Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Deluxe Skin (The Dragon [2.0] Revisited)

MetalFlame05179

Fancy! I can allmost picture this as an oriental version of chroma, a sleeker more serpentine pelt and the warframe wearing it more dragonlike as well.

It was exactly what I wanted to do with this, I am glad you see it too.

@ MetlFlame05179

Yes, Chroma is too slow for me.

@danielbacon @Genesis02

thanks ;)

Does anyone know if they let you remodel the character altogether like they do for the fancy skins or is it just a color scheme like what is in the workshop so far?  If so I bet Chroma will be a hard one to do just for the 3 different character shapes and I wounder how the base and effigy look/work in-game once remolded, or if you could change the energy wings he has as well in it. 

Is your question in reffering to what the steam workshop allows you to do? If so I have absolutely no idea since I have never worked with it nor any idea how to lol. But if your asking as far as to creating new concept than I believe the answer is Ofcourse recreate, form, generate anything your imagination so very well desires. What does a dragon themed warframe, using the current chroma design as a sculpting base, look like to you? Merged form, Frame, Effigy.

Does anyone know if they let you remodel the character altogether like they do for the fancy skins or is it just a color scheme like what is in the workshop so far?  If so I bet Chroma will be a hard one to do just for the 3 different character shapes and I wounder how the base and effigy look/work in-game once remolded, or if you could change the energy wings he has as well in it. 

In the workshop, it is not specified "sculpt" for Chroma, so this only a color theme.

In the workshop, it is not specified "sculpt" for Chroma, so this only a color theme.

That's what I was think how it work out in there. I wounder if they'll put out the model thing too since they said something in the stream a bit ago about "If you want a high res skin(like excal,nyx, rhino, and so forth) fast try it out in the workshop with other players" or something like that.  Ever since I heard that I was thinking that the model thing was already in and not just for the helm.   Also MetalFlame05179 I was thinking a bit of both since Chroma with out his pelt has a model that cant really be messed with presently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Just noticing the threads momentum went a bit cold with nearly 3 months of stillness so I was just wondering... Anyone got any doodles, drawings, concepts, etc. regarding any ideas or interest for a new chroma skin? @Andromede how's the that "Raptor" like concept you drew a while back? Any new designs or detail to it? Amazing work would love to see more. 

Edited by MetalFlame05179

9 hours ago, MetalFlame05179 said:

Hey everyone! Just noticing the threads momentum went a bit cold with nearly 3 months of stillness so I was just wondering... Anyone got any doodles, drawings, concepts, etc. regarding any ideas or interest for a new chroma skin? @Andromede how's the that "Raptor" like concept you drew a while back? Any new designs or detail to it? Amazing work would love to see more. 

Thing is, where do the most drastic change happen?

The Pelt is covering the body most of the time, and yet the body is a bit plain, so it should allso be reworked.

I would like an eastern design. That would be really cool.

Found This online. Seems a little simplistic but I believe it might still be an improvement for being without the effigy... with a couple tweaks by DE to make it more "Frammy"

Dragon Humanoid Concept Art by maugryph

Definitely prefer to have more dragon like paws for feet rather then his clown feet. No beer belly lol. and most important.....

TAIL!!!!!! XD

Dragotha02.jpg

Amazing looking skeleton dragon to look at for some inspiration for an Undead Bone Dragon Skin for Chroma. Would be awesome if ever released and at a peak time of relevance during Halloween XD

Trick or Treat!! Smell my feet, give me something good to eat!!!

Translation:

Suffer or Roast in Flames!! Be Crushed by my Might!! For I Shall FEEEEED on your soul TONIGHT!!!! 

I know at this point im just copy and pasting a ton of stuff off google but I cant help myself there is just so much to go on that would make such a bloody F*ing awesome chroma...

ccb11f78c924bb101e628468249ca416.jpg

dragon_elements_of_dark_souls_2__mundane

I also found interesting how this 2nd image^^^ holds his dagger in his left hand, It rests in between his claws. that would really be an interesting individual usage mechanic for him, just to add that "unique flare". LOL

Addition of "Raptor" inspiration

I wounder for his DE fancy skin if they'll go more for the theme of the frame (aka dragon) or the first concept Endrian made, also I wounder how his passive is going to work with all of his powers and if they work that in to the idea of the fancy skin ( I can't for the life of me remember what they call the "fancy skin's" in game)

1 hour ago, danielbacon said:

I wounder how his passive is going to work with all of his powers 

DE currently has his passive set as his elemental types being decided by his energies color scheme.

I feel that needs to be altered into possibly an Elemental resistance when encountered with active element or A temporary buff on contact with the same active element type.

^This being similar to energy cracks in the moon tiles sets, just without having to wall latch, just by standing on one of those Ice/Fire "ponds" and etc.  

ALSO

I feel his needs 3 things added:

• 1) Ivaras arrow alternating mechanic. Minor changes though:

-1st, The arrow markers would have to be altered to basic elemental markers (Fire/ Ice/ Toxic/ Electricity)

-2nd, The buffs would have to either:

Be erased and the timer nulled and on recast the new element buff is used

OR 

The previous element buff remains until the initial timer ends if not re-casted OVER by the new element.

• 2) Focusing on his range, best would be an addition of the Ignis buff. Even with max range mods neither of his 1st (Spectral Scream) or 2nd (Elemental Ward) abilities reach farther than the distance of a hug.

^This would really allow more people that enjoy a more supportive role to really use him in that manner and have his buffs suitable for the squad more over himself.

• 3) and Last but certainly not least, I would greatly advise his 4th (Effigy) to be toggled into two versions:

-1st version may remain as is, that being its Sentinel form fixed onto defending one location...

-2nd version would be after activating the sentinel and pressing the 4th ability key a second time, instead of the effigy returning to his original state as it does now, the pelt merges back to chromas location but with its wings still active and enters a more dragonic flight mode. (Similar to the same cinematic mechanic when the AW is launched)

This would be implementing the archwing mechanics(I guess) just with more boundaries as far as the walls and other obstacle's and etc. The only dps firing devise available would be the spectral scream and CC Roar the effigy applies. Both the 1st ability key + Firing key would be the only available for usage. (No weapons allowed) 

If either the elemental ward (2nd) or the Vex armor (3rd) were active before the DM (Dragon mode) was put into play, they would remain functioning until the end of their individual timers, same as they are now.