The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Explain You, Why There Won't Be A New Color For New Criticals

Epsik-kun

Kinda funny to read and hear people even saying that there is a higher level than a red crit.

People forgot that red crits were removed and then re-introduced by popular demand. Why would they add another level in a gameplay mechanic and never telling anyone about it.

Also red crit before used to be a bit more niche, only handful of weapons had them. With these mods a lot of new options to make red is available and I think that was the whole point of these mods, rather than to crit to oblivion ( even tho we can since the crit based stuff got insane now ).

Kinda funny to read and hear people even saying that there is a higher level than a red crit.

People forgot that red crits were removed and then re-introduced by popular demand. Why would they add another level in a gameplay mechanic and never telling anyone about it.

I don't think you understand that this is exactly the red crit mechanics at work. It never was limited to 100%-200% crit chance interval. It works with anything above 100%. Prior to this update you  simply had no ways of getting over 200%.

If you think, that this is a regular red crit - do calculations yourself:
Spin attack in this build has 1100 damage.
Default red critical damage of x3 weapon is x5
Combo multiplier is x4
Ancient has no armor.
Damage on Ancient should be 1100 * 5 * 4 = 22000 damage. Is it so?

Whats the point now?

What's the point of asking "what the point" two posts after the post that starts with words "The point is"?

Time to use that purple colour damage.

For what exactly? Over 200% criticals? Over 300%? Over 400%? Over 500%? Because criticals shown in the OP are over 500% criticals.

The reason it doesn't show a good increase for melee is that the crit bonus damage drops by the base damage every time, is my understanding. And, of course, melee has S#&$ for crit multipliers.

So, 100 base damage, 4x crit multi is 400% damage for yellow crit, +300 for red1, +200 for red2, +100 for red3, +0 for red4, and +0 again for red5.

On the other hand, a 7x crit multi would be 700 damage at yellow, +600 for red1, +500 for red2, +400 for red3, +300 for red4, and +200 for red5.

Basically, diminishing returns.

What I'd like to see, though, is the crits turn colour based on the amount of damage added. Start out with yellow for the base multi, and then the relative difference from the initial yellow crit first reduces the green value by an amount equal to the relative difference between the base crit damage and added crit damage(ie, 5x crit/500% base damage would go to +400% base damage, so 80% reduction to yellow, and then the next one would be +300%, so additional 20% reduction to yellow + (40/2=20)% increase in both yellow and green, next one is 200, so another 20% to yellow and green, and then 100 which is another 10% to yellow and green. This way, you get feedback about how much extra crit you're actually getting in terms of damage, rather than just level1/level2/level2/level2.

Or, alternatively, it could be yellow, red, and then lighten relative to the difference between the current bonus and potential peak damage bonus of the weapon, so you know if you're really capping out your crits and how close each step gets you.

Edited by NezuHimeSama