Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titanic Rumbler Needs Improvement

Buzkyl

The premise of the augment of the augment is pretty nice, Atlas summon 1 massive Golem that CC's better than his 2 smaller 1.

Except 2 small issue:

1.The Rumbler fights like any normal rumbler just with added aggro. Yes it posses an added ground slam attack, however he uses it at random, sometimes very frequently, sometimes rarely when facing a group of enemies. The attack itself is just another stagger

2. The rumbler does not aggro enemies attacking Atlas. After all if it's going to provide CC by taking enemies away from Atlas, it should do so by aggroing enemies attacking atlas as well as enemies which are going to face him.

Both of these lead to the conclusion

"Why isn't this part of the base skill anyway?" As the augment is barely different than the base skill, you're paying a mod slot for a Rumbler buff, essentially (and an average one at that).

So let's change that

In addition to it's current aggro mechanics- If Atlas is within 25M of the Rumbler. the Rumbler will use it's Giant slam attack. This will do 2 things

1. Enemies within 10M of the Rumbler will be ragdolled by the attack.

2.Enemies attacking Atlas will turn their attention to the Rumbler

Another addition is that the stones thrown by the Rumbler will be noticeable bigger in size and will knockdown enemies in a radius upon impact.

Edited by Buzkyl

How about you add health regen to that list of changes, shall we?

I hate how Atlas cant recover health in any way EVEN with augments mods :(

If anything, I'd say healing would fit better on the Tectonics Augment (which is pretty meh right now),

e.g. a radial Rejuvenation effect around the walls would make them a lot more appealing / welcome

and would give them something extra now that they lost their boulder dealio.

(BTW, given Atlas' high Armor / Energy pool and not least Steel-Charge-fitting Polarity,

the good ol' Rage + Life Strike combo isn't exactly unfeasible to use on him.)

How long can this giant rumbler even withstand enemy fire? hes has even a way bigger frame for the enemies to target.

And why is it mathematicaly less effective than the two normal rumblers?

Going to test this out in simulacrum now on level 100 enemies groups.

Also it's less durable than 2 rumblers because it CC more than them, however that CC aspect is lacking as i explained.

Edit: Below are the times a full ranked unmmoded Titanic Rumbler lasted vs  level 100 enemies

10 Charger Eximus- ~34 seconds

10 arid Butchers- ~ 20 seconds

5 corpus techs- ~5-8 seconds (depending on how much far each of thier supra can wind up)

5 corrupted gunners- ~30+ seconds

Durability wise it lasts very long compared to other tanky skills. However because it draws aggro it absorbs alot of damage without a way to counter.

It's punchs are single target and only stagger

It's AoE slams are very small

It has a very small reach and needs melee range

Edited by Buzkyl

If anything, I'd say healing would fit better on the Tectonics Augment (which is pretty meh right now),

e.g. a radial Rejuvenation effect around the walls would make them a lot more appealing / welcome

and would give them something extra now that they lost their boulder dealio.

(BTW, given Atlas' high Armor / Energy pool and not least Steel-Charge-fitting Polarity,

the good ol' Rage + Life Strike combo isn't exactly unfeasible to use on him.)

Valkyr can recover her health with her ulti.

Wukong can escape death with his defy.

So why Atals, a brawler frame like Valkyr and Wukong, cant have a mean to recover health or survive death?

So i say give the Titanic Rumbler (augment mod) the ability to convert 1% (more or less) of the damage dealt into health for Atlas!

Also Rage/ Life Strike combo is good but not energy efficient if you use Land Slide alot.

Also another thing, high armor rating at times means nothing, whether its a but or enemies CAN score a critical shot on us, i would like not to depends on Rage/ Life Strike combo on him :/

Edited by Prinny13

Valkyr can recover her health with her ulti.

Wukong can escape death with his defy.

So why Atals, a brawler frame like Valkyr and Wukong, cant have a mean to recover health or survive death?

So i say give the Titanic Rumbler (augment mod) the ability to convert 1% (more or less) of the damage dealt into health for Atlas!

Also Rage/ Life Strike combo is good but not energy efficient if you use Land Slide alot.

Also another thing, high armor rating at times means nothing, whether its a but or enemies CAN score a critical shot on us, i would like not to depends on Rage/ Life Strike combo on him :/

Atlast also has much more armour than Wukong, his second and 3rd ability also CC enemies, his ultimate also draws enemies away even without the augment. So yes, Atlas does have a way to survive. Not every tanky frames has a form of self recovery with Valkyr being the only one, hwoever many frames have additional ways to avoid damage in addition to tanking them.