Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Eggs

(PSN)Dahkeyrias

Question

If you think Kubrow egg drop rates are bad then you are going to be fairly disappointed when the rest of the things you need to build are even harder to obtain due to the RNG system, such as prime weapons/frames and even some the newer frames such as Ivara (unless you buy her off market.) Furthermore, would recommend only posting the one topic, not the same topic 3 times over, unless something bugged up and it triple posted?

15 runs? that's all?  I quite literally did over 100 runs mostly in a row to get my egg for the quest.  Not knowing that every earth planet that spawns dens has a chance to drop them.  After getting the egg for the quest I did another earth node just to complete all nodes and got two eggs within an hour.  Of course, I couldn't pick them up, already had one. LOL.

Good luck and if you hate the grind, that's what plat is for.

You should have gotten your first one via the quest to be honest. I think it was bad form to have that quest as they did--especially when you're just starting out and kubrows are a credit sink when you're at such a low level. 

If I remember correctly, I needed a couple of runs of that final mission in the quest to get an egg. I think it was the "formal" introduction to grinding =D

Update 18.3 (13 Jan 2016)

Changes

• Kubrow Egg drop rate has been increased overall
  • Kubrow Egg drop rate increased significantly when playing the Howl of the Kubrow Quest during the Egg hunting Mission.
Edited by Ojimaru

15 runs? that's all?  I quite literally did over 100 runs mostly in a row to get my egg for the quest.  Not knowing that every earth planet that spawns dens has a chance to drop them.  After getting the egg for the quest I did another earth node just to complete all nodes and got two eggs within an hour.  Of course, I couldn't pick them up, already had one. LOL.

I had a similar experience. Not 100 runs but 50+ runs before getting an egg. And when I was helping a friend the same evening I also got two additional drops. I remember laughing hysterically. 

Well, just in case anyone was reading this thread who is new and worried about this, the latest update increased the egg spawn rates by default, and even more so when doing the actual quest, so people shouldn't have to worry about it much assuming it worked.

Obviously anyone who keeps up with the game will know this, but some newbies (keeping in mind I am one) browsing this section might get worried because of the thread and chicken out of the game or something, so I figured I'd post the update.

Everest, best map to farm them. Just keep going at it. Maybe pick up volt and rush trough them? Pretty efficient way.

I have to disagree, Everest is Exterminate and with the way those missions are working now with having to chase respawning guys all over the the damn map it takes a lot longer to do runs. 

Personally I think Pacific is best because it's a capture mission. So you run in capture the guy and then just destroy the dens and get out. Much much faster.  It also has a good amount of dens, usually 4-6 per run. I got one there last night :)

Edited by Acebaur

Everest, best map to farm them. Just keep going at it. Maybe pick up volt and rush trough them? Pretty efficient way.

Incorrect, and never ever was correct.

Personally I think Pacific is best because it's a capture mission.

Mantle will suffice too, I think.

Glad I saw this bit about the update. I've run that "howl of the kubrow" quest about 20 times over the last couple days and was starting to get mildly frustrated. I get the RNG bit but I didn't think it'd be that bad for something so close to the beginning of the game (I've only got about 6 days logged in).

I sat at the market thinking for a few moments and eventually decided I didn't want to waste platinum on something that I could work for and easily get with just some time. Besides im leveling my weapons at the same time lol

I have to disagree, Everest is Exterminate and with the way those missions are working now with having to chase respawning guys all over the the damn map it takes a lot longer to do runs.

Personally I think Pacific is best because it's a capture mission. So you run in capture the guy and then just destroy the dens and get out. Much much faster. It also has a good amount of dens, usually 4-6 per run. I got one there last night :)

Why would you finish the mission farming for eggs? Just rush trough, farm the HIGHEST QUANTITY OF DENS and only ever finish the mission if you get something that's actually worth keeping.