The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Picking A Frame To Main

-GothKazu-

Question

I've played as Loki, Frost, Valkyr, Excalibur, Ivara, Ash, and Oberon.

So far I like Loki's invis and utility but I don't like his lack of damage abilities that make it so that your only actual source of damage is from your weapons which will suck at low levels and other such reasons.

Ivara was a step in the right direction but she was too focused on being sneaky. If you couldn't slowly make your way through the map, then u weren't going to live long.

I want a frame that has mild utility, able to solo most (if not all) game modes without falling too far short, capable of being stealthy when necessary and has decent CC (like I don't want to die in T4 Survival within the first 3 minutes *cough* Ivara *cough*

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Pick what u like and what u want not what is currently flavor of the month. :)

There's Mirage u may like her squishy but the damage is amazing.  

I'd say chroma, Tanky, CC, and powerful.

Honestly Loki is the best for what you want though.

Ash is great for being sneaky with his smoke screen and Teleport, but his bladestorm is currently broken. Excalibur does great dmg with crowd control abilities.Frost great team player, and again his amazing at crowd control.

Fros what you said, you go with Excalibur or Frost. They match what you want

Ash is great for being sneaky with his smoke screen and Teleport, but his bladestorm is currently broken. Excalibur does great dmg with crowd control abilities.Frost great team player, and again his amazing at crowd control.

Fros what you said, you go with Excalibur or Frost. They match what you want

Frost seems too... Defense based for me. Idk how else to put it. I'm sure with the right mods and enough Forma, he'll fit but the way I have him now is meh.

Same with Excal but Offense instead of Defense

I'll try Ash again (once I get another cuz I sold him for Ivara slot)

Thanks btw

Pick what u like and what u want not what is currently flavor of the month. :)

There's Mirage u may like her squishy but the damage is amazing.

I'd say chroma, Tanky, CC, and powerful.

Honestly Loki is the best for what you want though.

I've never seen Mirage or Chroma in action, I'll have to check YouTube.

And is Loki even capable of being endgame material? I feel like he hits a wall at mid-high lvl missions

Valk is my go-to solo frame, though I drop her for more specialized tasks such as Spy and Defense. She's REALLY good when modded correctly, and her entire kit can be made useful simultaneously.

Frost is my other go-to, though many people will also argue that Rhino fills his role better in the Soloing department. though Frost is a far better Team player than Rhino typically is IMO

Zephyr is surprisingly handy solo with the right gear and mods, Turbulence makes you very hard to hit and Tornado gives you some decent CC

for CC, you can't really go without mentioning Nyx's Chaos

I know he's REALLY not expected to run like this, but a well built Nekros WILL surprise you. modded for Strength and Duration a Nekros can be functionally Immortal during Shadows of the Dead with his Augment

Nova is squishy, but has a great CC skill in Molecular Prime, and if you learn how to use it, Antimatter Drop will almost literally turn you into Bomberman. it's awesome. (though I've never seen anyone but myself play "Bomber Nova" and that build is VERY High-risk high-reward)

Chroma has great tankiness with CC and damage, especially when built for Ice

Mirage seems to be the current meta for that sort of thing as well, even though she is a bit squishy

Excal will also bring you far when utilized right (spamming EB WILL work in many situations, but if you play smart than he's MUCH better)

Trinity is functionally immortal with the right usages of all her powers

In essence, play who you enjoy. nearly ANY frame can fulfil what you're looking for if you're willing to experiment, and maybe step outside of the common build metagame thinkings every once in a while (like Summoner Nekros or my own Bomber Nova). so play who you find fun and enjoyable, and THEN worry about how you're going to make them work for what you need to run

Except Oberon and Limbo. they pretty much suck entirely no matter what you do. at least until they get their reworks that'll make them good choices again

Edited by KiloFoxx

So far I like Loki's invis and utility but I don't like his lack of damage abilities that make it so that your only actual source of damage is from your weapons which will suck at low levels and other such reasons.

Ivara was a step in the right direction but she was too focused on being sneaky. If you couldn't slowly make your way through the map, then u weren't going to live long.

I want a frame that has mild utility, able to solo most (if not all) game modes without falling too far short, capable of being stealthy when necessary and has decent CC (like I don't want to die in T4 Survival within the first 3 minutes *cough* Ivara *cough*

1) You're playing Ivara wrong. There are quite a few "T4 Ivara" videos over on YouTube. You aren't gonna get far man if you play Loki or Ivara like how you'd play Rhino or Valkyr -_-. 2) Ash can shred armor with Seeking Shuriken, and in a pinch there's always Smoke Bomb. Aaaaand Blade Storm. :I 3) Excalibur seems to fit the bill the best.

NOTE: It isn't challenging to do stealth missions without Frame abilities. Therefore, anyone can be stealthy.

I've never seen Mirage or Chroma in action, I'll have to check YouTube.

And is Loki even capable of being endgame material? I feel like he hits a wall at mid-high lvl missions

I'd actually feel pretty safe in high levels with a Loki on my team. Guns go bye-bye. And invincibility, and enemy free for all are optional. He and Nyx are not damage dealing Frames, and yet I can solo Sorties with Nyx, and I know people who solo with Loki.

This may come as a shocker to you, but Frames like Loki who have great CC but less damage, are actually the ones you want to see in high level missions. Why? You can do lots of damage with your weapons, but not a lot of CC. That's where abilities like Radial Disarm, Bastille (if I got the name wrong then I mean Vauban's 3rd ability), Chaos, and Radial Blind come in.

Edited by Dijn11

As a very long time loki player, I can tell you that loki is a very powerful endgame frame at least for me.His 4th augment basically turns it into a better chaos from nyx.This gives him a huge amount of CC because you don't want to get shot too much in T4s as you will die really fast.His 4th skill is really powerful in utillity and CC.He completely removes enemy weapons in range. Also, in really endgame stuff, damage tends to fall off and that makes utility and CC more ideal.As one of the youtubers have said about loki, many of his skills is about scaling, when iron skin crumbles, frost's snow globe shatters, and ash's blade storm barely leaves a scratch, loki can control the battlefield in ways that few warframes can.

Banshee...

Press 1 and watch everyone flying cross the room.

(And without armor with Sonic Fracture)

Press 2 and see everyone dying for a Lato bullet on the knee.

(And everyone else for the next minute with Ressonance)

Press 3 and realize everyone now is bowing to you because the majesty of your presence.

( and insta dying by finishers from Savage Silence)

Press 4 go make a coffe and come back to your enemies dancing dubstep.

Notes: she is so squisy like Loki, but you will kill everything so fast they will not have time to shot back.

Edited by srlhama

I think you're looking for an Ash with positive duration.  Falls a bit short on the cc though.  If you can manage stealth without invisibility, I'd say Excal.  Nothing's going to beat Loki in my book, but if you've gotta have direct damage frame abilities then he's off your list.

If you are looking for an in your face stealth frame - you want Ash

Edited by Invisioblack

How about Ember ?!

She can carry you easily through the whole star chart.

suvival solo no problem until minute 40.

She is a CC monster + very nice dmg.

ok ... not stealthy at all ;)

She is my main for a while now and i like her playstyle

Just play what you want.

I don't get this obsession with choosing just one thing to play all the time. If you want to burn out, this is a good way to get started on it.

I have warframes I tend to favor, but I rarely play the same thing for more than an hour or so. I'm always switching 'frames and weapons to suit whatever it is I'm thinking about doing--or even just because I feel like playing with something in particular and damn the details.

Early on, you don't have all that many choices in what you can do, but that's why one of your early goals is to experience as much as you can and expand your armory as much as possible. Then you know what you like and also have the tools to do what needs to be done.

Sounds like ash is the frame for you. His invisibility lacks but he can effectively use arcane trickery with bladestorm and the naramon passives with melee as it has a synergy with bladestorm, what gives the same result on a far more offensive version.

You may wanna try volt and banshee while you're at it. These two offer unrivaled offensive support and work great if you know how to go at them.

Ash and Nova come to mind.

Ash lacks a true crowd-control option, though Blade Storm makes for pretty dead enemies pretty fast while being invincible for the entire animation.

Nova lacks true stealth, but Wormhole lets you teleport around enemies' lines of sight (and through Spy laser gates).

Ivara is the only frame that perfectly fits all four of your requirements. Just saying.

Personally I don't main any one frame but have several. Depending on the mission type that decides which of my frames are best for it.

My most used frame is Banshee but she is my favorite frame, and I can do almost any mission with her.

Sounds like you're looking for one frame to put all your effort into.