The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Build The Snipetron?

DeMonkey

Question

Preface: I'm not a new player asking how to literally build it.

What mods do you use on it? I've made a spreadsheet detailing each snipers overall sustained DPS whilst unzoomed and zoomed (I like the snipers that much). But the Snipetron... No matter what I use on it, it barely does a quarter the DPS of everything else.

I must be missing something obvious, but I just can't see any reason to even bother with it.

17 answers to this question

Im no expert hek ive never used the thing but has there not been a decent amount of powercreep since it was removed from the market

There certainly has, I only ask in case I'm completely missing something and it can actually be viable using mods 'xzy'.

The main reason why it has such atrocious dps is because of three things.

1: Magazine size and reload speed

Yes, granted the Rubico has 5 shots and a 3s reload speed to the Snipetron, but having 4 shots and a 3.5s reload speed brings me to my next point.

2: Non-existent crit stats

Pretty much all the snipers in this game have 25% chance to crit and a 2.0 modifier, exceptions being the Rubico with a 3.0x multiplier and the Vulkar (wraith) having a 20% chance to crit. But the Snipetron only has a 1.5x multiplier, severely hampering its damage output.

3: Scope bonus

The Snipetron only caps out at a 6x zoom with a 15% damage bonus, while it can be argued that the Vulkar caps out at 20%, it has a syndicate mod to boost its scoped in damage further.

This is my personal take on why the Snipetron is so junk, and I doubt that modding it in any way other than a crit build makes it worth to use. Might as well throw sticks at the enemy.

EDIT: Changed figures to display correct information.

Edited by Sormatte

The main reason why it has such atrocious dps is because of three things.

1: Magazine size and reload speed

Yes, granted the Rubico has 5 shots and a 3s reload speed to the Snipetron, but having 4 shots and a 2.7s reload speed brings me to my next point.

2: Non-existent crit stats

Pretty much all the snipers in this game have 25% chance to crit and a 2.0 modifier, exceptions being the Rubico with a 2.5x multiplier and the Vulkar (wraith) having a 20% chance to crit. But the Snipetron only has a 1.5x multiplier, severely hampering its damage output. 

3: Scope bonus

The Snipetron only caps out at a 6x zoom with a 15% damage bonus, while it can be argued that the Vulkar caps out at 20%, it has a syndicate mod to boost its scoped in damage further. 

This is my personal take on why the Snipetron is so junk.

Oh believe me, I know, I factored that all into the spreadsheet. (Btw Rubico has a 3x multiplier)

I was just shocked at how bad it was compared to everything else and was kinda worried I borked up the math and there was some secret to it I hadn't discovered.

Oh believe me, I know, I factored that all into the spreadsheet. (Btw Rubico has a 3x multiplier)

I was just shocked at how bad it was compared to everything else and was kinda worried I borked up the math and there was some secret to it I hadn't discovered.

Yeah, its just.... disgustingly bad. The only thing it has going for it is the fact that its puncture based and has innate punch-through.

Edited by Sormatte

Yeah, its just.... disgustingly bad. The only thing it has going for it is the fact that its puncture based. 

Eh, not much of a benefit when everything beats it by 4x damage.

Thanks though, I guess there's nothing really to discuss about this, sorry mods.

Perhaps I'll make a buff suggestion when I'm not in danger of falling asleep.

Edited by DeMonkey

well, i guess, which one are we talking about?

if just the original Snipetron, you'll have a hard time making it worth using.

between atrocious Reload and terrible Crit Chance... yeah.

Snipetron Vandal on the other hand, it's Reload is very acceptable, makes a huge difference. plus having 'normal' Crit Chance.

this allows you to potentially have 4 Elementals, 3 Elementals + Anti-Faction, 2 Elementals + Anti-Faction + Hammershot for niche Playstyles, Et Cetera.

without having to consider putting on a Punch-Through Mod, you can get your effective Damage per Shot to be closer to the heavy hitters.

it's also a 'pretty fantastic' Anti-Grineer Weapon due to Puncture Weight. i.e. a bit better vs Grineer.

Snipetron realistically just should have 'normal' Crit Chance*, not abysmal Reload Time. would make it a much more usable option.

both of the two could use more Status Chance. not because you'd really use Status Mods, but to make them apply Status at about the same rate as other Sniper Rifles, which is one per every other shot on average when considering Multishot.

*: actually, we could do something interesting.

give Snipetron a 50% Crit Chance. :)

below average Crit Multiplier, but very high Crit Chance.

i could then see Argon Scope being a very interesting mod for it. 92.5% Red Crit Chance.

Preface: I'm not a new player asking how to literally build it.

lol :p

Edited by taiiat

well, i guess, which one are we talking about?

if just the original Snipetron, you'll have a hard time making it worth using.

between atrocious Reload and terrible Crit Chance... yeah.

Snipetron Vandal on the other hand, it's Reload is very acceptable, makes a huge difference. plus having 'normal' Crit Chance.

this allows you to potentially have 4 Elementals, 3 Elementals + Anti-Faction, 2 Elementals + Anti-Faction + Hammershot for niche Playstyles, Et Cetera.

without having to consider putting on a Punch-Through Mod, you can get your effective Damage per Shot to be closer to the heavy hitters.

it's also a 'pretty fantastic' Anti-Grineer Weapon due to Puncture Weight. i.e. a bit better vs Grineer.

Snipetron realistically just should have 'normal' Crit Chance, not abysmal Reload Time. would make it a much more usable option.

both of the two could use more Status Chance. not because you'd really use Status Mods, but to make them apply Status at about the same rate as other Sniper Rifles, which is one per every other shot on average when considering Multishot.

Don't have the Snipetron Vandal, completely forgot it exists, I'll tabulate that later on and see just how close I can get it to the heavy hitters.

Thank you.

lol :p

Seen too many people skim a thread and post a reply based soley on the title. Not in the mood for people trying to explain to me it's exclusive.

It's 6 in the morning for me damnit.

296.jpg 

At the moment the Snipetron and the Vandal variant arent in a good spot.They look nice but the other snipers out there are easily better.

I wish the Vulkar Wraith would look like the Snipetron.Normally i normally really like the "Grineer theme looking" guns like Hind,Brakk,etc but the Vulkar is not my taste.

My dream sniper would be the clean futuristic look of the Snipetron.The stats a mix  from the Rubico and Vulkar Wraith and the sound from the Vulkar Wraith and on top of that a base 50% crit chance.

Edited by K0bra

I don't really keep up on the field, but I've heard people say that Snipetron is really OP in Conclave. If it's true, that's worth taking that into consideration.

Eh, I'll leave PvP spreadsheets to Pythadragon. Wouldn't want to step on their toes. Or claws. Or wings. Or whatever dragons have.

~snip~

you don't want that gun... trust me, you'd be better off trying to kill things with a fluffy pillow than that crappy rifle. "sniper" my !....

Already own it.

~snip~

~snip~

Thanks for the replies guys/gals whomever you may be, guess I didn't miss anything.

Inb4 buff thread.