Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Umbra Means?

DesoPL

Prime frames are warframe that stayed in cryo after  the great war and many years after.

Umbra are the original warframes that didn't stay in cryo and decided to carry the burden of killing off an entire race. 

I think DE will do another cinematic for umbra excal revel

I think shadow stalker is going to be umbra excal because some armor in concept vaguely resembles the orokin shadow stalker armor

Edited by xxcib21xx

To prove the above point correct, and to speculate, I'd guess that Umbra would refer to some dark, and potentially twisted, energies being attributed to the Excalibur Warframe. From Google, the definition of Umbra, (in scientific terms), is "...the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse...", which could refer to some dark energies manipulating the Warframe, or could even go as far as implying that the Stalker himself, as well as his arsenal, have been mislead, (i.e. having the shadow of misinformation cast over them, so to speak).

I'm not really that well acquainted with the game's lore, and I do love to make stuff up and be hugely inventive with it all. Frankly, the above may be rendered completely incorrect by the lore that we do know, however, it's fun to speculate, and until we're provided with something, I suppose that this is all we have...