Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes, You Need To Watch Out!

EternalOdyessy

Thanks for something off Wikipedia...

Sorry forgot it was 2007 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=social+engineering

I did, but I don't particularly believe it.

Lol if I say my mom teaches information security classes would that make you feel better?

The point is this is an overreaction they aren't even targeting game companies.

Edited by immolator1001

It's a pretty big community, isn't it? That's reason enough for hackers to get themselves out there.

There are much better targets with bigger audiences , few examples are like TF2,Minecraft,CSGO Youtubers with millions of subs. Your being paranoid there are so many other things they can hack assuming they have the ability to hack DE in the first place.

I've followed this whole story with Markiplier and ALLEGEDLY his youtube account was hacked because his gmail account shared the same password as some other small website that was compromised. 

Warframe won't be touched unless one of the staff members just has their password laying around.

Edited by BurgerB

No, it doesn't. How do I know if you're not pulling this out of your arse just to win a argument?

I've followed this whole story with Markiplier and ALLEGEDLY his youtube account was hacked because his gmail account shared the same password as some other small website that was compromised. 

Warframe won't be touched unless one of the staff members just has their password laying around.

Oh look supposedly they got his email password...

(PS I wasn't citing a parent as a source I was saying that's why I'd heard about social engineering)

Edited by immolator1001

That's what I should be hoping for, I guess. That the hacker group is just amateurs that have been getting lucky.

Oh look supposedly they got his email password...

That's COMPLETELY unrelated, yet again to what I just said. Is your mother no longer relevant?

Well, neither are your arguments. I'm not responding to you.

I'm at least giving DE the heads up in case the hacker group CAN perform hacks on servers like what their tweets say.

No, it doesn't. How do I know if you're not pulling this out of your arse just to win a argument?

Probably not. He's just striving to find whether it is not a waste of time posting this topic on the forums. He's like the prosecutor in the court and we're the defence. I believe it is still good for DE to keep this in mind, even though due to the lack of evidence, it might be improbable.   

That's what I should be hoping for, I guess. That the hacker group is just amateurs that have been getting lucky.

That's COMPLETELY unrelated, yet again to what I just said. Is your mother no longer relevant?

I'm at least giving DE the heads up in case the hacker group CAN perform hacks on servers like what their tweets say.

Agreed.

Probably not. He's just striving to find whether it is not a waste of time posting this topic on the forums. He's like the prosecutor in the court and we're the defence. I believe it is still good for DE to keep this in mind, even though due to the lack of evidence, it might be improbable.   

I'm not posting here to convince DE not to worry, I'm posting here to convince players not to worry.

Since you never read my explanation of how they hacked youtubers in the first place can we really say you were responding in the first place?

Edited by immolator1001

I don't know the history of these guys, but hacking into the entirety of Warframe Servers would be incredibly difficult for anyone unless a staff member had their password lying around.

Someone could DDOS (aka spamming the server with messages until it cries due to the load) the Warframe Servers, but not actually hack into in the servers itself.

Edited by BurgerB

I don't know the history of these guys, but hacking into the entirety of Warframe Servers would be incredibly difficult unless a staff member had their password lying around.

Someone could DDOS (aka spamming the server with messages until it cries due to the load) the Warframe Servers, but not actually hack into in the servers itself.

I think Lizard Squad has successfully DDOS'd warframe in the past, or at least some group did.

I'm not posting here to convince DE not to worry, I'm posting here to convince players not to worry.

Since you never read my explanation of how they hacked youtubers in the first place can we really say you were responding in the first place?

I don't think there is any need to continue this argument. We are here to deliver this message in DE's mind so that they know. You are convincing players to not worry. Thank you immolator1001 for clarifying again your purpose.

Hacking into a server =/= DDOS. They're two very different things, and simply saying that they can hack servers doesn't mean they actually can. History has plenty of examples of people simply bluffing their way through things with no way to back it up.

That, and a DDOS attack can be performed by just about anyone. There's no real thinking needed for it, and accounts are never in danger because of it. It's just a disruption of service.

I hate if I'm being blunt here but telling DE  "there's some hacker group out that might get them" is like telling DE "you might be financially at risk"

They're both redundant because there's someone who's paid to manage security and someone who is paid to manage finances.

Edited by BurgerB

How do you know? Are you apart of them? 

Honest, how do you dismiss them so easily? Have you hacked before?

i have and ill tell you what nothing short of government grade equipment and software DE does not have access to no matter how much money they throw at it will stop a hacker all you can do is minimize the amount of time they have once they are in your system. its not like you can slap digital Kevlar on your servers hacking is ages ahead of cyber security atm.

letting DE know there is a group that hacks is like saying there are terrorists out there DE knows that and takes the necessary precautions to not make a target of themselves while not leaving themselves open to the preventable attacks. other than that there is nothing they can do and nothing you can do.

PS: this is why game developers back up all accounts and game assets.

Edited by Pridesfury

*looks at thread and wonders if I should be worried*

*looks at games in steam library*

OH HEY OTHER GAMES TO PLAY :D

yeah I don't give a S#&$.  if these guys are openly saying what they're going to hack on social media, I think I'd label them more as attention @#&*(s instead of hackers.  They probably can't even do much lol

*looks at thread and wonders if I should be worried*

*looks at games in steam library*

OH HEY OTHER GAMES TO PLAY :D

yeah I don't give a S#&$.  if these guys are openly saying what they're going to hack on social media, I think I'd label them more as attention @#&*(s instead of hackers.  They probably can't even do much lol

ddos and random guesses at your security questions by the looks of their work thus far

Here. Use this:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Type your email in that and it'll tell you if you've ever had passwords leaked by a company.

It's likely that is where they get their "Skills" from. These look like script kiddies and even then that's giving them too much credit.

Guess what. It's likely that they got Markipliers account because he still had his adobe account password being used on his youtube. A lot of people here probably haven't changed their passwords in years.

I'm being very generous even calling them script kiddies. They're more like glorified google searchers.

Edited by Lilliannette