Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whooooo Sloooow Dooown! Warframe!

Todoran

DEVS u got a nice game here probably the best.... but THAT RUSH THOUUUU..... DAIOMM! players need a little, a tiny Itzi bitzi microscopic... runing and jumping speed reduction... i know :( ... i am going to get stoned and flamed by 90% of the ppl who read this but think about it for 1 second guys....... c'mon whe all know it... what is the gameplay here?.... "see who gets faster at the end?" realy :(.... think for a sec what if whe must cooperate strategize our next move.... not be able to just run trought the mobs like they are not even there.... what if .... it was dificult... hide jump strategize pull sneaky ninja stuff assinate mobs and the  other mobs must not see that because if they do see that many more wil come and and bum 0% chance.. dead, they kill us a gameplay not slow not fast! so i say make it a little more dificult DEVS and dont let us run and jump from the start to end just like that, because will do that... get bored and leave. Make it a true action combat... not a easy slash and mash, is to easy and that gets boring quick.... thanks for reading.

Edited by Todoran

Um...

I...

er...

For those interested, the OP is suggesting adding tougher content and slowing down the rushing nature of the game. Making combat interactive and such.

I think.

At least OP types better than the people I live around speak.

But really? Slowing down the game? Since when were space ninjas with space magic and dual wielded assault rifles ever slow? I would love tougher content, but making the game slower isn't the way to go.

Usually players that are highly skilled rush through missions like that.  Not everyone does that though.  You got to look at it like this.  We have seen every map in the game, know every corner and every crack.  We also know how to take down enemies quicker than new players.  It's experience.  That's all.   No need to punish people for that.

Usually players that are highly skilled rush through missions like that.  Not everyone does that though.  You got to look at it like this.  We have seen every map in the game, know every corner and every crack.  We also know how to take down enemies quicker than new players.  It's experience.  That's all.   No need to punish people for that.

Good point, whenever I see something new I do take my time ^^

i myself see no reason to rush through the game and i've been playing it for almost 3 years now. i still enjoy just going through and killing stuff and taking my time to enjoy the scenery. i find myself still discovering new stuff occasionally. i still like trying new ways to do things, seeing if i can do things differently, experimenting. there's always something new to be found...you just have to look. the people that just start a mission and rush to the end are missing out on a lot of stuff.

If you want that to happen, all tilesets need to be given the Orokin Void treatment: Puzzle side-rooms loaded with treasure, small puzzles in some rooms that offer a few things if performed properly, pressure plates and traps that can destroy you for moving too quickly.

Damm wall of text dammmm.

Ok so if yu think Warframe is too fast, the game is probably not for yu.

Even though Warframe has been largely compared to the likes of Destiny and Borderlands, the speed of the game is arguebly very different.

While Destiny and Borderlands seem to take into consideration firefights, and actually have the game host extended firefights due to their game design, Warframe is much more fast and action packed and explosive.

In Warframe, it is highly different in the tactics player choose to employ given the versatility of our tools. 

Slowing down Warframe is not contributing to it's identity, which is an action packed third person shooter / hack and slash.

It's meant to be "fast" .

Edited by YasaiTsume

This ninja speaks truth. Also, there's always solo play, where you can take as much time (or as little) as you like. I'm fond of soloing for this very reason, actually.

So what you basically mean is enforce stealth... Thing about stealth is, it doesn't work on survival, defence, excavation, mobile defence, hijack and pretty much any time you're in a squad not made of people invis at all times. Guess why people use Ember for exterminate missions, it saves time when you're in a hurry or are simply bored of the low level cannon-fodder. If I want to play stealth I go solo, if I want a specific mission reward from some low level mission I will rush the hell out of it, if a mission is too tough to handle (aka extremely high level, sometimes) then I'll ask a friend to join or go on public and we can all rush it together.

Edited by OG_DragonSkllzz

The problem here is the that GrindFrame... eh um eh... I mean Warframe is meant to be fast paced, explosive, and exciting.  Now, don't get me wrong, there is definitely the option to go solo and stealthy but don't tell me you still want to walk (crawl) to all the enemies?  No, of course not, you want to run to the next target or target area and then slow down and hit your mark.  This isn't "Driving Miss Daisy" after all.  Just look and the mods available for your frames like rush (names says it all lol), armored agility, speed drift, and sprint boost.  All of these combined gives you nearly double your movement speed... Whoa now that's fast.

Oh and did I mention the grind associated with this game...?  So if you're farming for a particular Prime part or resource or ducat farming, you really aren't going to want to take your time with each mission only to find out you got yet another forma bp or your tenth soma barrel.  Also a point of note: movement speed and parkour 2.0 help you stay alive to complete your mission.  So don't go knocking the speed, if you don't like it, learn to love it.

Well that's my looong winded reply... By the way this game great... Nothing else quite like it.