Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Exalted Blade A Charge Attack Already.

Epsik-kun

I'm getting a bad habit of launching 4th combo via holding down melee button already. 

Do your usual thing, add some longsword useless charge attack, forget to slap waves on it and accidently put a dot into its damage multiplier so it will be .3 instead of 3, but actually DO a thing, please.

People don't use charge attacks on pretty much anything right now. That's not the point.

To be fair, it can be impossible depending on the equipped stance mod.

And yes, my point is valid. Will people actually use a charge attack considering they don't even use a combo that only requires you to hold RMB? Would an EB charge attack have enough utility to be justified in its use? My bet is no.

That. Is. Not. The. Point.

Please. Tell. Me. Why. Enlighten me Oh Knowledgeable One. Tell me why Exalted Blade NEEDS a charge attack which no one will use? Because it's unfair otherwise? Because everything needs a charge attack? Or because you can't figure out how to lift your finger and tap E like everyone else so need DE to invent a new animation and try to balance an addition to an ability which is still controversial?

EDIT: All I'm asking for is an answer: would people actually use a charge, or will the just keep swinging? Unless it is useful enough, then the answer is no. 

Edited by Insizer

Please. Tell. Me. Why. Enlighten me Oh Knowledgeable One. Tell me why Exalted Blade NEEDS a charge attack which no one will use? Because it's unfair otherwise? Because everything needs a charge attack? Or because you can't figure out how to lift your finger and tap E like everyone else so need DE to invent a new animation and try to balance an addition to an ability which is still controversial?

Just solve it by giving all ultimates a 1 shot jat kuttag no matter enemy level with a swing speed of 20, it has a nuke effect every swing, and makes you immortal and consumes -20 energy a second and allows free movement and ability usage. Everything is balanced and no one will have a different ultimate.

All jokes aside all mode based abilities should have a charge attack

Just solve it by giving all ultimates a 1 shot jat kuttag no matter enemy level with a swing speed of 20, it has a nuke effect every swing, and makes you immortal and consumes -20 energy a second and allows free movement and ability usage. Everything is balanced and no one will have a different ultimate.

All jokes aside all mode based abilities should have a charge attack

Its one thing to say that every melee toggle ability should get a charge, but in EB's case it is already borderline OP (depending on who you ask). The challenge is coming up with a charge that is useful enough that people will actually use it but not so useful that it becomes overused. Again EB is walking a fine line as is.

Why not something like a circular spinslash, with a quite big circular energy wave (something like those in the Zelda games, that spinning chargeattack Link does)?

I can see something like that. 

Because everything needs a charge attack?

Why do you ask me a question and answer it yourself? Charge attacks supposed to be a universal mechanics for every melee weapon in the game. Questioning whether or not will it be actually used is utterly stupid on a level of asking "Why does Excalibur need to jump when he can just Slash Dash?". I can't take statements like this seriously, sorry.

Its one thing to say that every melee toggle ability should get a charge, but in EB's case it is already borderline OP (depending on who you ask). The challenge is coming up with a charge that is useful enough that people will actually use it but not so useful that it becomes overused. Again EB is walking a fine line as is.

Excal is one of my main(other is volt prime) saying it is op is wrong in my opinion, and people use anything considered op, if a charge attack does more damage then they will use it

Why do you ask me a question and answer it yourself? Charge attacks supposed to be a universal mechanics for every melee weapon in the game. Questioning whether or not will it be actually used is utterly stupid on a level of asking "Why does Excalibur need to jump when he can just Slash Dash?". I can't take statements like this seriously, sorry.

All I was asking was: Why is it so important that it have a charge. But no, you couldn't answer a simple question, so you brushed my valid question. You wouldn't give me an answer, so I did your job for you. Don't mock me for doing your job in justifying your claim, your point. To me, the fact you couldn't answer the simple question means that you agree, in part, with me. You agree that it serves no purpose whatsoever. Either learn to back up your contention, or don't make one at all. I can't take undefended arguments like yours seriously, sorry.

Edited by Insizer

Excal is one of my main(other is volt prime) saying it is op is wrong in my opinion, and people use anything considered op, if a charge attack does more damage then they will use it

It depends on how long the charge is and how much damage it does. If it takes forever and a half, then people would continue swinging, no? But yes, people will take the path of least resistance. I just sense that there are many people that get irritated when they see EB excal killing everything with energy waves. I'd rather not upset the current balance so that I don't see "nerf EB" threads everywhere. If they can add a charge that doesn't upset things too much, then fine by me.

Edited by Insizer