to the next which is something they had even back in the PS2 days.

If they do make a new one it would need a major graphics overhaul the current ones do look............passable, but they are completely S#&$ these days.

No, scratch that, it would need a major overhaul in every part of the game if it wants to stand a chance these days.  

AC4A still stands on its own (even though the presentation needs work one).

Verdict Day (even though Phaparen will disagree) is an example of how great AC could be on the current gen consoles (good visuals, fun and intense multiplayer etc)

AC4/A made thruster boost infinite, only jet pack and overthruster required energy, however it is also the same pool energy weapons draw from so you had to be careful to set up your NEXT the right way. My favourite setup in 4A was a modified white glint with two swords a sniper shoulder and the rest of the AC was purely thrusters. It was a fragile unit, BUT you only take damage if you get hit, which my white glint setup had approx 2.5x the speed of the next fastest unit. In fact it was so quick only 3 of the targetting systems in game could lock onto it. However no projectile could hit it at mid to long range (AC4/A doesn't have hitscan weapons).

ACV basically removed jump packs, I think there are some high end parts that can still be used for moderate thrust, but the lowest end jump pack in 4A has greater vertical thrust then the highest end one in V, which I found disgusting. I think eebus mentioned that thrust was no longer limited to a pool in V/VD, but honestly with the right reactor you never had to worry about it in 4A (unless you used assault armor, which is basically a panic button anyway, assault armor created a field that dealt 100k damage and negates any damage entering the field, but also completely drained your reactor level and put it offline for 5 seconds).

Yeah.. Swords.. I never found them useful until I ran out of ammo for the 1000 shot smg. (it was light-weight, shot fast, carried lots of ammo, and had consistent dps). Even after running out of ammo, it was annoying trying to chase the enemy AI around the map trying to pull off a melee (or ranged melee [one sword could shoot an energy wave]).

Yeah.. Swords.. I never found them useful until I ran out of ammo for the 1000 shot smg. (it was light-weight, shot fast, carried lots of ammo, and had consistent dps). Even after running out of ammo, it was annoying trying to chase the enemy AI around the map trying to pull off a melee (or ranged melee [one sword could shoot an energy wave]).

When you setup a NEXT for melee you'll find that the swords are very powerful, also swords have boosters attached to only them which is nice because you can use them for extra boost when you run out of boost on the meter, or if you need a quick get away after you use assault armor on the off chance it doesn't 1 hit your opponent. The swords I used 1 hit most opponents and 2 hit any others, however with dual swords, 2 hits are all you need.

Thats funny cause my usual build is straight up a melee and speed guy, I go with light weight parts and a high accelerator booster. It leaves me very weak but my blades will mess up the enemy. Too bad I can't ram the enemy with like a lance or shield with spikes that would have been awesome.

Thats funny cause my usual build is straight up a melee and speed guy, I go with light weight parts and a high accelerator booster. It leaves me very weak but my blades will mess up the enemy. Too bad I can't ram the enemy with like a lance or shield with spikes that would have been awesome.

You would have been a fun opponent, that's a similar setup to my own, I had all the top tier parts for speed, lock on, and energy generation. I had an energy sniper on one shoulder, but primarily used my two blades for combat. White glint chassis isn't the best for stats but it has a 1.5x modifier on the overthrusters by default, so if you want to go beyond sanic speeds it's a must, it is also the exclusive chassis to have assault armor. I think the top speed my setup reached was 4500km/h.

You would have been a fun opponent, that's a similar setup to my own, I had all the top tier parts for speed, lock on, and energy generation. I had an energy sniper on one shoulder, but primarily used my two blades for combat. White glint chassis isn't the best for stats but it has a 1.5x modifier on the overthrusters by default, so if you want to go beyond sanic speeds it's a must, it is also the exclusive chassis to have assault armor. I think the top speed my setup reached was 4500km/h.

Nice

Swords with PSP controls isn't fun, it's annoying especially if they fly around a lot. Also, because of the nature of most of the PSP games, light armor is more likely going to get you killed (since you're up against many opponents). I'm starting to think you're talking about a different game. I found the pile-bunker to be even more devastating than the swords.

When you setup a NEXT for melee you'll find that the swords are very powerful, also swords have boosters attached to only them which is nice because you can use them for extra boost when you run out of boost on the meter, or if you need a quick get away after you use assault armor on the off chance it doesn't 1 hit your opponent. The swords I used 1 hit most opponents and 2 hit any others, however with dual swords, 2 hits are all you need.

I suppose. Never played with a NEXT.

Swords with PSP controls isn't fun, it's annoying especially if they fly around a lot. Also, because of the nature of most of the PSP games, light armor is more likely going to get you killed (since you're up against many opponents). I'm starting to think you're talking about a different game. I found the pile-bunker to be even more devastating than the swords.

True it does deal more damage but has limited uses while a sword can be used more and has much better reach and yes less armour does leave me vulnerable to multiple attackers but against single opponents I decimate them also I played the console versions if I had a PSP id use it as a coaster, damn thing sucks

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

True it does deal more damage but has limited uses while a sword can be used more and has much better reach and yes less armour does leave me vulnerable to multiple attackers but against single opponents I decimate them

I'd love to see how well you fair up against me in a 1v1 fight. Mind you, I do use melee weapons when the target is close (preferably using that Kisaragi energy blade that does a crap ton of damage).

There was this bot that used a light frame and pure melee before. I took me 15 seconds.

I'd love to see how well you fair up against me in a 1v1 fight. Mind you, I do use melee weapons when the target is close (preferably using that Kisaragi energy blade that does a crap ton of damage).

There was this bot that used a light frame and pure melee before. I took me 15 seconds.

That was against an AI not another player 

yea go up against split moon in ACFA, his medium weight Aaliyha-03 AC with Omer back boosters, moonlight laser blade, flicker rockets, and motocobra machine gun in that cramped space would destroy you if you weren't careful, luckily i took him out with ether hydor agrios kojima arm cannons, or the Omer Kojima blade when he charged at me down that corridor in the artera cranium you spawn in.

yea go up against split moon in ACFA, his medium weight Aaliyha-03 AC with Omer back boosters, moonlight laser blade, flicker rockets, and motocobra machine gun in that cramped space would destroy you if you weren't careful, luckily i took him out with ether hydor agrios kojima arm cannons, or the Omer Kojima blade when he charged at me down that corridor in the artera cranium you spawn in.

Well, my medium/or heavy frame build has side boosters, the highest damaging laser blade, pixie 3 (or finger machinegun) + revolver side-arm, and an optional shoulder cannon, beats everything easily except the bosses in formula front, 3, silent line, and last raven. It works in any terrain, with plenty of energy for maneuverability. The same weapons & build may beat split moon in AFCA. But then again... Play styles in AFCA are different from those in the PSP games. 

I suppose. Never played with a NEXT.

I suppose that's understandable. Battling with swords on a PSP wouldn't have been easy, you need twin stick for precision. Also I played AC4A which had better sword mechanics than the other armored core games.