Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Attacking Empty Space 90% Of The Time With Excal's Eb Are A Painful Sight

-N7-Leonhart

Radiant Finish having more purpose is something that I approve of. A change similar to what I proposed would make that mod so much more worth it.

indeed, it is the most useful mod in conjunction with EB cause people can disable and still deal high damage with EB, even with lower str.. it will help people aim blinded enemies and hit em, rather than be the blinded person and hit thin air.. lol

When I play excal, I spam EB and RB if I need more damage but that's because it hits through walls and I have enemy radar. To the newer players it looks like I am attacking nothing but in reality I am trying to hit a person a can not see.

Why do I do this, well because level 100+ mobs hit hard and I try not to die in one shot.

You dont use term nerf , but increase energy drain per hit, in crowd situation , all energy ll finish in a sec, in good terms, skill s ruined and useless = nerfed frame ^^ 

*Energy drain per mouse click.

And if you mean something like not spamming 5 blades per second, only when 2 are required, I fail to see how that is a nerf.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

When I play excal, I spam EB and RB if I need more damage but that's because it hits through walls and I have enemy radar. To the newer players it looks like I am attacking nothing but in reality I am trying to hit a person a can not see.

Why do I do this, well because level 100+ mobs hit hard and I try not to die in one shot.

Great so for 0.0001% of the game the behavior is warranted....good point....

Im not the only one then... everytime I see someone like this I just wan't to shout "CAN YOU STOP FOR A <insert not so nice word here> SECOND!?". I don't because thats not their fault that they can do it. And no, "Don't like it don't use it" or "Play solo" is not a cure for that problem. Its balance issue, and you can't say that its okay because nerfing it is taking away fun from players. Well, EB takes away my fun, how about that? There should be a middle ground, you can't let players spam one button until they see "You win", nor you can't insta kill whole team at a start of a level. Challenge=Satisfaction, thats why you don't want to play Tekken, or FIFA with a 3 year old child. Its too easy, there is no point.

Sadly, Warframe has huuuuge problem with Power Creep, you like that old Penta, Synapse or Miter? Well you can use them, but you'll be the 5'th wheel in your team since you will be unable to kill a thing. Power Creep is bad, just because some people feel like big numbers extend their e-peen doesn't make it a good thing

Even if it's changed to energy drain per attack like Ivara, people still spamming thin air xD

well at least that could've helped a bit, helping people to actually hit enemies and please, am I the only one using radiant finish? @@

it's a good mod and it's really useful for the team especially with high dur and range.. alright, that aside. yes we can use some buff like.. faster animation of slash n dash? and yeah changing the mechanism of EB, just like some ppl stated here. could be a start.

He means energy drain each time a wave is fired off, not each time it hits an enemy.  A wave will take up the same amount of energy whether it goes through 1 or 20 enemies.  He is only suggesting we do this so people actually take time to aim their shots rather than flail at the air.

What if they had reason to not spam every instant using EB? Like if they had a power charge stat increasing the size, speed, damage, and force of the next exalted blade wave.

Maybe both proposed effects? Ivara style drain per wave with a power auto-charging/buff stat? 

Of course the Ivara style drain per wave would kinda be a buff in itself given that they can then regen energy without the channeling ability limitations and no longer be dependent on duration, although would still be smart to build for it since blind effects and melee damage bonus are just, ya know...

Edited by KnotOfMetal