The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage Mod

Keeraan

Question

13 answers to this question

Hey there Keeraan. I spent hours farming Rage like you at the same node. Unfortunately Rage has a 0.063% drop rate from an already relatively rare enemy. Perhaps you could try transmuting if you had enough rare mods like Power Throw lying around.

I've had this mod for ages and I struggle to find a scenario where it's actually worth an entire mod slot tbh.

There are a bunch of unique ways to use the mod to regain energy on builds that require it. Some people refuse to use excalibur without it. The key to using it is blocking will not only reduce the intake of damage, but it will restore the full amount of energy that it would have had you taken the hit to the face.

It's a great mod for any build that finds itself energy starved often.

from what I understand it's an essential mod on Valkyr. which means i'll be in the same boat as the OP in a few days

Not essential on Valkyr, it just depends how you play. Rage is great if you get knocked out of Hysteria eg falling off, nullifier bubble etc. It allows you to instantly gain enough energy to jump back in Hysteria and get back to being godlike. However at high level you're going to get 1 shot killed, rather than surviving a hit and gaining energy if you drop out of Hysteria suddenly rather than at a planned moment where you've taken cover, so Rage becomes somewhat less useful then.

Personally I prefer to use higher efficiency and duration to lower both the casting cost and energy drain while in Hysteria giving me a higher chance of having enough energy to instantly recast it if I make a mistake and drop out suddenly. Really it's a personal choice of how you want to play the frame whether you use Rage or not.

Edited by Zilchy

Rage + Defy (Wukong) is ridiculous, it's like Valkyr immortality while being allowed to choose your weapons (woo Secura Penta).

You can pretty easily fit a Rage + (Primed) Flow + Quick Thinking combo on e.g.

a Chaos spam Nyx / Despoil spam Nekros (also Volt Prime, lol 850 Energy) to give them stronger survivability.

Rage makes a lot of sense on a Vex Armor-focused Chroma.

Not essential on Valkyr, it just depends how you play. Rage is great if you get knocked out of Hysteria eg falling off, nullifier bubble etc. It allows you to instantly gain enough energy to jump back in Hysteria and get back to being godlike. However at high level you're going to get 1 shot killed, rather than surviving a hit and gaining energy if you drop out of Hysteria suddenly rather than at a planned moment where you've taken cover, so Rage becomes somewhat less useful then.

Personally I prefer to use higher efficiency and duration to lower both the casting cost and energy drain while in Hysteria giving me a higher chance of having enough energy to instantly recast it if I make a mistake and drop out suddenly. Really it's a personal choice of how you want to play the frame whether you use Rage or not.

This is true. Higher levels it becomes kind of pointless. I can mod my valkyr to go for ages without falling out of hysteria (you can actually damage nullifier bubbles you just have to be careful to not step inside of them) and if I do need energy I could just drop a restore, then again I have a ton of those built so.