Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Warframes Please

(PSN)DeathWolf2u

Seeing some of the new frames i.e.  Wukong, Nezha and Equinox for example, I'm noticing that DE devs just might be out of ideas for new frames and weapons, minus the Sonicor.

So winners of the Tennogen contest for new weapon skins and profile icons I think it's time to let the talented Warframe community design some new weapons and frames, SERIOUSLY.

Just try it once, have a contest for a whole new frame with visual design and abilities. The winner has their concept created.

If sales are higher for them then there is your answer.

DE isn't running out of ideas. They made Wukong and Nezha for the Chinaframe launch, heavily basing them on the legends they are named for.

Equinox is a DC frame, making it effectively exactly what you are suggesting. We came up with every element of it.

Aren't frames like Chroma, Zephyr and Nova already pseudo-community designed frames?

Zephyr was a fan concept, Nova and Equinox are DC frames.

Chroma is pretty much just a fan frame in that there were a few popular dragonframe concepts at the time. They liked the theme, so they went with something in that vein.

Weapons I could MAYBE see happening someday. I would confidently say that a fan-made warframe will almost definitely never happen.

As for "running out of ideas"- hardly. They have 4 other warframes in the works, wukong/nezha should be considered anomalies because they were made for chinaframe, and Equinox happened because yin/yang frame was one of the most highly and long-term requested warframes of all time and they decided to finally give it to the community that had been begging for it so adamantly.

Edited by Stratego89

Aren't frames like Chroma, Zephyr and Nova already pseudo-community designed frames?

Nova is the only "real" design from the community, since she was made with the input of the Design Council.

Chroma's theme was voted by the DC but that's it.

Liger's Zephyr fan concept was posted coincidentally when Zephyr was almost completed and released, so he didn't really kickstart Zephyr.

I don't think that'll work with Tennogen. The creators get money for everey sold skin, that would mean you couldn't buy those frames with plat or maybe even not farm. And steam would probably not like to get nothing or plat either, while DE might be able to make different contracts for framedesigners.

Edited by lukshu

That's not what the OP is talking about. DE has allowed the Design Council to design a new warframe (and weapon too). Equinox and the Mios are the direct result of players getting their concepts accepted, but through the Design Council. Fan Concepts is just a section for fans to be creative. I don't think it's meant to be a source of ideas for DE.

But, OP, no, using TennoGen to make new frames and weapons won't work. Deluxe skins with new meshes, yeah. That'll work. But not completely new frames and weapons.

Nova is the only "real" design from the community, since she was made with the input of the Design Council.

Liger's Zephyr fan concept was posted coincidentally when Zephyr was almost completed and released, so he didn't really kickstart Zephyr.

Chroma had nothing to do with the DC, DE liked the theme of dragon that was going around for a few concepts (not just one, contrary to what many complaints claim) so they decided to make their own.

The zephyr concept, I'm certain, was the basis/inspiration for the official frame as the devs claimed this before and Equinox's theme was the only thing about her that was hard-voted by the DC and nothing more.

Nova is to this day the only warframe where every aspect (except appereance) was chosen in polls by the DC.

Chroma had nothing to do with the DC, DE liked the theme of dragon that was going around for a few concepts (not just one, contrary to what many complaints claim) so they decided to make their own.

The zephyr concept, I'm certain, was the basis/inspiration for the official frame as the devs claimed this before and Equinox's theme was the only thing about her that was hard-voted by the DC and nothing more.

Nova is to this day the only warframe where every aspect (except appereance) was chosen in polls by the DC.

Given that we're constantly hearing people complain that Nova is OP, perhaps the community shouldn't be allowed to design frames from now on. :P

Zephyr is Ligers concept but twisted. they merely forgot to credit him which they rectified at a later date. Chroma wasn't voted on by the DC at all. it was merely a popular "theme" and they went with it, people merely saw it was a dragon themed frame and thought it was supposed to be the concept of the dragon frame. to which they were disappointed. Nova and Equinox were DC frames.

equinox's powers were suggested by DC members as well. only thing was the visual design which i don't think DC gets a word on.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Zephyr is Ligers concept but twisted. they merely forgot to credit him which they rectified at a later date. Chroma wasn't voted on by the DC at all. it was merely a popular "theme" and they went with it, people merely saw it was a dragon themed frame and thought it was supposed to be the concept of the dragon frame. to which they were disappointed. Nova and Equinox were DC frames.

equinox's powers were suggested by DC members as well. only thing was the visual design which i don't think DC gets a word on.

Zephyr is nothing like Liger's concept (other than "air" and name), and was probably 75% complete when Liger posted his concept. Saying they were "inspired" cost nothing and give them PR.

I don't care to discuss the rest.

Didn't DE once say they have hundreds of warframe concept art that can inspire new frame abilities as development progresses?

They just don't have time to put them all to use for each update. I believe this is why we're seeing more and more Warframes released in recent times- they're churning them out at full production (and of course to appease the Chinaframe Tenno).

Will we ever again see two or more frames released at once (Banshee and Saryn)? Perhaps. Will they have similar if not copy-pasted abilities (Equinox Rest vs. Ivara Sleep arrow)? Probable. Is a community-driven Warframe design contest what we would like? Absolutely! just take a look at fan concepts sub forum!

lol not even close ... im still waiting for my favorite character...that i watched ever since i was a kid

give me a NINJA TURTLE FRAME !!! 

all there weapons already exist in-game such as BO staff , nun-chuck , nikanas oh wait no SAI YET !

and care bear frame too , they got good powers hahaha

Zephyr is nothing like Liger's concept (other than "air" and name), and was probably 75% complete when Liger posted his concept. Saying they were "inspired" cost nothing and give them PR.

I don't care to discuss the rest.

i didn't know you were there at DE to witness zephyr being created. Believe what you will

This couldn't happen because tenno gen stuff has to be bought with real money. If there were frames and weapons that could not be earned but only bought with real money then this would become a major Pay 2 Win game farther than just rushing weapons in the foundry. Simply because of that it is not going to happen, at least not from tenno gen. (that is a steam workshop rule btw they can't change it) 

i didn't know you were there at DE to witness zephyr being created. Believe what you will

I wasn't, which is why I wrote "probably". I find it improbable that Liger actually inspired Zephyr from the ground up. Sure, they might have reused one idea or two from the concept, but that's hardly the same thing at all. I don't need your permission to use common sense.

I wasn't, which is why I wrote "probably". I find it improbable that Liger actually inspired Zephyr from the ground up. Sure, they might have reused one idea or two from the concept, but that's hardly the same thing at all. I don't need your permission to use common sense.

DR2wUE1.png

can't find a better image, but it seems it inspired them to some degree. regardless of how much of the original concept was used. they could have kept closer to the concept (which mynki has said he regretted some of the work he did on zephyr) but the general shape of the frame is similar