The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra?

CasualDragon6

Question

So I heard that a couple months ago the Chinese Warframe finally got their form of the Founder's pack. In this included Excalibur Umbra, basically Excalibur Prime for China. Now, I heard that this was actually a timed exclusive and would eventually be released to the rest of the world. Is this true? If it is, do we have an idea when it will be released here and if it will be a new frame or a skin?

13 answers to this question

There's some info and speculation on This thread.

Umbra is gonna be a new frame with a new system, almost identical to umbra prime but seems like DE hasn't worked much on it yet, so even though steve said he "guesses" umbra being released on "about 2 months" (one month ago) there's no ETA yet. For further info please refer to OP on the link and post your doubts there.

inb4merge

Will Excalibur Umbra be released to the global build? Yes

Is there any time we can expect it? No

Steve guessed two months on Twitter. I wouldn't even take the guess with a grain of salt, just ignore it entirely because the information provided on him currently is so undeveloped to the point one can expect him to possibly near the end of the year.

Edited by LazerSkink

So I heard that a couple months ago the Chinese Warframe finally got their form of the Founder's pack. In this included Excalibur Umbra, basically Excalibur Prime for China. Now, I heard that this was actually a timed exclusive and would eventually be released to the rest of the world. Is this true? If it is, do we have an idea when it will be released here and if it will be a new frame or a skin?

China got "Excalibur Umbra Prime" as an ersatz of the Founder Access.

Afaik, we will get Excalibur Umbra. So the non-Prime version. The XK Umbra Prime is exclusive to the chinese version of the game and will stay as is.

Excalibur Umbra is a standalone frame.

Excalibur Umbra Prime is also a standalone frame and is NOT Excalibur Prime.

That's all I've understood.

Umbra Dashed from General Discussion to PLayers helping PLayers.

China got "Excalibur Umbra Prime" as an ersatz of the Founder Access.

Afaik, we will get Excalibur Umbra. So the non-Prime version. The XK Umbra Prime is exclusive to the chinese version of the game and will stay as is.

Excalibur Umbra is a standalone frame.

Excalibur Umbra Prime is also a standalone frame and is NOT Excalibur Prime.

That's all I've understood.

Umbra Dashed from General Discussion to PLayers helping PLayers.

To be fair, Excalibur Umbra Prime is their Excal Prime, in that it's their Founders exclusive. OP is right in that regard. It is basically Excal Prime for China.

To be fair, Excalibur Umbra Prime is their Excal Prime, in that it's their Founders exclusive. OP is right in that regard. It is basically Excal Prime for China.

That's what "ersatz" means. It's equivalent to, meant to "compensate" or "substitute" the initial function/role but it's not the same/the original.

Excalibur Umbra Prime and Excalibur Prime do not share the same appearance anyway. And probably not the same stat alterations and/or polarities.

That's what "ersatz" means. It's equivalent to, meant to "compensate" or "substitute" the initial function/role but it's not the same/the original.

Excalibur Umbra Prime and Excalibur Prime do not share the same appearance anyway. And probably not the same stat alterations and/or polarities.

Thanks!.Cuz I've never seen that word before :p