The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Synoid Simulor Appears To Really Need A Rebalance

(PSN)CL_Poloboyzz93

This is stupid and unlogical. Dunno if that guy was playing chroma but from what you're saying that he kills without effort and you can't even scratch enemies with your STigris, this must be a lie or just overly exaggeration.

User was a Trinity, i do not lie or over exaggerate. It took me many shots to bring down a non lancer unit while i was watching that person do it in a few. No need to get so uppity over it.

Edited by Misgenesis

This is stupid and unlogical. Dunno if that guy was playing chroma but from what you're saying that he kills without effort and you can't even scratch enemies with your STigris, this must be a lie or just overly exaggeration.

Low attack speed weapons without corrosive procs don't scale well into the late game. This is why the tigris and tonkor is over rated. You should know this by now, being MR21.

Edited by dmirtygorachyov

I think at this point the only that that's gonna move this discussion foward are videos showcasing and demonstrating the effectiveness of the weapon(Which I think has been done a page or two back, more wouldn't hurt though) and personal experiences with the weapon. Talking about how someone was being very effective with the weapon isn't that constructive because unless you know that person or actually asked them their loadout, you don't know if they were boosting that damage in some way be it mods or ability buffs.

From my personal viewpoint I do believe it is the strongest and probably most effective syndicate weapon in the game. For me I never had to be careful where I was aiming with this weapon it was always fire and forget. Defense in particular(before the changes) in sorties this was a very effective weapon due how easily you can lock down an area in an enemies path and watch the numbers shoot right up. Damage and placement is very easy to reset due to the alternate fire and can have enough ammo for an entire sortie mission. Crits, by the way, are insanely high for this weapon(and probably where most of the good damage comes from.)

Those are my thoughts on the matter. If not for how effective the AoE was for this weapon I would probably have placed the Rakta Cernos above it(Due to manual energy regen, amazing proc, and great damage with charge speed), but it's damage range is just really, really good plus I actually have to go out of my way to aim with the Cernos.

TLDR: Chromachromachromachroma

Hero of the most useless comment. Congratulations.

Low attack speed weapons without corrosive procs don't scale well into the late game. This is why the tigris and tonkor is over rated. You should know this by now, being MR21.

Stop getting bribed for saying synoid simulor is op. Corrosive procs? 4x corrosive projection my friend, slash damage my friend, but you can't know. Also, Tigris and Tonkor overrated. We heard it all guys, troll confirmed.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Hero of the most useless comment. Congratulations.

Stop getting bribed for saying synoid simulor is op. Corrosive procs? 4x corrosive projection my friend, slash damage my friend, but you can't know. Also, Tigris and Tonkor overrated. We heard it all guys, troll confirmed.

You still owe me some gameplay footage of your chroma. I'm still waiting.

So uhh, the augmented armor grineer interception sortie today. Someone had a SSim and was killing enemies with no effort whatsoever even at the last wave.

We're looking at like level 120 grineer with augmented armor. My STigris was tickling non lancer units at that point.

Something needs to be taken a look at here.

Strange, I had a dude with a Synoid Simulor on the 1st mission who did no damage at all.

Well maybe because he was downed all the time because he got slash proced all the time... Well even a max redirection frost prime can't beat game logics it seems.

Synoid Simulor is imbalanced simply because

-it has a large AOE range, in fact its a HUGE AOE RANGE, larger than almost every other AOE type weapon. 

-It also deals damage through walls, doors Obstacles etc. 

-Its ammo efficient

-It requires little skill to use, as real aiming is needed

-It also starts with 2 forma, and have a passive large range AOE that regens energy, one of the most useful procs

Vs

-Only short to mid range (which hardly matters in a game with mostly small maps)

-Damage falls off before some endgame weapons (which hardly matters since the game has no real endgame 100+ based around weapons)

-Less responsive than some hit-scan alternatives handled by skilled twitchy Counter-strike source players (hardly matters in a game that favors man spam where AOE is quicker)

I think a Slight reduction in range combined with no longer punching through walls (make punch through mods work for all AOE) would be a good way to balance this weapon.

I think weapon imbalance is exacerbated by the focus system.  With limited lenses people only apply focus to their most powerful weapons.  As a result they are essentially forced to use these weapons all of the time.

I used to run about with fun and cosmetic weapons (I found out supra was one of my most used) But currently because of focus farm requirement I run about with my "Lensed" Synoid Simulor for low level content, "Lensed" lanka/Torid/Tonkor for anything higher.

Often I join a sortie and see all 4 players holding a Synoid Simulor regardless of any Statistical, Max/Min considerations when the majority of my games feature 4 players using the same weapon in a game with over 200 weapons, We have a balance issue. 

Edited by Tatersail

I think a small power shift would do ok, reduced weapon aoe to something similar to the tonkor, however you have increased fire rate (slightly increased dps) and lower status procs. The only thing that gives it absurd value is its ease of use, lower aoe would make it harder and more satisfying to use.

-it has a large AOE range, in fact its a HUGE AOE RANGE, larger than almost every other AOE type weapon. 

-Its ammo efficient

-It also starts with 2 forma, and have a passive large range AOE that regens energy, one of the most useful procs

Vs

-Only short to mid range (which hardly matters in a game with mostly small maps)

-Damage falls off before some endgame weapons (which hardly matters since the game has no real endgame 100+ based around weapons)

-Less responsive than some hit-scan alternatives handled by skilled twitchy Counter-strike source players (hardly matters in a game that favors man spam where AOE is quicker)

I think a Slight reduction in range combined with no longer punching through walls (make punch through mods work for all AOE) would be a good way to balance this weapon.

I think weapon imbalance is exacerbated by the focus system.  With limited lenses people only apply focus to their most powerful weapons.  As a result they are essentially forced to use these weapons all of the time.

I used to run about with fun and cosmetic weapons (I found out supra was one of my most used) But currently because of focus farm requirement I run about with my "Lensed" Synoid Simulor for low level content, "Lensed" lanka/Torid/Tonkor for anything higher.

Often I join a sortie and see all 4 players holding a Synoid Simulor regardless of any Statistical, Max/Min considerations when the majority of my games feature 4 players using the same weapon in a game with over 200 weapons, We have a balance issue. 

-Its ammo efficient

Vs

Only reason to run syndicate symulor is for energy regen lol but then theres syndicate synoid gammacor with same effect so your post does what? Since i can run vaykor hek pentas tonkor torrid boltors somas quanta phage 

What do you expect? If your nerf another weapon comes to pass then its simply select another and your goal means nothing versus endless formas and gifts of the lotus reactors and catalysts every two weeks

Honestly I don't see a problem.  It is very powerful yes, maybe even OP.  But most matches I go in I don't see it.  It will get nerfed, i know that, I think they will over nerf it actually.  probably reduce its damage, remove its punch through, shorten its range and change it to sniper ammo with a smaller ammo cap.  I never really considered it a issue, the same as I don't consider the tonkor or sonicor or any other AoE weapon a probably, because lets face it, AoE weapons are going to kill more mods then none AoE, they do require less skill, they make higher level missions a lot easier.  So i'm in agreement with you that it is pretty strong, I do use it, I do switch back to my tigris as well, depends on what way i want to play the game at the time.  I want to have some fun, I'm taking my Tigris and double tapping they heavy gunner, if i'm being lazy yeah i will break out the ss and mirage.  But until someone starts to be required in every second post in recruiting, i'm not going to have any issue with it.  play how you want to play.  AoE will always be a issue with someone, weapon or frame it doesn't matter. 

I think a small power shift would do ok, reduced weapon aoe to something similar to the tonkor, however you have increased fire rate (slightly increased dps) and lower status procs. The only thing that gives it absurd value is its ease of use, lower aoe would make it harder and more satisfying to use.

No lol

The Only reason to run syndicate symulor is for energy regen lol 

We force it to do damage after six formas and catalyst and maxxed mods lol

The second theres another primary weapon with energy regen then the syndicate symulor is forgotten by me

Only reason to run syndicate symulor is for energy regen lol but then theres syndicate synoid gammacor with same effect so your post does what? Since i can run vaykor hek pentas tonkor torrid boltors somas quanta phage 

What do you expect? If your nerf another weapon comes to pass then its simply select another and your goal means nothing versus endless formas and gifts of the lotus reactors and catalysts every two weeks

I still don't get this.

"This weapon is OP. Nerf it and we'll just use the next best thing so it's pointless to nerf it."

This is exactly how we got to the point that we have a handful of weapons that are considered the best weapons to run and the vast majority of them are considered mastery fodder. Weapons need a sweeping change to make them overall more balanced while still giving a sense of progression without it being pretty much, "get this gun and you're set for your game lifetime," as far as success and only success goes.

No lol

The Only reason to run syndicate symulor is for energy regen lol 

We force it to do damage after six formas and catalyst and maxxed mods lol

The second theres another primary weapon with energy regen then the syndicate symulor is forgotten by me

I have zero forma in my Synoid Simulor and I can still compete in any and all Sortie situations. It's not just the damage. It's the other effects it has, including energy regen.

Energy regen, alone, isn't a good enough reason to run the weapon and you're fooling yourself if you think that's the only reason you actually use it. That'd be like telling me the only reason I like the Rakta Cernos is the energy regen and not the super fast fire rate and super useful viral proc.

Edited by Chipputer

I still don't get this.

"This weapon is OP. Nerf it and we'll just use the next best thing so it's pointless to nerf it."

This is exactly how we got to the point that we have a handful of weapons that are considered the best weapons to run and the vast majority of them are considered mastery fodder. Weapons need a sweeping change to make them overall more balanced while still giving a sense of progression without it being pretty much, "get this gun and you're set for your game lifetime," as far as success and only success goes.

I have zero forma in my Synoid Simulor and I can still compete in any and all Sortie situations. It's not just the damage. It's the other effects it has, including energy regen.

Energy regen, alone, isn't a good enough reason to run the weapon and you're fooling yourself if you think that's the only reason you actually use it. That'd be like telling me the only reason I like the Rakta Cernos is the energy regen and not the super fast fire rate and super useful viral proc.

I still don't get this.

D forma rejuvenation aura frost prime health regen

Choices for energy regen  1 trin? Trin? Trin? Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls Bless pls

Or an energy regen weapon 

Is this concept of energy regen that hard to comprehend?

Versus spam recruitment with pathetic Trin Trin Trin Trin Trin need Trin need Trin need Trin 

Try todays sortie with a zero formas syndicate symulor lol

Everybody today ran tonkors pentas boltor soma  i ran with a quanta 

Its pointless to try and nerf in a pve game lol

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy

Try todays sortie with a zero formas syndicate symulor lol

Everybody today ran tonkors pentas boltor soma  i ran with a quanta 

Its pointless to try and nerf in a pve game lol

True. At the very least, DO NOT NERF THE MECHANICALLY DISTINCT WEAPONS, because those distinctions make them harder to use that A-Click.

SS is far from being a problem for the game. People who post here are a minimal percentage of the active player base - I myself have everything in-game and kind of nothing else to do and got less than 10 posts. Even fewer are the ones bothered with how a weapon behaves compared to others, so every post - for or against something - should be taken lightly.

Jesus.. why not just raise all underused weapons' damage by a huge amount instead of destroying precious ways to cheese the game? The game was made to be cheesed by people who grinded enough and spend a ton of time to obtain and forma all that sweet equipment, otherwise we wouldn't have quite a few enemy mechanics that make SS, Tonkor, S Tigris, V Hek and a few other weapons (and frames) so attractive.

It's not a competitive game. It's not an ability demanding game. It's a grind-fest. It works just the way MMOs do, giving power-creep to players who actually worked for and get satisfaction from it. In fact, Syndicate primaries should have a much higher MR requirement... let's say 20, so there would actually be a valid reason to get to these levels, so the rewards would be much more... rewarding.

Synoid Gammacor nerf was a mistake. Everybody just jumped to the next best thing and NOTHING changed. All underused secondaries should just be buffed instead. God knows why Lex P got a buff, and why Sonicor is one of the best things since sliced bread because of its utility.

We do need a balance, but nerfing weapons/frames that should be an example on how EVERY weapon and frame should be power/utility-wise is not the solution - there will always be a *next one* on the nerf list this way, and some bitter and angry people will never be satisfied.

TL;DR: SS, Tonkor and friends should be an example on which level all weapons should be powered up to; same is valid for frames. Make everything equally satisfying to use!

Synoid Gammacor nerf was a mistake. Everybody just jumped to the next best thing and NOTHING changed. All underused secondaries should just be buffed instead. God knows why Lex P got a buff, and why Sonicor is one of the best things since sliced bread because of its utility.

Damn striaght it was. People are just doing this because htey are upset with Suda.

Ever heard of powercreep?

enemies are getting strong too. aint no thing

This is coming from someone who has NEVER brought up a nerf discussion in my entire gaming career, I don't even know how to go about it. The synoid simulor, this gun is seriously OP (and that's not a word I use lightly on a forum), This gun is capable of just...Man. With NOTHING but a catalyst or trash mods this gun clears whole rooms instantly, in trouble? Detonate for garunteed stun proc, place vortex's that have an actually really decent range for the weapon archetype... I've personally went through endless missions where the enemies level didnt even really matter by the end.. The stack damage is so insane paired with a great mag size that it just becomes OP, 100x more when it's max modded. Overall, this gun's stack damage needs a nerf, I don't even know if that'd fix it... I've literally put down every weapon for this, until it's nerfed, I dont think i'll ever use ANY weapon that isnt fodder, again. JS. No point. #SynoidGammacorIssuesRiseAgain ... The thing is like a weaponized saryn, you should fix.

From the small number of posts and the fact that you are on PS4, I assume you haven't been around for very long.

Warframe has had issues with an overflow of weak weapons, decent weapons and a couple of strong weapons. When the Soma was released, it was the be all end all. It had what players were looking for just to get through mid to early late game which other weapons were struggling with.

But you weren't around during the early CB days when Hek was incredibly powerful, back then the Hek was a shotgun that thought it was a sniper rifle and outclassed every other weapon in the game. Though there were only a handful of weapons back then and Hek was the only MR4 weapon and that thing was @(*()$ stupid in a good way. But DE saw it and nerfed it, now we have Vaykor Hek with some good range, almost feels like CB Hek, just far weaker.

It also doesn't sound like you understand how Mastery Rank works, alotta players are doing Draco for the Focus gains, that doesn't increase your Mastery Rank, only leveling up weapons and frames increases Mastery.

100 XP per level up to level 30 for weapons and 300 XP per level up to level 30 for a Warframe, You no longer gain XP towards MR if you Forma a weapon or a frame. Or maybe you do know how MR works but are being blindsided by a weapon that still takes time to earn.

For me it took about 2 1/2 years to reach MR12, but only because I had been here when Warframe barely had the number of weapons it has today and most of them I haven't used yet. Like S#&$ I still need to master Aklato and Afuris, Warframes OG dual secondaries.

Warframe still doesn't have many strong weapons, they're still shadowed by an ever over flowing number of Mastery Fodder.

I'd rather we not poison the forums with cries for nerfing endgame weapons. Best not to have another repeat of this, look at what happened to release Nova ( if you were around when that happened )

Edited by __Kanade__

I'd rather we not poison the forums with cries for nerfing endgame weapons. Best not to have another repeat of this, look at what happened to release Nova ( if you were around when that happened )

Preach!

Enemies are as strong as they have been for the past year. They still can't shoot through the CC spam.

those guys with the fancy hats are a thing now. level 100 enemies are new standard and are tougher