Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Shadow Debt Post 18.4.3 Feedback [Megathread]

Wevi

The real reward is the Vulkar Wraith, and the mods are an added bonus.

You guys do know that....right?

So it's the same as it was just there are rewards for the process as well as the result.

Then why are the new mods listed under "rewards" section ? 

REWARDS 

- Complete the first 4 Missions for Alad V: Operation: Shadow Debt Sigil, Orokin Catalyst.

Defeat 10 Acolytes in-mission: Operation: Shadow Debt Sigil, Orokin Reactor. 

- 20 new Event Mods are here, and can be earned as drops from Defeating Acolytes or by playing the bonus final challenger mission. The names of these New mods are as follows, find them in-game to reveal their function:

mmmmm remember vulpine fiasco at the beginning. this acolyte hate will fade just like vulpine ^-^

if not, we got one greedy ! community i do not wish to be part off :|

*starts packing*

No, it won't because the mods won't be reintroduced. Not for a long time. All communities are greedy.

The community is good in comparison, because, while you play the actual game, you won't meet any legitimate toxic people.

On the forums, it's different, but that is the nature of open discussions/boards. 

You have a 0.1% chance to get (insert valuable drop) from (insert limited time boss from any game).

Meh, seems to warrant some complaint, but not a fullscale riot.

How lucky you are? I got 95 runs and got only one rare, nano applicator, from very first acolyte and then - nothing, I can't even aquare all the uncommon mods

RNG is RNG I got Argon scope on my second attempt and my buddy got two in a row. It does however bring up the problem with RNG systems as the bulk of your reward systems.

I have used 130 or so Tower I capture keys and have yet to see a Lex Prime receiver. Statistically I should have seen one and in fact my friend got one on his second try yesterday. Grind was never the problem, it is the infuriating variation and potential to never actually get what you want from that grind that needs to be looked at. I am getting tired of blindly running missions without knowing that at some point along the way I will get what I need and this event just shows how many people suffer from similar issues.

Edited by Rehero

If p = 0.04 then the expected value is 25. In general, you can find the probability that you will get the mod under a certain number of runs using the CDF of the geometric distribution (which is just a special case of the negative binomial distribution with a threshold of 1, which is useful because Excel doesn't have a geometric distribution but it does have the negative binomial distribution).

TLDR: The average player can expect to get a rare mod from this event in 25 runs. But if you're unluckiest 20% of players for example, it will take you more than 40 runs to get a rare mod. The unluckiest 10% of players will take more than 55 runs.

Edit: This data supports the OP in my opinion. Each acolyte appears something like once an hour, and depending on the mission type you can get in 3-4 runs each appearance, so it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get the complete mod set.

Edited by Atomy

I really like the Acolyte hunting.

And as the Acolytes are here to stay there is nothing to worry about the drops.

The only thing that was a little negative about the event was that Torment was killed in a few hours because of Abort-Farming. But she was revived due to this fact, so why complain more about it?

I am looking forward to the last part of the event now. Really interested in how this will end.

They're not here to stay, though? The official Twitter specifically said they'd be introduced at "a later date"--no one knows how far off that'll be or any of the little important details around it (is it going to be like that one time Bursas actually showed up again?), but it certainly makes it obvious they're not staying right now unless something changes.

I personally think they are shooting themselves in the foot. My prediction is the largest population decline post-event that Warframe has ever seen. Just a prediction though, could definitely be totally wrong(about the population decline, not that they know exactly what they're doing to us).

This will be most likely the case, I for myself hate the event and I am totally burned out after well over 200 runs because of the RNG wall.

Fighting one of these buggers is like crashing two dolls together until something breaks.

At least with melee.

Some basic tactics where they at least try to get out of melee range if they get hit with 5k+ dmg and think of a better way to attack would be appreciated. Bull rush doesn't work against a player who has no need to move and enough health regen to just keep swinging. Torment at least tried to dodge but that did nothing really.

Also I'd have preferred if we got the mods AFTER the event was done with guaranteed drops AND as drops from the acolytes.

In turn the acolytes could die faster.

I'd rather work towards a guaranteed goal rather than roll some dice.

Got only one rare atm: maiming strike, and that's it.

"They'll come back later", but i think the RNG won't even be the same as i belive they'll be "random encounters" so the RNG will actually be even worse because on top of the mods droprate itself we'll also have to deal with the Acolytes spawn rate too.

As i already sayd, the RNG is getting more and more rampant in this game instead of "getting better", DE knows it's problematic and even "promised" to improve it, but considering the latest course of the events either they don't care or don't really belive so, and it's is especially bad for those people who cannot play the game anytime they want (i have some friends who stopped playing completely since the Jordas Precept quest because of this, as those pherliac pieces of S#&$ are RNG and they couldn't find the blueprint).

This event tho... really ? We are not even allowed to play an event and get the rewards anymore without dealing with RNGesus ? Maybe next time make us deal with RNG even to have a chance to play the event in first place, or even better, let RNG itself decide if the event itself will happen at all !

I have like 2952 hours into this game since the open beta and i saw it growing and indeed making giant steps and improving since back then, i remember how PAINFUL it was to get the warframe parts when were not guaranteed as drop from bosses, and it's painful to say this but i belive the game is "going backwards" on this since Ivara and the Alertium came up.

I understand RNG is needed because we shouldn't get everything right away or to encourage some people to spend plats, but com'on, at least during the events spare us the pain to deal with this garbage, the events rewards should be given for just playing the event for a certain amount of time, not "because you got lucky during it", that's "Spiral knights" level of bad design choice.

Edited by Otakuwolf

I think we should at the very least, by the end of the entire Event,  are allowed to pick out 3 Mods we want and be done with it.

Whatever yu pick up is yur own business. 

Increasing the drop rate isn't gonna do jack shyt now with Misery having 16 mods on his sexy body. 

So by yur logic, if one has participated the Event, he should be subjected to RNG so that he may or may not receive a Mod, so that it is fair for those who missed the Event?

Amazing.

i see no problem with it

other than "i want it noaw" people whining

Thats not the point - all other events gave you reward equal to participation, this does not do that, and its not OK. And yes, I need Agron Scope.

that IS the point. We got a number of guaranteed mods and items for this event. Some of you are acting like there was nothing worthwhile during this event.

we got a sigil, catalyst, reactor, and at least 10+ new mods. There are only a FEW mods that are very rare that only a few lucky players will get. Thats 6 out of 20 mods that wont be handed out.

So yes, this is an event where we got rewarded for participation. Not only that, this is the MOST we've ever gotten for participating in an event,

that IS the point. We got a number of guaranteed mods and items for this event. Some of you are acting like there was nothing worthwhile during this event.

we got a sigil, catalyst, reactor, and at least 10+ new mods. There are only a FEW mods that are very rare that only a few lucky players will get. Thats 6 out of 20 mods that wont be handed out.

So yes, this is an event where we got rewarded for participation. Not only that, this is the MOST we've ever gotten for participating in an event,

That arguement alone can't stop the salty.

Warframe has been ridiculously grindy these days and people are basically driven to hate RNG provided by Events.

Yur arguement is sound tho, but I really rather have confirmed rewards after completing a set of missions.

At the rate we are going, I honestly don't know if we are able to down all 6 Acolytes and get the Vulkar Wraith at all.

At least DE managed to tone down the random jumping and the Acolytes are being taken down as we speak.

Got only one rare atm: maiming strike, and that's it.

"They'll come back later", but i think the RNG won't even be the same as i belive they'll be "random encounters" so the RNG will actually be even worse because on top of the mods droprate itself we'll also have to deal with the Acolytes spawn rate too.

As i already sayd, the RNG is getting more and more rampant in this game instead of "getting better", DE knows it's problematic and even "promised" to improve it, but considering the latest course of the events either they don't care or don't really belive so, and it's is especially bad for those people who cannot play the game anytime they want (i have some friends who stopped playing completely since the Jordas Precept quest because of this, as those pherliac pieces of S#&$ are RNG and they couldn't find the blueprint).

This event tho... really ? We are not even allowed to play an event and get the rewards anymore without dealing with RNGesus ? Maybe next time make us deal with RNG even to have a chance to play the event in first place, or even better, let RNG itself decide if the event itself will happen at all !

I have like 2952 hours into this game since the open beta and i saw it growing and indeed making giant steps and improving since back then, i remember how PAINFUL it was to get the warframe parts when were not guaranteed as drop from bosses, and it's painful to say this but i belive the game is "going backwards" on this since Ivara and the Alertium came up.

I understand RNG is needed because we shouldn't get everything right away or to encourage some people to spend plats, but com'on, at least during the events spare us the pain to deal with this garbage, the events rewards should be given for just playing the event for a certain amount of time, not "because you got lucky during it", that's "Spiral knights" level of bad design choice.

I feel the same. My clan and I stop playing this second part of the event and will wait for the last part.

While I enjoy the event I don't see the point of blindly calling out the community because a majority see flaws in the event. When we point out these flaws DE learns how they can improve events like this, so the next time they do it we the players will be given a better event as a whole. This event isn't bad, but it's got a lot of flaws that hold it back like the grinding issue. That issue slowly makes the event very repetitive, and dull because of the low drop chance of the rare mods that are very strong.

Edited by Balmungofsky