The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How It Feels To Use Equinox's 'duality' Augment

Ailith

My problem with this, is that 7 seconds doesn't leave you with enough time to really do anything before I have to switch again to respawn the other half.

It scales with duration. Equinox is a duration heavy frame. Are you running 100% flat or something?

Who ever though about 7 seconds being enough. If other half can't use powers, even more so. I can bring a spectre and it lasts forever, this thing should last 20 seconds base, 40 seconds max.

Does a specter have that much DPS? Can you pull out infinite specters that get the same buff you do just by spawning in? Build some duration on your equinox, it's not that hard. You don't even need to narrow minded the thing.

It scales with duration. Equinox is a duration heavy frame. Are you running 100% flat or something?

yea, duration isn't that important on Equinox compared to other stats. Range, strength, and efficiency are way more efficient on her than duration is. Luckily duration on Rest/rage is very generous, and pretty much unnoticeable on the metamorphosis buff.

Does a specter have that much DPS? Can you pull out infinite specters that get the same buff you do just by spawning in? Build some duration on your equinox, it's not that hard. You don't even need to narrow minded the thing.

All that equinox needs is massive range and high efficiency. And even if I ran high duration mod, 7s is really nothing. I would give up on "infinite copies, for some duration. 

...there are multiple ways to build Equinox, you know. Also, metamorphosis build most certainly uses duration, because it attenuates the decay massively. Hint: Duality is a Metamorphosis augment. Sorry it doesn't just pile half a minute of ridiculously high DPS onto your very specific minmax for nearly zero energy.

It seems like everyone just wants an excuse for a free half minute of infinite ammo synoid simulor without building for the stat the augment scales off. At absolute most, the duration could be raised to 10 seconds, but that's it.

Does a specter have that much DPS? Can you pull out infinite specters that get the same buff you do just by spawning in? Build some duration on your equinox, it's not that hard. You don't even need to narrow minded the thing.

Specters are capable of using powers.

Specters are capable of a lot of damage output depending on what you give them.

Mine has a Sancti Tigris, fires fairly often, so assuming no mods each sot is 1250 damage, so it's at least a couple of k DPS.

Specters are capable of using powers.

Specters are capable of a lot of damage output depending on what you give them.

Mine has a Sancti Tigris, fires fairly often, so assuming no mods each sot is 1250 damage, so it's at least a couple of k DPS.

I'm pretty sure this thing's multiplier makes it potentially deal more damage than you for the duration.

Doesn't have powers, but it hits like an Equinox-shaped truck. Not like it needs any more than that.

It seems like everyone just wants an excuse for a free half minute of infinite ammo synoid simulor without building for the stat the augment scales off. At absolute most, the duration could be raised to 10 seconds, but that's it.

We want proper, useful power. I won't sacrifice my precious mod slot for mere gimmick. 7s is nothing, even with solid duration it's way to little, can't you see? Power is not good enough to build around it. Your twin is nice addon but it's no ult or something truly useful, no matter what weapon it uses. Frequent switches as tactic choice make no sense, equinox works from damage stored, her powers do not synergize in any way day/nigh side. 

Idea is good but duration is too low to make it useful imo. 

We want proper, useful power. I won't sacrifice my precious mod slot for mere gimmick. 7s is nothing, even with solid duration it's way to little, can't you see? Power is not good enough to build around it. Your twin is nice addon but it's no ult or something truly useful, no matter what weapon it uses. Frequent switches as tactic choice make no sense, equinox works from damage stored, her powers do not synergize in any way day/nigh side. 

Idea is good but duration is too low to make it useful imo. 

Oh, really?

Metamorphosis buff is powerful when built for, which is - again - the point of a Metamorphosis augment. Rest and Rage synergize to provide weakened and sleeping enemies for basically unlimited duration. Pacify/Mend can be swapped to for a quick heal that requires very little charging, and in any event maimbombs charge quickly enough that if you take that long to build up a killshot, you're doing something painfully, hilariously wrong.

On the contrary. The best Equinoxes use both forms to the fullest. I'll admit to not being one of them, because Night is my game. You still fail to explain why 7s is "not enough" for you, and why you want the pure insanity that is 20-40 seconds base other than some misguided assumption that no Equinoxes build duration (oh, all right, let's just make the augment last longer than the main ability, shall we?)

Only issue it has right now is target tracking and resolution. That's really it. Again, at most, base duration could be 10 seconds. If you don't build your Equinox for the playstyle the augment empowers, don't use it. Simple as that.

There is only one way that you can (or could) play equinox till now, you obviously haven't discovered it or just for whatever reason dislike it, idk. Equinox can be truly badass nuker or frail, wonky and peculiar cc frame. You opted for later.

Your style and choice of playing equinox is irregularity, a exception that confirms the rule. New mod perhaps fits you because of it. Equinox is not frequently played and vast majority of ppl playing it play as I do. As day maimer, 

7s is nothing because only time I want to get in night form is for group healing or cc when group doesn't kill fast enough and that doesn't happen often enough, nor any kind of summoned ally is smart enough to make me sacrifice my slot.

On the end let us just agree to disagree. Opinions and play styles vary but we can put it this way too - if that mod is used and useful by community then I guess you were right. 90% of equinoxes will opt for "contagious sleep" mod, cause it's truly useful stuff, making room for two is not feasible and making a build around duality is not practical or efficient enough.

ThorienKELL, on 07 Feb 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

There is only one way that you can (or could) play equinox till now, you obviously haven't discovered it or just for whatever reason dislike it, idk. Equinox can be truly badass nuker or frail, wonky and peculiar cc frame. You opted for later.

Your style and choice of playing equinox is irregularity, a exception that confirms the rule. New mod perhaps fits you because of it. Equinox is not frequently played and vast majority of ppl playing it play as I do. As day maimer, 

7s is nothing because only time I want to get in night form is for group healing or cc when group doesn't kill fast enough and that doesn't happen often enough, nor any kind of summoned ally is smart enough to make me sacrifice my slot.

On the end let us just agree to disagree. Opinions and play styles vary but we can put it this way too - if that mod is used and useful by community then I guess you were right. 90% of equinoxes will opt for "contagious sleep" mod, cause it's truly useful stuff, making room for two is not feasible and making a build around duality is not practical or efficient enough.

Wasn't the purpose of augments supposed to be making different builds appealing?

For some reason your video of Agent Smith and the complaints about duration made me think of this.

WX58C2N.png

That is the greatest reference ever. Now I just can't stop thinking of Wesker's "THERE' NO POINT IN HIIIIIDING, YOU'RE JUST DELAYING THE INEVITABLE"

Duration heavy frame? one of its abilities Rest/rage is duration based and thats it.

4598855-44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a

You think that is funny? Nightform equinox is downright lackluster frame, her abilities are just bad mostly and situational at best. I'm talking about time prior syndicate mods. Sure you can put enemies to sleep and use covert lethality on them but other frames have infinitely better cc options that work on massive area and are overall better/safer choices. Her damage reduction is mediokrish and range limited and her healing is possibly among worst healing powers in game. She is almost never played as night form for a reason.

On the other hand her dayform is quite amazing. Infinite scaling, massive range, infinite damage nuker frame that needs no power strength at all /with fair cc as bonus. Equinox is only nuker that works in sorties or wherever. It feeds on team weapon damage and only reason I can fathom why she isn't more popular is because people in general are too lazy or dumb to use more then single button to nuke stuff - or because she is too single dimensional with one really good power, till now that is. 

Duality.PNG

"Metamorphosis Augment"

and the fact that we are discussing is that the duration is too low. if you are attempting to say it doesnt matter how low it is because 'muh duration build' then you have no say in the matter.

correction: you can have a say in the matter but all I can see is attempted trolling.

Edited by evil_m3nace

and the fact that we are discussing is that the duration is too low. if you are attempting to say it doesnt matter how low it is because 'muh duration build' then you have no say in the matter.

Except the most common reason being thrown about is "muh 24/7 maim build that uses zero duration, muh nuke efficiency, qq". K then.

It's almost as if "change your build to work with the augment" is some sort of alien concept.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

Except the most common reason being thrown about is "muh 24/7 maim build that uses zero duration, muh nuke efficiency, qq". K then.

It's almost as if "change your build to work with the augment" is some sort of alien concept.

so what you are saying is that a base of seven seconds for a specter to spawn is worth a mod slot instead of a specter that stays with you infinitely through a mission at the cost of minimal resources. glad to know we are on the same page.

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, console only, but I don't see why anyone would expect anything more than perhaps 1-to-1 with metamorphosis natural timing. 7 seconds does seem a little thin, but I'm not a good equinox player. I can never get rest/rage right, just bad at my timing, and I consistently forget pacify/provoke altogether somehow....I had just assumed when I first heard about the ability, that they'd just opt to simplify things, make it easy to remember and plan for. The same counter for night/day forms also covering the clone time. I dunno, just my half cent.