Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Since The React Is Been Licensed.

TeaBegging

Finebros have already withdrawn their attempt/request to trademark the word "react" after the internet hive mind completely reamed them.

Finebros after "The internet reacts to the attempted trademarking of 'react'":

☐ Not REKT

☑ REKT

☑ REKTangle

☑ SHREKT

☑ REKT-it Ralph

☑ Total REKTall

☑ The Lord of the REKT

☑ The Usual SusREKTs

☑ North by NorthREKT

☑ REKT to the Future

☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT

☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT

☑ LawREKT of Arabia

☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT

I'm pretty sure the only thing you could have gotten sued for is copying their react videos in the exact same way... just saying.

I think they completly wanted the word Reacto to be licensed, and anybody who used it would need to ask to do so. Or they could get prosecuted, legally.

They wanted to trademark it, that alot off say in the matter if you get that much power.

The creators of candy crush, King, successfully trademarked the word "Candy".

Yeah, but that trademark only applies to games, though.

Also, http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/25/candy-crush-developer-withdraws-us-trademark-application-for-word-candy. The trademark would've only applied to digital puzzle games, so it wouldn't be applicable to anything other than that.

The problem with Finebros trying to trademark react is that it would apply to videos, and so anyone who makes a reaction video or any video with the word react would be essentially violating that trademark and would be flagged on Youtube.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Also, http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/25/candy-crush-developer-withdraws-us-trademark-application-for-word-candy . The trademark would've only applied to digital puzzle games, so it wouldn't be applicable to anything other than that.

The problem with Finebros trying to trademark react is that it would apply to videos, and so anyone who makes a reaction video or any video with the word react would be essentially violating that trademark and would be flagged on Youtube.

...I should find better news outlets.

Also, http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/02/25/candy-crush-developer-withdraws-us-trademark-application-for-word-candy.The trademark would've only applied to digital puzzle games, so it wouldn't be applicable to anything other than that.

Doesn't mean they'd take them down though, which I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't be doing in the video. Doesn't matter now though because they rescinded the trademark attempt. Problem is people think just because somethings trademarked that the "evil people" who decided to "trademark the word react" are going to to ban the use of react in anything besides their own videos.

TLDR: mindless masses always assume the worst.

Edited by maj.death

Doesn't mean they'd take them down though, which I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't be doing in the video. Doesn't matter now though because they rescinded the trademark attempt. Problem is people think just because somethings trademarked that the "evil people" who decided to "trademark the word react" are going to to ban the use of the react in anything besides their own videos.

I think any video with that word would automatically be flagged on Youtube. Not only that, but Finebros wouldn't have the authority to enforce their copyright anyway. It'd be Youtube. The concern isn't about Finebros being evil. It's about the potential problems it might have caused. That's all. Although yeah, I'm sure a bunch of people thought they were being "evil."

I think any video with that word would automatically be flagged on Youtube. Not only that, but Finebros wouldn't have the authority to enforce their copyright anyway. It'd be Youtube. The concern isn't about Finebros being evil. It's about the potential problems it might have caused. That's all. Although yeah, I'm sure a bunch of people thought they were being "evil."

bunch off people, the entire youtube community is going mad about this. There have been claims that they took down videos off small channels because they thought it was their 'patern' off content. This channels were like just started channels the guy who they took down the video from had only like 140 subscribers. Thats really sad, and killing the comeptetion so the powerfull can maintain it and stay big forever. If you see what happens.