Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Division Will Not Be Held Back By Consoles

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-pc-not-held-back-ubisoft-says/1100-6434609/

So after rumors had spread about the Division (PC) being held back by the console versions arose, the developers have flat-out stated that this is un-true.

"From the beginning, the PC version of The Division was developed from the ground up, and we're confident players will enjoy the game and the features this version has to offer," the rep added. "And the feedback from PC players who participated in the recent closed beta supports this."

The unnamed developer who originally made the "in check" comment also said "it would be kind of unfair to push [the PC version] so far away from [the console versions]." He added that he was happy that Ubisoft committed to making a dedicated PC version of the game from the start. The end result is that PC players will get a solid experience, complete with more graphics customization options than console.

Ubisoft won't be convincing anyone of that though, with their track record.

i do approve of them grabbing a feature from 20+ years ago and realizing how useful it is - Video Settings. and using them for Consoles.

so instead of making Detail Render Distance ~2 Meters (freaking Cry Engine), having actual options to turn off things that a Consumer doesn't like personally anyways, for better performance.

will help a lot with Consoles trying to actually get consistent performance! hopefully it becomes more widely adopted - and hell, because someone as big as Ubi has done it, probably will, but only because someone as bit as Ubi did it :|

This is a Warframe forum bud, not a Ubisoft. Save your other game developer news for someone else

This section of forums is called "off topic" for a reason.

Aint getting any more off-topic than this.

Still don't trust Ubisoft. Their PC ports are ALWAYS S#&$.

As someone said "the only reason why EA is the worst company in America is because Ubisoft is in France"

Edited by Artek94

I don't even think you've played the closed beta, or read news about it. Otherwise, there's no need to post this article.

I've never played Halo, Titanfall, Her Story, Mafia, Psychonauts, Homefront, Just Cause 3 yet I still posted articles about them.

I don't need to play the game at any point to post the article here.

I've never played Halo, Titanfall, Her Story, Mafia, Psychonauts, Homefront, Just Cause 3 yet I still posted articles about them.

I don't need to play the game at any point to post the article here.

Never mentioned you couldn't post those articles. Just that there's no need to post obvious things.

You're just like a NPC that tells players about things they already knew.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Ubisoft also said they wouldn't pull off a Watch Dogs again so I'm not gonna take this news to heart.

Regardless, my point still stands.

Not everyone knows about this. The whole reason why I post the articles is to inform people of things they may have not heard of. If you already know about it, good for you, you don't need to come into the thread and post that I shouldn't have posted it because it's "obvious".

Edited by TheErebus.

The edge, it's bleeding me dry!

Ubisoft also said they wouldn't pull off a Watch Dogs again so I'm not gonna take this news to heart.

Ubisoft's unofficial company motto:

'Lie.'

ANYTHING that they say will be inaccurate or incomplete. PC players EXIST for Ubisoft to screw. They are in the CONSOLE business and PC is just to pad their sales a little. They couldn't care LESS if the games even WORK as long as people buy them. For every sucker who buys an Ubisoft PC game and then decides to get a refund, there are dozens who either cannot get refunds for whatever reason or will try to make them work long enough for the refund period to expire.

PROFIT NUMBS THE FEELING!

Regardless, my point still stands.

Not everyone knows about this. The whole reason why I post the articles is to inform people of things they may have not heard of. If you already know about it, good for you, you don't need to come into the thread and post that I shouldn't have posted it because it's "obvious".

I'm just saying, it's Ubisoft. The likelihood of them being 100% honest on their statements.

Btw, consoles are supposedly getting basic console settings as well to improve FPS.