Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wrong Face In Transmissions (and other Operator appearance bugs)

Katinka

5 hours ago, Katinka said:

That would be my hypothesis but the problem pre-dates update 18.5 since this thread was started during 18.2.4.  It may even have been an unnoticed issue since 18, when the operators were introduced.  Nice composite picture to display the problem though.

Could also be that the problem has expanded since the update?

I'm guessing some of the new 18.5 expressions are causing fallback cases on faces where they didn't previously exist?

On 1/11/2016 at 4:44 PM, Katinka said:

z7kCiQW.jpg

On the left is my operator (with a slight photo-bombing by my kubrow, Ray).  On the right is some imposter that occasionally pops up.

Here's a larger shot of my operator on board the liset to confirm what she's supposed to look like:

Oh, for the love of god...this happens to me, too. Always with the giant lips and upturned nose. So frustrating...

In addition, it's been present literally since the Second Dream, because I raced to finish it after it was released, and the face did that even around the first day after the quest was released. I'm with everyone else: it seems like a potentially array glitch, where the game isn't calling for the specific item in the array, but the array itself, and getting the first value returned every time.

Essentially, a programming safeguard against crashes, but which can result in unintended behaviour. I imagine that some operator messages are simply missing a bit of code to specify which cell in the array needs to be accessed, and it just defaults to the first value, resulting in the same wrong face for everyone.

Edited by GamingVirtue
Clarification of timing and reasoning behind glitch

1 hour ago, Grimlock84 said:

YoWait, the operators face is supposed to appear in some missions? i've never seen it happen before

You must complete Second Dream and check if the option is "on". Currently players may disable transmitions from the operator.

• 4 weeks later...

As of 18.8.1 this is still happening.  I really liked the new hair styles previewed in the devstream and I'm quite excited about the idea of further customisation of the operator but not getting the options we choose ruins it somewhat.

Edited by Katinka

• 3 weeks later...

When I saw...

On 29/04/2016 at 6:04 PM, DERebecca said:

·         Fixed Operators appearance resetting to default after a Host Migration.

...in the update notes, I thought that might be it but no.  Still getting the wrong face half the time.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shyguyk said:

Usually my operator's face changes with the tone of what he's saying. Probably the same for you guys

We all know that the faces have been made more expressive but this is more than just a change in expression.  This is changing from the face we have selected to the first face option.  Being angry doesn't change the size of your lips, nose and jaw line.  I've seen my operator angry and I've seen the other face angry too.

17 minutes ago, Sajmonaki said:

We got new uptade for operators yay. Guy's I don't know, maybe I got broken game or schizophrenia or something but still i see wrong face after first transmission. 

You're not the only one, the bug is still here.

Not only is this bug still there, we now have a new bug that means we get the wrong hair colour when using our Focus ability.

Spoiler

E1zfUgQ.jpg?1

Her hair should be red like in my previous pictures. 

I hadn't changed any of her colours but I think it's taken one of the colours from my alternative Mag colour scheme that I use for New Loka missions.

19 minutes ago, Enemaro said:

Since 18.0.4. and still present in 18.14.2, DE is really caring about the "most hyped" things in the game.

Only half a year. Maybe problem is that on Devbuild there isn't any problem with that?