The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Build: Utility Or Elemental

NuggetsTheCat

Question

How do people recommend building the Tonkor? My current set up is entirely crit but I'm not sure what I should do with the last couple of slots.

xm9002.jpg

I was thinking of formaing to add a reload and magazine boost (can never remember the actual names) but wasn't sure whether that was a good idea. Should i be sticking an elemental combo in there instead? Or is it perhaps not necessary to have all the crit mods?

9 answers to this question

You can do without Hammer Shot (it's terrible) and Ammo Mutation (this thing has a very good ammo economy, you kill groups with a single shot).

I would personally put in three different elements (according to the faction) and one reload mod. Magazine size is not worth it. I like having Firestorm to enhance the explosion range, but it takes away some damage.

I'd also avoid Heavy Caliber. The trajectory of the rolling balls is iffy and I hate how Heavy Caliber allows them to just shoot all over the place.

I drop Sniper Ammo Mutation and Split Chamber for Critical Delay, Firestorm, and (currently) 2 +stat/+elemental mods. However, I also use it pretty much exclusively with Ivara and Navigator. If I were using it with another Warframe I'd have Split Chamber on it.

[Edit] Hmm, may have to play with fitting Heavy Caliber on to it with Ivara.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

it's not like you can snipe with the Tonkor

I'll have to respectfully disagree there, good sir and / or madam,

ballistic snipes are very much possible (and fun) in this game.

As for the build, Firestorm and at least 2x 90% Elements are a must IMO,

Hammer Shot and Sniper Ammo Mutation aren't really needed

while e.g. Terminal Velocity or (Primed) Fast Hands make for better performance outside of damage.

I use this build. You can still snipe with Heavy Cal and wouldn't use the gun with out it as the extra damage is worth it.

You could switch firestorm for a reload mod for extra dps, but it isn't really needed with how much damage this thing does ( I see 180k crits all day in T4D/S) and would rather have the blast range.

euhHJDJ.jpg

Edited by mrwald0