Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Jetpack

alexmach1

Nice! Looking better by the moment. Can't wait to maybe possibly see some early texturing?

Also, I can no longer unsee the Netch shape of the main body.

Still, this looks super cool and I wanna get my hands on it. XP

EDIT; As an aside, in relation to the Grineer logo, sometimes the logo is black. You could leave it untintable and make the diffuse darker on it, that way you have the symbol but don't have to sacrifice tintmasks/colors for it. It also doesn't have to be huge, as often the logo is super tiny anyways.

Also, patterning. You could check out the nightwatch camo and do something like that, or go the desert/forest camo route, or something based off of those, anyways. Just some ideas.

Edited by KaraOgata

An early prototype for the Grineer's aerial combat enhancement. While several spontaneous combustions forced this model into obsoletion, this did not stop several trendy grineer from mass-producing it for cosmetic purposes only*.

Apparently, the design looks more stable than a bunch of Hellion rockets duct-taped together in comparison.

Looking forward to see more updates with your Jetpack. :3

Lookin' amazing!

Still wish it was bigger though... Height and width wise.

Have you tried scaling it up at all?

I feel like it should at least be even with Excals shoulders (width) and the tail piece reaching his lower back (if he had a tramp stamp, it would just cover it).

Keep up the great work!

I would make the whole thing slightly bigger in comparison to the Warframe.

Also, have you considered making a Corpus syandana? The only options currently are the credit cape and Perin Sequence syandana. Both of which have their drawbacks. It would be awesome to have a Corpus back-piece that lets me make Valkyr look even more Corpus-y.

Seeing it on the back of Excalibur (I assume) from that angle, it really does look too small in my opinion.

I honestly feel like if you doubled the size it wouldn't be too much! Ok, maybe not doubled but a good amount could work well and show off those intricate details all the more!

Play around and see what you think... It's your work, so do what you feel is best of course.

Can't wait to see it finished and again, fantastic work!

Let us see some different sizes if your not sure :]

Seeing it on the back of Excalibur (I assume) from that angle, it really does look too small in my opinion.

I honestly feel like if you doubled the size it wouldn't be too much! Ok, maybe not doubled but a good amount could work well and show off those intricate details all the more!

Play around and see what you think... It's your work, so do what you feel is best of course.

Can't wait to see it finished and again, fantastic work!

Let us see some different sizes if your not sure :]

I'm mostly concerned about exceeding the allowed size, but I'll post some size comparisons later. Currently working on simplifying the patterns to look closer to the grineer ships.

I'm mostly concerned about exceeding the allowed size, but I'll post some size comparisons later. Currently working on simplifying the patterns to look closer to the grineer ships.

Try to make it wider if possible. For a jetpack it seems too skinny. (The wider the rockets are from eachother the better flight control it would have). I know it's not meant to actually function, but still.

Baked the maps, did some initial masking + colors, gonna work on the camo pattern tomorrow. Apologies for the textures, as p3d only allows 1024x1024 jpegs. Green color not final.

The white areas indicate exposed metal.

Jetpack Lowpoly (View in 3D)
pjI4h.jpg

It's...beautiful...

Brings a tear to my eye :)

For the 4th tint, I can't decide if it should be the unpainted body (ala the ignis, twin basolk) or the exposed metal parts (ala the ack&brunt, ogris). The other 3 tints are the paint, the patterns, and the tubes.

On one hand, making it the metal would allow some nice trims but leave a large area uncolorable.

On the other, making it the body would make the entire thing colorable at the cost of not being able to have that sweet orokin golde trim.

Alternatively, I can force the patterns to be always white ala the ack&brunt, but that would limit customizing a pretty major part of the design.

I also messed with the scale a bit, and I think 125% scale works well. (comparison shot on the right)

jetpack13.jpg

Edited by alexmach1

Not sure those hexagons fit the Grineer aesthetic. I'd say just make it look like the Grineer Dargyns. Maybe you could add some camo to it as well. You definitely want it to be colorable.

If we use this as an example:

pjI4h.jpg

Then I'd say, make sure the blue, orange, and white parts of the jetpack are completely colorable. The dark gray part can be uncolorable, if need be.

Reference for Grineer camo:

ForestHellion.png

Dargyn reference:

GrnSkiff.pngGrnSkiffMissileShield.pngGrnSkiffMissile.pngGrnSkiffShield.png