Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Is Exited For The Rapier.

(PSN)robonot2

I, being a fencer myself, doing the sport for many years now, love the idea for this weapon. The charge attack is awesome but I wish it would be faster. Anyone else think It looks and functions like a saber and epee combined? Who else would like to see stances to make it function like the real world fencing swords, like a sabre one which focuses on slashes, and a foil for hitting the chest?

Edited by (PS4)robonot2

Another mastery fodder to my mastery rank.

Trust me, that weapon won't be the most OP one handed "sword" weapon yet. Prolly 10-15 weapons later, of the same type.

I get that, but ima fencer. I will use this weapon on everything even if it is trash, which it kind of is because it could not kill level ones.

I hope it holsters at the hip like the nikanas, I hate how swords go on the back

If It doesn't it's not a true sparring weapon

I get that, but ima fencer. I will use this weapon on everything even if it is trash, which it kind of is because it could not kill level ones.

If It doesn't it's not a true sparring weapon

Most melee weapons can't kill Earth level enemies in one normal hit unranked and without mods.

However this made me realize - what will its slide attack be? It can't be the typical twirling swing can it? This IS a rapier after all. I wonder if they'll change it to something that fits a piercing based weapon?

Not usually my favorite weapon type but we'll see.

The very first time I played Limbo I thought to myself.... I need to color this guy black and use a Rapier... He just has like a vampire/gothic kind of vibe with me somehow. Haven't really played Limbo since I leveled him for mastery either. Going to have to break him out and use him to master the Rapier. Maybe put a forma on him in the process.

Edited by VKhaun

I am and have been hyped since it was announced to be in the works. It looks nicer than the original 3D model they showed so that's cool. 

I just hope the stance isn't horrible to get and that the weapon has good enough stats to be used in end game content, I expect puncture damage to be the main, so armor enemies would be dying easily.

I think it looks like a hybrid of a sabre and an epee, and being a hybrid I'd like to see stances that mix and match the moves, or ones that stick exclusive to rapid piercing strikes for more single target dps and others that focus on the schools for the sabre, etc.

Also inb4 Asuna cosplays everywhere.

Edited by Evanescent

I'm kinda on the fence about the rapier's animations. Yeah, sure, they're cool, but they kinda lack "grace", if you know what I mean. I'm sure the animations would be more polished by the time it is released.

Other than that, I'm pretty interested in how it would feel to use.

Most melee weapons can't kill Earth level enemies in one normal hit unranked and without mods.

However this made me realize - what will its slide attack be? It can't be the typical twirling swing can it? This IS a rapier after all. I wonder if they'll change it to something that fits a piercing based weapon?

You saw the stas? DE doesn´t treat it like a piercing weapon they made a slash weapon out of it so it will probably be the standard slide attack.

I, being a fencer myself, doing the sport for many years now, love the idea for this weapon. The charge attack is awesome but I wish it would be faster. Anyone else think It looks and functions like a saber and epee combined? Who else would like to see stances to make it function like the real world fencing swords, like a sabre one which focuses on slashes, and a foil for hitting the chest?

Foil, epee or saber fencer?

I'm kinda on the fence about the rapier's animations. Yeah, sure, they're cool, but they kinda lack "grace", if you know what I mean. I'm sure the animations would be more polished by the time it is released.

Other than that, I'm pretty interested in how it would feel to use.

That might have been unintentional but that pun.

*excited

I guess he didn't C that coming?

*leaves thread*

Edited by 321agemo

You saw the stas? DE doesn´t treat it like a piercing weapon they made a slash weapon out of it so it will probably be the standard slide attack.

They appear to be placeholder stats, since on the stream it was a slightly worse Jaw Sword.

No clue why they would hide it's true stats, unless it was super strong or something.