Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Please Explain/defend The Prime Vault?

Corvyr

I don't think this discussion can go anywhere.

Well yeah, with cop-out attitudes like that it won't. :P  Your complaint has evolved from "other games don't have unobtainables" to "other games don't have unobtainables with stats" to "other games don't have the endgame stuff unobtainable".

Well... Excalibur Prime is #3 in health, #5 in shields, #4 in energy, #6 in armor, and #7 in sprint speed... and he shares those places with many frames.  26 other frames have the same health values as him, 13 other frames have the same shields as him, 17 frames have the same energy value as him, etc.

If it was a huge endgame difference thing and no other games did this, sure.  People would be complaining everywhere on the forums like you said.  But that's not the reality here, which is my issue with your complaints.

EDIT: I guess it would help if I had reminded you sooner that you did ask for somebody to defend it~

Edited by Rydian

That's interesting.  I play at 21:9, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll look into Umbra Excalibur, but from what you say, it could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Yeah having the aspect at 21:9 will make everything stretched out and fatter looking, so that would explain why so many things ingame just look so ugly. If you can set it to 16:9 it should look what you see everywhere else online.

I also forgot to mention but all "vaulted primes" parts can be traded long after being vaulted, and the non vaulted ones can be found in the void in missions called towers. They rank from Tower 1 up to Tower 4.

And remember, every prime item is tradeable except for founder packs. Those are the only real exclusive ones, and they got the horrible horrible treatment of having crap stats...... But hey, not like thousands of players have it, so why bother buffing or changing it now?

Edited by kitsu

I skimmed through the pages, so I apologize if no one mentioned this but; you can purchase Prime Warframes, weapons and a couple companions from other players.   Oh, and some "special" weapons that drop from Sorties and are purchasable from Syndicates. 

In addition, DE has made it very clear that almost nothing in this game is exclusive.  All currently vaulted Primes can and most likely will make a come back, at least once, in the next 350-some days.

You can also take a break when you've reached the point where you want said Primes and can come back when they're unvaulted as well.  Warframe has some heavy grind and the burn out can sneak up on you. 

The loot tables for void missions can only be so big before they get diluted to the point where it becomes near impossible to get the parts you need. Vault gold opens up the table for new primes, but periodically brings back old ones. We've gotten our first taste of how it'll work with the return of frost prime this cycle. It'll be a wait for mag to come back but it'll happen.

As a new player of about three days, it just appears like this is an unnecessary inconvenience to me.  The only non-prime warframe that I like is Excalibur, and I'll never be able to get the prime version of that.  The only prime warframes I like are locked away for an indeterminate amount of time.

This has seriously killed my enthusiasm for playing this game.  I was looking forward to putting in some time to earn things in this game, but now I'm finding out there are things that I cannot earn - no matter how much time and effort I put into getting them - for what appear to be arbitrary reasons.

I really hope I am missing something and my current interpretation is inaccurate, because these last few days of playing have been pretty fun.  With so many goals being blocked by invisible walls, however, I don't think it will remain as fun for very long.

This game continued to evolve and grow in depth and complexity, both in terms of gameplay and economy.

Here is what I see:

Phase 1: The Mythical Age of Pioneering Founders. Exclusives never to return.

Phase 2: The Golden Age of Early Adopters. Tremendous improvements and relatively easy access to new content from an inspired developer rewards early adopters that supply added momentum to the founders.

Phase 3: The Silver Age of Evolution (now). The amount and complexity of depth, content, and choice reaches new levels, both in terms of gameplay and revenues. Annuity-type revenue streams evolve and are revisited. Ways to monetize additional content are explored. Methods of exclusivity for established AND new players take center stage in all facets of gameplay to address the increased financial demands of a much bigger, more complex and more developed product.

Primed Vaults are simply a parallel Prime Access/Accessories Pack offered to newer players who weren't ahead of the Phase 3 Curve like founders and VERY early adopters. I'm guessing it was an outstanding success based on what I saw just in terms of cosmetics in the last month.

If there is a new Starchart, expect certain areas to have higher drop % for certain items, and expect that the pool of available items will go WAY up. People will rejoice as certain restricted items become drop-available.

However, "dilution" (which simply means a smaller % to get the drop you want because of a larger number of possible items) will be greater than ever, but will have greater quality to the items dropped.

I highly doubt you could find an item in any major modern MMO that new players are unable to obtain that gives even a small statistical advantage to the current endgame.  Even if you could, I would say that is equally as poor of a choice.

Don't prime warframes also come with extra/different polarities?  Does that not affect the potential loadouts you can get?

I don't want to come in here and make fun of your game.  I really want to like this game.  I want it to be my game, too.  Please don't get defensive.

The extra polarities could just be gained by using forma on the regular excalibur.

I'm pretty sure the only other difference is higher armor, and armor is fairly useless at high levels anyway, at least when you're getting to high enough levels that enemies will 3shot you no matter what. It's just a fancy way of saying "I paid to help make warframe a thing."

Besides, Proto-armor skin Excalibur looks better than Excalibur Prime IMO.

Edited by 24spencer

I don't like the way any of them look.  Most of the frames have ridiculous looking waists and thighs.  The rest just don't appeal to me for other reasons.

Aesthetics matter for me in non-competitive games.  I'll play the dumbest looking Magic: the Gathering card if it helps me win, but I need to like the way I look when there's no competition involved.

You're going to have issues in this game then, Warframes aren't "classes" they are gear, frequently you will need one piece of gear to effectively perform a given task. Swapping Warframes to match the task is expected, if you refuse to do that then you'll need someone else who does have that gear.

Widening your selection of tool is the progress mechanism in this game.

I do hope you get a chance to read this as I have looked through most of this thread.

Fat looking and odd shaped warframes are due to people using the 4:3 (standard) aspect ratio which makes all and any warframe look wider, thinner or overall really ugly and alien.

For some reason warframe can not aspect standard right and instead squishes widescreen 16:9 into 4:3 so alot of screen images online are done in 4:3 which... uglifies everything....

What? This is nonsense, there is a 4:3 aspect ratio option right in the setting menu and it works just fine.

Regardless of what people will tell you its as simple as this: a cheap money grab

If DE truly wanted to make droptables less "diluted", it wouldn't be filled with silver cores, orokin cells, credits, neural sensors, mods or other ressources

Also there could have been easily more mission types to help this issue if it was really wanted

But instead they artifically create demand so people buy the "returned" Vault packs, or buy plat to buy it in tradechat, either way this was no decision to benefit the players, regardless how you see it, because alternatives were very clear and easy to achieve

I am actually hoping the Prime Vault continues to be a thing.  It maintains a level of significance in getting certain Prime stuff, and staying in the game long-term, without punishing new players, due to rotation.  It also keeps the trade market alive, because values don't continuously drop over time.  While not everyone likes Prime Vaults, they encourage long-term play, introduce long-term goals, incentivize big-spenders to actually spend on plat, and provides non-spenders with a balanced economy in which they can earn premium currency.

It basically hits all points.  If the Prime Vault was ever completely opened and the program ended, I worry that it would be bad for the game's long-term health.  Sure, it was initially enacted to avoid loot table dilution, but I think it has turned into a regulatory feature of the game that incentivizes newer players to become long-term players.

Exactly this. Warframe *needs* the Vaults for the market to stay afloat. Nothing wrong with that.

Regardless of what people will tell you its as simple as this: a cheap money grab

If DE truly wanted to make droptables less "diluted", it wouldn't be filled with silver cores, orokin cells, credits, neural sensors, mods or other ressources

Also there could have been easily more mission types to help this issue if it was really wanted

But instead they artifically create demand so people buy the "returned" Vault packs, or buy plat to buy it in tradechat, either way this was no decision to benefit the players, regardless how you see it, because alternatives were very clear and easy to achieve

Mmmmmmm, I agree with this completely. While we're at it, let's make every drop a USEFUL Prime part (whatever the hell that means), let's make every login reward awesome and let's give everything away to everyone... ALL THE TIME. Hell, let's rename Warframe into Unicornland: Farmsville because the things you're implying are goddamn awful.

Look up into the first part of my post and read why Vaults are necessary. The world does not revolve around individuals and a free to play game has to have a solid marketplace.

Edited by Gale47

While the wording might be a bit harsh, I agree with this.

If DE truly wanted to deal with dilution in the Void, they had other options--one painfully and insultingly obvious option being the Infested Void called Orokin Derelict. You know, that worthless hellhole filled with T1 keys and Toxic Ancients that destroy your health bar in one scream. 

I'm OK with cash grabs, just don't put up insulting facades like "we want to reduce Void dilution." No, you don't, we all know you don't, so stop using that excuse. 

Edited by traybong111