The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could I Have Some Advice As To How To Know When I'm Good Enough For High- Level Missions?

DrakeArron

Question

So, I think this is my third thread here now, so apologies for that, however this is something I can't seem to find any information about anywhere, and I'd rather ask it here then in chat with a friend in- game in case I need to save this information.

So, on to the question-

Originally I was thinking about this with the highest level planets, that have 31+ missions, but I figured I'd be able to get to those eventually. However I'm coming up on rank 4, and that means I'll be able to do sorties if I want to, however I hear they have level 60 to 100 enemies. The problem is, I already have trouble with the 31+ missions, so I have no idea at what power level I'd b able to easily attempt the sorties. I think I know how to get there- by forma'ing and orokin'ing my frames and armor as much as I can, as well as making sure all mods equipped are upgraded to their max. But is doing the forma and orokins as much as feasibly possible until I can't anymore the only possible point at which I'd be able to attempt them? I"d assume not, considering if it were that way I'd expect to have to reach a much higher rank before being able to attempt the sorties. I looked at the wiki, and have perused what guides I could find that seemed to be related to the topic, but couldn't find anything.

So, whats the general range of power that I can expect to need to do them? Will I even be able to any time soon, or is the rank being so low some kind of fluke? Thanks for any help that can be offered, hope I didn't sound too clueless!

Sincerely,

Drake

Oh, damn. I meant to post this in the players helping players topic, but happened to be browsing general at the time and forgot. Sorry >.<.

If Moving threads from one area of the forums to another is possible, could a mod do that for me? Thanks!

Edited by DrakeArron

Well, rank doesn't necessarily make it easier to do higher lvl'd missions, it's kind of subjective really, someone with rank 6 or even 8 can die multiple times. You could still probably do the sorties with a pub squad and be fine, but you'll get decimated on solo.

What I would do is get to MR5 and get the Tonkor. It's really beast. With Serration and Split Chamber with Crit mods and a elemental combo, the star chart/void/sortie won't stand a chance.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

For higher lvl you need at least one very good weapon and a frame that you can use.

For example:

Tonkor is a very good primary that you can use after reaching mastery 5.

Some of the Syndicate secondaries also good that you can use after mastery 6. (the primaries need mr12)

Also need to fill them with the dmg mods so you need a Catalyst in them.

The frame is basicly any I prefer Nova but you can get a Valkyr or Excalibur and build it to 4th ability.

Well, rank doesn't necessarily make it easier to do higher lvl'd missions, it's kind of subjective really, someone with rank 6 or even 8 can die multiple times. You could still probably do the sorties with a pub squad and be fine, but you'll get decimated on solo.

What I would do is get to MR5 and get the Tonkor. It's really beast. With Serration and Split Chamber with Crit mods and a elemental combo, the star chart/void/sortie won't stand a chance.

OK, thanks. I'll wait until at least rank five then, due also  to the next comment...

1 - Show us your mod setup on your weapons.  A Boltor Prime with bad modding can be beaten by a Braton with good modding.

2 - Sorties unlocking at MR4 is too low in the opinion of many people (myself included), yeah.

KK, will do as soon as I can load up warframe (want to get this reply out first). I know modding is very important, It's just considering how far up in level they are I figured there would be something more to it.

Good to know about the rank 4 rewards Thanks!

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

Thanks!

If you can solo T3 mission reasonably well, you're ready for sorties. More or less.

Ok, good marker to know, I'll keep it in mind.

For higher lvl you need at least one very good weapon and a frame that you can use.

For example:

Tonkor is a very good primary that you can use after reaching mastery 5.

Some of the Syndicate secondaries also good that you can use after mastery 6. (the primaries need mr12)

Also need to fill them with the dmg mods so you need a Catalyst in them.

The frame is basicly any I prefer Nova but you can get a Valkyr or Excalibur and build it to 4th ability.

Ok, awesome. I have an excalibur at level 30 (first frame), and a Valkyr on its way.

Tonkor I was planning on getting eventually anyway.

Secondaries will likely take a while longer, but good to know, I'll look into it.

If you can solo T3 mission reasonably well, you're ready for sorties. More or less.

Then armor augmentations come into play...

Ok, awesome. I have an excalibur at level 30 (first frame), and a Valkyr on its way.

Tonkor I was planning on getting eventually anyway.

Secondaries will likely take a while longer, but good to know, I'll look into it.

I run sorties with excal quite a lot, if you have a good melee and nice range, a blind + EB build is really nice.

If you are a true MR3 and taking the test as soon as you can then I have to wonder why you would do them. Personally I would recommend you do missions you can so you can get resources and rank up different frames. Rank up regular frames that have prime versions then get the prime versions and put reactors and forma in those.If you haven't done the second dream quest yet then alot of the rewards are useless to you right now. The sorties take a while to complete. Being a good team member in the sorties requires having various warframes built up. You can have clan mates carry you through but what fun is it if you can't really contribute. When you can truuly contribute then you will be ready.

What i did was i chose afew "Meta" weapons and frames.

Mag Prime (Not a fan favorite but in the right hands she is amazing)

Tonkor (5 Forma) Soma Prime (3 Forma)

Lex Prime (5 Forma)

Jat Kittag

Then i went on here and asked what the best builds for those weapons where and played with them abit and adjusted them to me. Not all weapons will require a forma, like the jat kittag (Unless you use primed mods)

Ok, i think you need a basic understanding on how to combat the problem presented to you. By this I mean determine what warframe is best suited for the enemies and mission type you are going to be facing. I have a lot of decked out mods and almost everything I have is multi formad but in truth I don't really need all of that and I don't even need them maxed to achieve a similar results. At MR4 you probably still need to get a basic understanding of what most warframes can do and you should probably work on putting some ranks on most of your mods. Of course, the easy way out is to find some players or friends that are willing to help you along or do missions with you.

Easy way to find out....enter high level mission, get &amp;#&#33; handed to you....well then you're not ready. Kill everything then leave you're ready. :P 

Seriously though don't be in a rush for high level content, better to learn the game and how to mod/Forma gear/Frames properly  Once you learn this the rest comes right along with it.

It is all about forma and catalyst.

I am MR 10, have been playing for more than 10 months. Have more than 10 maxed frames and a bunch of reasonably good weapons. I maxed all my gears through actual play, not by leeching or using places like Draco.

But I still don't think I would even think about attempting sortie for the next few months because I can't seem to get forma at all.

Without being heavily forma-ed, any good weapons are not so good. Vanilla tonkor, which I have maxed, isn't really as good as people claim it to be at all because I didn't /can't afford to forma it.

So I would suggest hard farming forma before anything. Get at least like 20 of them.

Can u believe I have only 6 after playing for 10 months? And only have 2 left now?

Well, in some sorties it's easier to either...

1 - Pretend that the idea of killing things never crossed your mind.  CC or avoid instead.

2 - Use powers that kill or allow finishers.

(But really, modding is more important than raw Forma count too!)

I am MR 10, have been playing for more than 10 months. Have more than 10 maxed frames and a bunch of reasonably good weapons. I maxed all my gears through actual play, not by leeching or using places like Draco.

But I still don't think I would even think about attempting sortie for the next few months because I can't seem to get forma at all.

Without being heavily forma-ed, any good weapons are not so good. Vanilla tonkor, which I have maxed, isn't really as good as people claim it to be at all because I didn't /can't afford to forma it.

So I would suggest hard farming forma before anything. Get at least like 20 of them.

Can u believe I have only 6 after playing for 10 months? And only have 2 left now?

You only have 8 forma total?

Well, in some sorties it's easier to either...

1 - Pretend that the idea of killing things never crossed your mind.  CC or avoid instead.

2 - Use powers that kill or allow finishers.

(But really, modding is more important than raw Forma count too!)

But you need forma to get good mods on it

Woah! Only 6? You need to join up with my squad when we run void missions seeing as we seem to get at least 1 forma bp every run. I have gotten so many forma bps (40+) that they are almost annoying now.

As for the topic question, there are some really good answers here especially the ones saying to get comfortable with a frame that you enjoy playing and have a really good weapon. Tonkor is a widely accepted good weapon. Another one I'm sure that many people will mention is the Hek. When modded correctly with forma it can one-shot most enemies usually up to level 60 and then tapers off after that (but that could be that I don't have a "perfect" mod setup).

You only have 8 forma total?

Used 4 as ingredients for crafting weapons.

Didn't even realize how foolish I was until I started to notice my weapons are dealing way less damage than what people have been talking about.

I have 2 left, thank god didn't waste them.

Edited by FallingHeaven

you can do anything that is not endless once you can solo basic(capture, sabotage, etc) tier 3 and 4 tower missions easily.   You should be one-shotting these enemy unless using a high round/sec gun in which case you should be 1-burst killing them.

hey dude i may not be much higher than you but if its lvl 60 to 100 enemies then you might want to have high damage weapons with mods maxed to increase damage even more and a good warframe wth max mods to increase your armor shield capacity and health hope what im saying help :D