Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Can We Get Redeemer Charge Attack Combos Back?

Deathbricked

same here

and the worst parti is that they didnt nerfer the fate of fre they nerfet the flow of it and broken comobs of high noon...

DE such a clunky move... istead of makeing the second shot to charge longer you simly removed it.

It was fun and it was REALLY pretty... not its like im casting away she swarm of slies around me - thats how it looks when i make continuus shots....

Shame on you DE....

The problem is it worked to well, The Gun part of that Melee weapon was meant to be flavor / situational.The fact you could use it as a ammo less main in level 100 content means it was broken. 

You're saying that as if this was intended.

DE claimed to have fixed a certain bug with the redeemer.

Not only have they not fixed the said bug, they also produced another one.

Pretty sure flow of the cannon fire was an oversight regardless of the bug.  I mean, it's freakishly powerful, able to two shot blinded sentients without even having 8 mods on the thing.  Now it's inconvenient to use against a spread out horde of enemies, but it's still a great option for sturdier targets are tight groups.  Why would I ever use an actual shotgun again?  Of course, the trade off for losing the former pacing of fire?  Near instant charge.

There is a ton of threads for the 18.4 fail already, but I'll post what I wrote there anyway :

This was supposed to be a fix for this bug :

However this was not fixed; instead the High Noon Stance combos and the INTENDED charge-attack-chaining was bugged. (And yes, the charge-attack-chaining is intended; was said directly in a devstream).

So, not intended at all, and what is more, it didn't even do what it was supposed to.

Edited by ShikiRen

There is a ton of threads for the 18.4 fail already, but I'll post what I wrote there anyway :

However this was not fixed; instead the High Noon Stance combos and the INTENDED charge-attack-chaining was bugged. (And yes, the charge-attack-chaining is intended; was said directly in a devstream).

So, not intended at all, and what is more, it didn't even do what it was supposed to.

THE POWER IS OVER 9000!!!

I can confirm after tweaking my mouse Marco for over two hours, this is indeed more a bug than exploit. Best setup I had only triggered it about 1-2 out of 10 times and usually locked my character into an endless animation loop the other 8-9 times. It seems rapid swapping can bug the animation to rapidly loop and if you are lucky enough to get it looping on the exact moment the redeemer fires, GG.

PS. On a side note seems weapon swap times vary, as certain weapons couldn't even trigger the bug while others could.

I can confirm after tweaking my mouse Marco for over two hours, this is indeed more a bug than exploit. Best setup I had only triggered it about 1-2 out of 10 times and usually locked my character into an endless animation loop the other 8-9 times. It seems rapid swapping can bug the animation to rapidly loop and if you are lucky enough to get it looping on the exact moment the redeemer fires, GG.

PS. On a side note seems weapon swap times vary, as certain weapons couldn't even trigger the bug while others could.

Well doing it manually i get it to work 9/10 times, so...

Would be interested to know which guns you used and whether you used standard swap or melee swap.

Melee Swap. Weapons used : Lex (Prime) , (Vaykor) Marelok, Twin Grakata, Furis. There are secondaries that will not allow it; Bronco/Akbronco (Prime) for example.

Hey, that bug was surely a problem(I was shocked seeing bug video in this thread) BUT breaking the gun instead of fixing the bug isn't a good way to go.

So DE, please fix normal operation of redeemer as it is my favorite gunblade(sadly we have only ONE gunblade in this game at all ... and I love gunblade style).

Also it would be nice to fix "step forward when firing first shot" problem as it is often annoying char moves when no movement requested.

With today's hotfix, redeemer now can again chain it's charge attacks.

No idea if it's bug or intended.

Personally, I like the old redeemer before that hotfix that allows you to chain charge attacks. The previous system gave the redeemer much more of a "quick fire" mode. I can charge it up, shoot it, then immediately do whatever else I want afterwards. With the chain-able charge attacks, there is a dead window after firing where I am unable to do anything because it is stuck in the animation.