Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overclocked My 8350 To A Stable 4.8Ghz!

-FrostByte-

"Sir, do you know why I'm stopping you today?"

"No, officer."

"I have you clocked at going 4.80GHz in a 3.40. I just wanted to congratulate your accomplishment and pray you don't boil your cooling system."

h100i after stability tests and benchmarks for about 8 hours 69c is the highest it got and just the way i like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I repasted it and temps dropped by about 6~8c

Well done.

Which kind of cooling?What voltage?

h100i 1.48-ish

Damn~ How much did cost it cost you?

you can get an amd fx-8350 black edition for $169.99 usd. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i don't want to sound like a stinker but unless you break 5Ghz total estimated Clock on an 8350, it's not uncommon territory at all.

I'm wondering, but when do you need that much for a computer anyways? I'm stuck on my 2.4GHz laptop and I'm doing fine. O .o

Edited by Yazeth

Very nice man. I've rarely seen chips that can handle the 5ghz mark. Good luck! :)

I refuse to let my dreams be dreams. I'll do it! one day!

I'm wondering, but when do you need that much for a computer anyways? I'm stuck on my 2.4GHz laptop and I'm doing fine. O .o

same reason why I have a 1000cc engine on my bike. I've got a need for speed! but in all seriousnessnessnes, Faster renders in 3dsmax?!?

FYI - estimated Total Clock Rate is only comparable between Processors on the exact same Architecture.

tl;dr - 'Ghz' means nothing for actual performance and reading that number literally tells you nothing about it's performance compared to another Processor if it isn't basically the same Processor.

Edited by taiiat