Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clue Me In, Why Does Everyone Hate Archwing Missions?

(PSN)JayMadIV

I don't know, maybe it's just me but i would really like some kind of soft lock-on system. Like, keep the target within a section of your crosshair and have it autolock when in there. I can't name it off the top of my head, but there was one air combat game i used to play that was high speed, long and short distances and that functionality served it well. 

I like archwing but there's little to no motivation to do it outside of farming archwing stuff. I feel that it'd behoove them to make more missions that interstate the regular and archwing missions. Then make the occurrences be random after a certain point on the star chart. Make it a part of alerts and it'll be more fun and people would invest more time in it. Wait stands it's just a side item on the "to do list" of the game.

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

It depends on the player and their experiences with Archwing really. Some love it ever since they played it when it was first released. Others find it boring because of how long it takes to level things, can't stand how with as few items on the drop tables that RNG keeps screwing them over, and other little oddities that make it a slight bother to put effort into play it.

Then you have the people who are in the wide bin of apathetic to sheer hatred for it. Yes it has had many tweaks and fixes, but the nasty "taste" of Archwing makes them just not want anything to do with it. It is like going to a new (pizza, burger, chicken, other type of food) where you have some love it, others think it is ok, a few hate it (because it doesn't taste like what they know), and then you have the poor saps who found hair and nails in their food.

I still remember when they had missions with swarms of enemies that had nothing but knock back missiles and would stun lock you to death. Couldn't do a sneak attack because the entire screen is a "giant room" and every enemy knows where you are at a moments notice. I still haven't heard if they fixed the other issue where if you spawn into a current mission, you can end up DOA because the game chose to spawn you behind the guy who is being chased by the mob of enemies and you can't move till you are fully loaded into the game.

I even remember the bugs where the enemies in extermination missions spawned OUTSIDE the mission borders (which you couldn't and probably still can't see) and didn't move nor were in visual range. You would try to fly off in that direction, then Natah would tell you to go back or fail the mission but sadly you overflew the point of return long before you got the message and then you were failed for it (and that was if you remembered the direction you came from in the first place.) At least Starfox 64 and other newer games set up actual boundaries so if the player accidentally flew towards the edge of the map, they either hit an energy wall or did a U-turn back into the map.

Then with the lack of items, how you have to get them, and the other things I listed in the first paragraph, I can say for me I don't care one bit about it. It could be removed with all the content related to it (even the parts to get the warframes) and I would not feel any different about it. Sure you can fly around all fast while using nothing but melee, and for some that might get the job done. For others, they might want to shoot things and sadly that is when it really slows down. It isn't like other games that deal with flying and dog fighting in a good way. Many other players mentioned that it felt stiff and clunky and it even looks like it. It feels less like a Frame connected to a jetpack and more like a frame with a stick in the back being moved up and down on the screen.

I think most just parrot a lots of things others say is bad so they never do more then the most basic stuff.

Yes the radar system needs a bit of tweaking, add some color variations for above or below or add a global(3D) radar.

As for being slow, well the shooting part can be when you try to zoom in to hit those small targets far off. Purhapes when straffing to.

The coradors can be a bit tight and annoying as if you clip some areas you get stuck between pipes or just under a passage and wiggling your way out is a chore as the controls get unresponsive at slower speeds it seems.

I can't comment on most of the actual content because no one does it so I've not done much above some lower exterminate and mobile defense missions as I had almost no mods for a while.

But I like the fast paced action, but I'm more of a melee person both on foot and archwing so getting the grattler recently has been rather nice as it compliments my up close fighting.

My only major issue is collecting pickups, you essentially have to fly directly over them meaning many people are missing mods and other loot they never even saw because they are tiny and blend in, give the archwing an inate carrier vaccum of a couple meters at least. (Like 20 min)

Edited by SilvaDreams

Space + loot spread all around = A hassle to deal with. (Sucking it in with Itzal doesn't make this okay to me, as most players won't have that arch wing early on)

That's the main reason I don't like it. I enjoy the flying, I however don't want to fly around for 10+ minutes after the enemies are dead to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Well for me it's simple, the feeling of Warframe is not there...yet. What feeling you ask?

When I bullet jump 15 meters into the air, slam down with my amphis to stun a heavy enemy, shoot him in the face with my hek, prime EVERYTHING, and make said everything blow up like fireworks. Then repeat all that because hiding in a bubble is for noobs. The other one would be when I equip my rush loki and parkour all over the place being the best door hero I can be. Archwing cannot hold a candle to both of those (yet) so there is not a single instance where I would play archwing over Warframe if it was not needed for mastery. 

i like archwing as well as i miss the earth-mission, also the droptable changed a lot, its not easy to get all the mods for the archwing for a new "archwinger" :-)

I don't like the movement.

You slip and slide like you are on ice if you try to stop at a certain point.

It feels slow, what use is it to fly at a million miles an hour if it still takes me 400 years to traverse the map.

Reviving, you have to be right on top to revive and if you are like me, and didn't know holding x will stop you when flying past a bleeding ally, you have the same issue from my first point

Some people just don't like new stuff... which is weird

Some people just love complaining about anything (normal day in the Internet)

And others just don't like it being pushed into some alert... "who forced you to play?" Is what I wanna ask xD

I love Archwings though and I'm eager to see what DE may add later! One piece of advice, do not stick with Odonata too much, its boring compared to the other two Archwings, Itzal is my favorite!

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

I don't like the movement.

You slip and slide like you are on ice if you try to stop at a certain point.

It feels slow, what use is it to fly at a million miles an hour if it still takes me 400 years to traverse the map.

Reviving, you have to be right on top to revive and if you are like me, and didn't know holding x will stop you when flying past a bleeding ally, you have the same issue from my first point

Welcome to inertia and virtually no drag, you just have to get use to it like any other skill in game and learn to hit the breaks before you get there.

As for the speed I felt fast till the fomorian event and saw people with fully moded wings... Damn I felt slow because they'd shoot off 2k away from me while I was in afterburners.

But the same can be said for someone on foot with Rush, once you get that speedboost mod you are like greased lightning!

Edited by SilvaDreams

It's unfinished

Lack of decent rewards

Somewhat bad RNG drops

Enemy scaling

This.

That said, I don't hate Archwing...I just don't like how DE has handled it so far.  The RNG to gain weapons has got to go...or at least be improved.  I'd rather pay for slots and have the weapons craft normally instead of having to RNGrind.

I think most just parrot a lots of things others say is bad so they never do more then the most basic stuff.

Yes the radar system needs a bit of tweaking, add some color variations for above or below or add a global(3D) radar.

As for being slow, well the shooting part can be when you try to zoom in to hit those small targets far off. Purhapes when straffing to.

The coradors can be a bit tight and annoying as if you clip some areas you get stuck between pipes or just under a passage and wiggling your way out is a chore as the controls get unresponsive at slower speeds it seems.

I can't comment on most of the actual content because no one does it so I've not done much above some lower exterminate and mobile defense missions as I had almost no mods for a while.

But I like the fast paced action, but I'm more of a melee person both on foot and archwing so getting the grattler recently has been rather nice as it compliments my up close fighting.

My only major issue is collecting pickups, you essentially have to fly directly over them meaning many people are missing mods and other loot they never even saw because they are tiny and blend in, give the archwing an inate carrier vaccum of a couple meters at least. (Like 20 min)

there already is innate Vacuum, you just have to not fly past the drops faster than they are pulled in.

Two things things that would make it better for me are the ability to land in hulls of ships (magnetic space boots maybe?) and get rid or way tone down all the woosh lines around you when you are flying about. What is that any way? A really poor way to show you are moving? And leveling gear is not a real treat either.

I like sharkwing though. And the very first AW mission was okay.

Like said above, bad drops rates, little missions, Itzal is requires to get anything

Gather range should be tripled, impossible to see anything.

They stopped making drop parts for weapons, if am not mistaken, that was the worst 

More missions, also give more health to the shuttles in defense, 2500? around wave 15+ if you don't kill enemies as soon as they spawn, it might get 4-5 shotted by pentas

we have a few things which are very good in warframe and we have things which show up continously as a unfinished development as if DE doesnt know really what to do with it

if i take a step back and give space and if i stop thinking as rushers think lots of the unfinished parts in warframe show up as nice grafics, nice gameplay and very interesting basements for further development, even that lots of things show up even more unbalanced in relation to what we get and when and how much effort we need to get things

i really dont know how to share things effectively without spending a lot of time into this game which i dont know if i should spend it, because nobody pays me for

doing real useful feedback needs much more effort, time and mindpower then any other game which exist

but i dont get a monthly salary for doing so and i cant see that it would be useful, therefor i have in 2016 only one chance, love it or leave it more then i like to do,means finally going down with playing warframe as much as i did

but there are many things which are simply "unfinished" and i cant see that we get a brandnew system, race or enemies which would be needed to keep me and maybe others up spending that much time in warframe as i/we did

i understand that it look like DE's development on warframe has become a mix for developing the chinese part and the rest of the world and that DE is thinking by themselves what they can do on the basement of logfiles how much who playes when and where in the warframe universe

i hope and wish the best for that DE can keep up with their own ideas and expansion-plans proofed by our feedback and the real numbers which they can read out from their servers

the extended time for how longer we have to wait for the new primestuff doesnt give me a save feeling as well as im chilled enough to keep distance to this all since a while

what could i say more without writing a wall of text, even that maybe my thoughts would be interesting for whomever =))

good luck, DE

After taking the time to learn how to Archwing I really enjoy it, but it does have it's issues, I want it to be more implemented in to the main game.

I'd like Archwing to take your warframe stats/mods in to account, my valk has an insane armor rating, so why does my valk with wings attached to her lower back become paper? And the Archmods only further increase the stats.

Same could also go for primary and melee weapons.

After taking the time to learn how to Archwing I really enjoy it, but it does have it's issues, I want it to be more implemented in to the main game.

I'd like Archwing to take your warframe stats/mods in to account, my valk has an insane armor rating, so why does my valk with wings attached to her lower back become paper? And the Archmods only further increase the stats.

Same could also go for primary and melee weapons.

they used to do that and Valkyr was the only frame that even made Archwings viable according to what I heard, that doesn't sound like a preferable situation.

I don't. I would like more undersea action while surrounded by anything that resembles sharks, jellyfishes, grineer with flippers or corpus with scuba gear. I would actually like to do objectives that involves diving so deep your health gradually decreases and your vision becomes blurry, except for Hydroid as he's already from the depths of the oceans 8D.

Also some free space battles while having to survive facing full sized space cruisers that shoot lasers at you from all directions would be nice.

I would like to be able to manually pilot my landing craft and get from a planet to another in real time giving Ordis a well deserved brake, In all this time as landing crafts don't have obvious defensive weapons you will have to try and sneak past grineer or corpus battleships that are guarding the proximity of every known planet.

As someone else stated in another thread it would also be a real blast if we could race with our landing crafts, customizing our engines for either acceleration, steering and the way our thrusters give as speed boosts.. For example setting your thrusters for a longer boost they can overheat and perform poorly afterwards , reducing your cruising speed or acceleration until they cool down.

Edited by DuncanHydroho

Quick question. Which sounds more fun?

Drop kicking a grunt and then shotgunning his ragdolled corpse vs holding the trigger over a target 1km away until it disappears?

To make it worse, take all of that, stick it underwater and make it slower!

^This pretty much sums it up for me.