The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Are Sorties Worth It?

Auramaru

Granted if the mission types are like spy, sabotage, and extermination in that combination, then I expect some low reward table from the sortie like a lens or a weapon part, but the moment am gonna get cheesed with defense, interception, and MD and have some outrageous requirement, then I expect to have some good reward that not another lens, bp part, or a tater. 

No it isn't.

Getting a bp/part for a Weapon I already have or some weird Lens that I don't need isn't really what I would call a "reward"

Hell even a Brakk Bp would be awesome since I never got one but a Karak Wraith bp ?

I mean I like the Karak Warith and its normal counterpart but I don't need two of those.

Edited by Icpmcp

Im not going to say its not worth it, but at the same point Id rather have it be a award you can pick from via points like the clans. I alredy had two of the karaks, and bought the extra pices I needed for nezah and the dera. due to the amont of people doing them, most of the things are rather cheep witch is nice, however I still run them now and again for legendary cores. I need a few <-< 

I usualy dont bother with the infested ones, and jest bring mag along for corpus and it makes them easy. spy missions that arnt corpus however kinda suck.

Voted no.

Rewards are too small and unpredictable for time spent. That said, I'll still do them because they are the only place to fight high level enemies without an hour of boredom first(endless missions) or the annoyance of raids(too much mmorpg raiding previously to let me enjoy it due to organizational hassle).

Hope they implement the changes they teased to rewards and continue with development of the mode. Shows great promise.

For rewards... probably no.

For fun ...hmmm rather yes.

Im quite short of time and usualy can affort to wait 40 min in t4 surv or def to actualy get some challenge. Here we have lvl 60 at 1st one nad 3rd one are about 90-100 lvl.

I find sorties best place to farm focus points and its not soooooo boring as drako... The reward --- for me its only a addition. Afcourse it would be nice to have sth valuable as a reward but for me its not so necesery.

I only wish we can repeat one chosen mission from each sortie a few times:)

Edited by Kripion

Well today a got a lens, which I don't really need or even wanted or even worth the time. The biggest problem  with the reward pool is that  all those items devalue really fast,  and the slim chance of getting a elusive legendary core is really not worth the 48 days I wasted so far in the sorties.

The reward system is likely going to switch over to a token... system so that there is a higher liklihood of you (eventually) getting stuff you actually want rather than expending a large amount of time for something you don't actually want. If only the void could learn such a lesson. Right now, I wouldn't do it for the rewards. 

I personally do it because I think it's fun, to the point where I find normal missions kind of... boring. I don't actually care that much about the rewards. 

Sorties are fun because sometimes they prove a challenge unless you're using crutch tactics.

So, I didn't miss a single day since release. But it's only a small change of pace because they're 3 and not replayable

So yeah for me they are worth playing everyday.

Edited by CookingFood

The more I do them (have done them every day since they were introduced), the more I don't think they're worth it.... I mean, it's nice that there's something "extra" to do each day, but it starts to feel like a chore after awhile, especially when all you ever get are those goddamn lenses.... lol

The reward system is likely going to switch over to a token... system so that there is a higher liklihood of you (eventually) getting stuff you actually want rather than expending a large amount of time for something you don't actually want. If only the void could learn such a lesson. Right now, I wouldn't do it for the rewards. 

I personally do it because I think it's fun, to the point where I find normal missions kind of... boring. I don't actually care that much about the rewards. 

I looove the idea of a token system. Still a good time sink and equally fun, but not 100% reliant of RNG b/s that can infinitely screw random people over and make it feel like a pointless grind.

Edited by cizzlebot

Switch to a token system would be much better. I don't mind getting lenses but I already have karak wraith and getting useless parts for it when I would want anything else on the list is kind of disappointing. Would rather see legendary cores be super expensive and lenses cheap and the weapons/frame parts in the middle in terms of cost. So maybe it takes 1 day to earn a lens or core pack or whatever is common reward now, 2-3 days to earn a frame or weapon part and maybe you have to do a full week or two weeks of sorties to get a legendary core. 

Also I don't know how the mission types or conditions are generated but if it is random sometimes I will just skip the sortie of the day rather than deal with some of the bad missions. I did low energy corpus survival where every other enemy is a level 80 nullifier and that got annoying real fast. Also annoying is if you don't have a maxed out weapon of a certain type with forma and potatos for highest damage it prevents you from doing certain missions if you don't want to drag the team down. 

Well  after the last update, I think that  any  sortie with excav mission will be  skipped.

Excavation Changes / Fixes

The following changes have been made to Excavation Missions to help improve fluidity between each excavation:

• Dig Site drop points have been optimized to enable players to constantly run into Dig Sites, instead of hunting for a new Site between each completed dig.
  • Areas with multiple Dig Sites will be more difficult to defend, should players decide to activate more than one Site at a time.

• Dig Sites must be activated in order of being discovered.

• Dig Sites will no longer immediately reappear in a location that was just recently excavated.

• Power Cell carrying enemies should be more readily available before the first Dig Site is active.

• Reduced the power gained from a Power Cell from 50 to 20.

• Reduced initial power in deployed excavator from 50 to 20

• Power Cells dropped far away from combat will now despawn, enabling new Power Cells to spawn closer to the player / Excavator.

• Fixed an error causing power to drain from an Excavator while active