The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Level Tenno Nukers, Why Are You Playing In Public?

Aelurus

Came here to vent. Apologies.

I have been playing for quite a while now but I still get irritated every time I am in a low-level public mission then someone decides to pop in with their shiny [insert what you think is an OP Warframe here]. Fully pimped, going in one room to the next melting, squishing, and maiming everything (EVERYTHING!) on their path.

Bro! Why are you even in public? With your load out, you already decided that you want to kill all of them by yourself anyway...

Edit: I know the purpose of damage dealers in high level public. In fact I love you guys when you are there. I just wanted to point out that my frustrations are based on high-level player nukers who join low-level missions when they can solo it. Mental note: make title clearer next time.

Edited by Aelurus

They want to get the mission done as fast as possible and any mission is faster with more people hypothetically. 

And some low level areas have resources that high level people need which leads to high levels being grouped with low levels.

Lastly one day you will find yourself doing the exactly same thing.

o_O I dunno. When people are new they tend to go with what works until they realize there are a plethora of FUN strategies, weapons, Warframes, companions, augments, etc to achieve the same function without cramping their teammates style. 

Not sure how far you are into the game but keep going up the solar system, there's a subtle fall-off in the effectiveness of most nukes but there will always be a min-maxer who will make something like Excalibur's radial javelin lethal even after the nerf. 

Now that I run Sorties I see only a few reliable power 4 nukes but by that point with the odds against you it's sort of the only way you can have viable fun with some of the stipulations. The only thing I still don't like is Mag's shield burst attack in Corpus Sorties. Yes, I do it and I'm thankful when a Mag does drop in but that is perhaps the most blatant of the nukes for a stipulation that otherwise would draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag out a mission beyond the realms of reason.

Anyway, just keep on trucking and try to avoid people who play overzealously. 

Yeah, it's not like high level people want to have fun too. That said, as someone who mains Saryn (pre and post rework), I kill everything in a given room with a gun, an explosive, an ability, it doesn't matter - I don't even try to, I either literally stand around waiting for my allies to do something useful, or run a support frame. If I run a killframe, then I get kills. I queue with people, I play with them, the mission is a success. I have never been told I need to stop using my abilities or stop killing - even though I try not to kill everything, most enemies in this game are paper when you get high enough. There's not much you can do about it.

I mean, do you expect people to gimp frames to be less powerful so...people feel better about not having invested as much time and effort into the game yet? I don't get it. My Equinox has max range and will run around with massive CC and free damage on everything, buffing everyone's power strength. Nobody even thinks about it until I hit 4 again and wipe out more than a full room of enemies in one shot. I was told once my Equinox "wasn't doing enough" so I ensured I killed 90%+ of the enemies. You either make yourself useful, or you don't.

Came here to vent. Apologies.

I have been playing for quite a while now but I still get irritated every time I am in a low-level public mission then someone decides to pop in with their shiny [insert what you think is an OP Warframe here]. Fully pimped, going in one room to the next melting, squishing, and maiming everything (EVERYTHING!) on their path.

Bro! Why are you even in public? With your load out, you already decided that you want to kill all of them by yourself anyway...

I think the real question is: If you're so annoyed by it, why are you playing on public? Play solo.

They want to get the mission done as fast as possible and any mission is faster with more people hypothetically. 

And some low level areas have resources that high level people need which leads to high levels being grouped with low levels.

When 1 button nukes a room, additional Tenno are irrelevant.

Don't assume things either, too often I see people just asuming things and basing their response around the fact that their assumption is correct. You dont 'know' that the OP will be doing that one day, perhaps they don't enjoy nuking everything.

Pretty much this.

If it's an Invasion, I'm bringing my Ember Prime and WoF-ing the area till everything is dead. usually 'cause I need a mark, or I need the Mission complete award.

Same with Alerts usually

I also make a habit to occasionally visit Mercury on Public and help out some newbie players. I'll help them finish that mission, talk with them, and help farm for them the frame they actually want before leaving.

I can go above 9000 on low levels as well, I just go to solo to do it.

I'm so glad I don't go public. That kind of gameplay is irritating. Coop games are meant to be played Cooperatively (duh), so doesn't that mean that everyone gets their fair share to help? What if they made some kind of conclave lock to keep newer players getting stuck playing with selfish OP players?

Don't assume things either, too often I see people just asuming things and basing their response around the fact that their assumption is correct. You dont 'know' that the OP will be doing that one day, perhaps they don't enjoy nuking everything.

Additional players gives additional enemies respawn so they farm more xp

Cleanup

Nukes will miss one or two enemies. or one lucky enemy will survive it. if you play solo, you HAVE to seek out that one motherf****er who's hiding and kill him, wasting time and Energy. If you play in public, you can ignore him, and be confident that your public allies will kill it for you. making the whole run faster as a result.

Asked the same myself. Response I got went along the lines of, "Don't tell me how to play the game".

You have my sympathy, not everyone finds it fun when someone does all the work for them, but venting on the forums won't help you.

And usually it isn't the fact that people can't have opinions and preferences of their own and vent their frustrations. It's when people try and lobby for sweeping nerfs just because other people are stealing their kills, "I want my fun to cannibalize your fun so I can enjoy MY game". They hide behind the truth that game balance is out of whack sometimes and use that kernel of truth to be elitist and volatile to other people who are blissfully unaware that they are doing anything wrong in the first place. That's what usually stops these dialogues, not the dialogue itself.

OP is fine.

Sorry you had that negative experience with people though DeMonkey. 

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

One of the reasons to go into public is to join a mission already in progress that's partially done to save yourself time. Especially exterminates or crossfires where you have to kill 200+ enemies. Always nice to jump into the mission with half the enemies already killed. Or defense alerts where you jump in at wave like 8 of 10. Very common to do this for alerts and invasions.

Aside from that, and missions where extra player help like interception, I mostly go in solo because I may not want to wait for players to catch up at extraction.

Edited by weezedog